Rumor: All Encompassing Jimmy Vesey Thread. All Rumors/News goes here. Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
More from Mackey's talk with Fish today:

In addition to the Penguins, Vesey, the 2016 Hobey Baker Award winner at Harvard, has met with the Sabres, Bruins, Blackhawks, Maple Leafs, Rangers, Islanders and Devils.

Vesey feels the Red Wings aren’t close enough to his Boston-area home, and Fish said he potentially has a phone call coming with another team, though he declined to say which one.

Fish would not say whether the Penguins have separated themselves into a smaller, more appealing group.

“We’re still sifting through everything that was presented,†Fish said. “There’s really no team that I could say is clearly ahead of behind or anything like that.â€

A report from CBC sports contributor Tim Wharnsby said DiPauli, a former Notre Dame player, planned to sign with the Penguins soon, but Fish said nothing official has been agreed upon.

“I’ve had some discussions we feel very good about with the Penguins, but nothing has physically been signed or agreed to yet,†Fish said. “It’s a little premature, but it’s certainly an option that Thomas is seriously considering.â€
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...mmy-Vesey-Thomas-DiPauli/stories/201608180181

The bolded is interesting.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
The Vesey threads (THREADS! LOL) show how small potatoes the NHL is. My word.

Just goes to show how starved we are for action. August is the worst month for hockey fans. As soon as training camp starts, no one will care about Jimmy Vesey..except for the team that signs him.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I sort of hope this drags out until like a couple days before camps open.

Partly for my enjoyment, but also some teams will take themselves out of the running by filling up their contract spots, hitting the cap ceiling, or filling their bonus cushion.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
Didn't want to go through the hassle of quoting from the old thread. People talking about Kane going to meet Vesey. The original poster was talking about Patrick Kane right? I didn't see anything about Evander, but why on earth would Buffalo do that if it were true.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
(Sorry if this was mentioned already...)

but i find it interesting that Vesey's agent, Peter Fish, is Mike Bossy's first cousin.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
didn't want to go through the hassle of quoting from the old thread. People talking about kane going to meet vesey. The original poster was talking about patrick kane right? I didn't see anything about evander, but why on earth would buffalo do that if it were true.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
hizzoner said:
If travel bothers him then NY is the answer. 2 other teams within car/bus train ride. Limited flying if that is an issue. Still close to family. Big Apple amenities

More than that. Obviously Brooklyn Islanders are right over the bridge and Newark Devils are a 30 minute Path Train ride away from MSG (and closer than that from Wall Street). But Philly is less than 2 hours away (95 miles), and even Boston and Washington are under 4 hours drive/train (an hour less than that from the Rangers training facility in Westchester since you don't need to deal with NYC traffic). Multiple times, I've driven to both DC or Boston and back in one day. It's not that bad.

Plus, because NYC is the biggest airport hub in the nation (maybe the world), you can get an easy flight almost anywhere in the world several times a day. I'm not sure that Winnipeg to Buffalo or Pittsburgh to San Jose is a popular flight in any airport.

tdfxman said:
Yeah I posted on that so many times. It kills me Chicago would go to the trouble with the crap out there about Detroit being too far. his reps are morons if they gave that quote.

What were they supposed to say? "I'm not going to the Red Wings because of all the cities with an NHL team, Detroit is by far the biggest dump. I didn't train all these years to make the NHL, earn millions only to be surrounded by homes with homeless squatters because nobody wanted to buy even for a single dollar."

Last edited:

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I know points don't tell the whole story so I was wondering if anyone could give some insight into why his totals dipped this past season?

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I am guessing that Vesey skipped his Harvard geography classes.

How is Detroit too far from his Boston home, but he has met with Chicago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad