Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I'm one of them. I watch MSG when the Bruins aren't on so I get to see the Devils- Simmonds is no longer the force he was with the Flyers.
Yeah I don't really want Simmonds either, but if it meant we get him for Backes and a small add or two like Cehlarik and Zboril I would make that deal, then we would be done with Simmonds after this year.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I just did a few posts up. That's how a conversation works. And you are allowed to have your own opinion. Nobody is stopping you. :rolleyes:

You only did that after I dismantled your talking points,
including saying you would have to wait until Wood
was 36/37 to get Chimera production from him..lol.
You just can't admit you were wrong. Again, you
used the wrong comparison for Wood, just own it.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
You only did that after I dismantled your talking points,
including saying you would have to wait until Wood
was 36/37 to get Chimera production from him..lol.
You just can't admit you were wrong. Again, you
used the wrong comparison for Wood, just own it.

You used end of career stats to compare to Wood who is 24. That was a questionable decision on your part to begin with. I had to correct you on that. I expanded on my point since my OP. Nothing has changed. I am wrong every once in a great while. Unfortunately for you this is not one of those times.

You have a different opinion. It's ok for that to happen. Wanting a "win" this bad on a message board should be beneath you.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Backes has another year at $6M, Simmonds expires this year. Come back with another one that includes a heckuva lot more value going with Backes.

I mean hes only owed $4 million next year. If NJD is going to "rebuild", then it wouldn't hurt to have a vet leader like Backes to help mentor the young players. I think a small add like a JFK would be enough.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
How does Ryan Getzlaf’s contract play out? His cap hit is 8.25m, but I read he’s only actually owed 6m next season (his last). 3m bonus, 3m base salary. Does this mean his cap hit for next season is 6m?

He’s having a decent season on a bad Anaheim team. Ducks seem in rebuild mode. Can’t see them resigning Getzlaf after next season.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Any smoke behind Heinen being scratched?

or we just going with he's not been that good...

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I mean hes only owed $4 million next year. If NJD is going to "rebuild", then it wouldn't hurt to have a vet leader like Backes to help mentor the young players. I think a small add like a JFK would be enough.
Outside of knowing he is still in our system, I always wonder why his name is thrown into proposals like he adds anything to any trade. I know you wrote "like" him, but any number of our actually contracted players would be a better candidate to be any incentive.

You'd have to think JFK would add little to nothing to any trade at this point. Not saying you'd have to add a lot, but I think a mid-range draft pick holds more value than JFK at this point. (unless someone can convince me otherwise).

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
They both are very similar in style and he seems to be on a similar trajectory. However Chimera was never a player that was hotly sought after. He is the type of guy you should be able to draft and develop on your own. There were around 100ish players last year that scored between 15-22 goals.

This board just seems to get stuck on 2-3 names and they just keep getting repeated. Nobody was clamoring for Chimera years ago when we needed middle 6 help.
That's fair. Getting stuck on certain players almost guarantees disappointment and can come across as lazy and uncreative.

I think this has more to do with the discontent around Heinen as he's currently emblematic of perceived team-wide passivity. Wood happens to be known for being the opposite of that, so he's highlighted.

I don't covet Wood like many, but I do like him. And as much as I've been in Heinen's corner since he joined the team, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't being swayed of late.

Bruins need a little less nail in their game and a little more hammer. And a Heinen for Wood swap would be a pretty massive upgrade to that mentality. I'd support it.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Marsh - Bergy - Pasta
Kreider - Krejci - JDB/Bjork
JDB/Bjork - Coyle - Fill in the blank.
You seem fairly confident that DeBrusk can effectively man the RW. I was too a while ago, but now I’m not so sure.

I feel if Heinen goes as part of a deal for Kreider (I’ll assume that’s part of your proposal) that it really does force DeBrusk into that spot.

Bjork can take the 3rd line LW spot with Coyle and (IMO) Kuhlman, because I don’t believe he’s top six yet and it kind of leaves us in a similar position to where we’ve been for years (“fill the HOLE”).

Can you convince me that DeBrusk can succeed like we need him to on Krejci’s right?

Reactions: Lo97

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You seem fairly confident that DeBrusk can effectively man the RW. I was too a while ago, but now I’m not so sure.

I feel if Heinen goes as part of a deal for Kreider (I’ll assume that’s part of your proposal) that it really does force DeBrusk into that spot.

Bjork can take the 3rd line LW spot with Coyle and (IMO) Kuhlman, because I don’t believe he’s top six yet and it kind of leaves us in a similar position to where we’ve been for years (“fill the HOLE”).

Can you convince me that DeBrusk can succeed like we need him to on Krejci’s right?

I would argue that outside of below the face-offs dots in the offensive zone and occasionally on the rush, DeBrusk's game isn't great. And below the dots in the offensive zone everyone is all over the place anyway, so what does the specific wing matter? Like with Bjork on the RW, you lose the power speed move on the rush, but can you recall the DeBrusk actually scoring a goal like that anytime recently?

All that being said, I'm not convinced either and would like to see it more. Maybe try out a Bjork/Krejci/DeBrusk line for a little bit.

edit: not meaning to trash DeBrusk, I really really like his game down deep and around the net. But like, Heinen is probably a better player the other 175 feet of the ice.

BruinsNetwork

umm, trade deadline

Am I missing something, is there a flurry of deals happening all over the NHL while DS sitting on his hands?

Nope! The Boston Bruins and GM Don Sweeney are the only ones in the NHL with something to address on their roster and prospects to move!

Reactions: Lo97 and CDJ

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Tomas Hertl, 26, 6' 2, RW/LW, 5.6M cap hit till 2022
Blake Coleman, 28, 5' 11, RW/LW/C, 1.8M cap hit till 2021

Hertl for the 2nd rd pick* + Heinen + Senyshyn + Zboril
Coleman for Grzelcyk
* conditional first if SCF

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Coleman - Krejci - Hertl
DeBrusk - Coyle - Bjork
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner