Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
My favorite team was that 1976-77 Bruins team

Cashman-Ratelle -Middleton

line 1 had 2 legit HOF and Cashman who was one of the most interesting characters/players in NHL history

he was a 1000 game player for Boston on one of the most iconic lines in history

he was tough borderline dirty and could be viscious

he was very good and a leader, Captain, and the last individual to retire that played in the 6 team league

line 2

Jonathan-McNab- OReilly

my alltime favorite line for a few years before all the fights took their toll on Taz & Jonathan

incredibly OReilly finished in top 8 in scoring with 90 points (61 assists) and 211 PIM

Jonathan was a killer and scored 27 goals in 68 games - he was legit in his fighting best

McNab played great in big games and scored 41 goals this year

the line scored 96 end imo was the 2nd greatest combination of skill and fighting ever to play a season - Howe, Delvecchio & Lindsay would be 1

line 3

Marcotte-Sheppard- Schmautz

what a ridiculously strong third line - as good as the Canadiens line defensively and they could score. Marcotte was right there with Gainey, Shep all over the ice and Schmautz D was underrated. Cherry once said as smart a line in the league

Miller bagged 20 centering the 4th line and certifiable goon John Wensink right out of slap shot was scoring pretty well and regularly dropping the gloves

The 1976-77 Canadiens could have been the best team ever losing only 8 games and 1 at home

the Bruins went 4 and 4

Montreal was something absurd like 58-4 when not playing Boston

had Boston had the Montreal D or Orr stayed in one piece 70 wins was possible

Can't remember for certain but didn't Boston win 3 out of 5 from Montreal? I do remember Boston beating
Montreal in Montreal in October.

Miller didn't play on the 1976-77 B's, but made the team in 1977-78.
Do remember Miller playing on a loaded 1976-77 UNH team though.
Miller had been named to the 1975-76 US Olympic Team
as a still 18 year old.

Reactions: Trizz617

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Chimera had back to back 20 goal seasons as recently
as the 2015-16 and 2016-2017 seasons for Washington
and NYI at ages 36/37 years old. Scored 20 another
year and 17 one time. Was big, fast and played
heavy. If that is what Wood is trade Heinen today.

If you want to wait for Wood to hit Chimeras goal scoring totals at the end of his career while Wood is in the beginning, I don't know what to tell you

Reactions: Lo97

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Backes has another year at $6M, Simmonds expires this year. Come back with another one that includes a heckuva lot more value going with Backes.
I m sure it would take more than that, but some posters were saying they would not take Simmonds at all, I would if it means Backes going back, not willing to give up a ton, but if we could do it for a decent prospect or two I would consider it.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Did he ever know where his slapshot was going to go besides in the stands? LOL
Bobby S is why they should have put up netting around the rinks decades ago!:laugh:

Holy smokes! Sometimes it seemed like he wanted the Gallery Gods involved in the action.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If you want to wait for Wood to hit Chimeras goal scoring totals at the end of his career while Wood is in the beginning, I don't know what to tell you

Lol, in 4 out of his first 5 full seasons he scored 14,17,15 and 14 goals to go along with three 20 goal seasons.
Come on Gonzo just give it up.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I m sure it would take more than that, but some posters were saying they would not take Simmonds at all, I would if it means Backes going back, not willing to give up a ton, but if we could do it for a decent prospect or two I would consider it.

I'm one of them. I watch MSG when the Bruins aren't on so I get to see the Devils- Simmonds is no longer the force he was with the Flyers.

Reactions: Blowfish

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Lol, in 4 out of his first 5 full seasons he scored 14,17,15 and 14 goals to go along with three 20 goal seasons.
Come on Gonzo just give it up.

You're comparing stats, I was referring to play styles. Woods stats 3 out of 4 seasons aren't even on the same level.

And you would trade Heinen for him? Heinens lowest pt total season is better than Woods best.

Terrible asset management.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You're comparing stats, I was referring to play styles. Woods stats 3 out of 4 seasons aren't even on the same level.

And you would trade Heinen for him? Heinens lowest pt total season is better than Woods best.

Terrible asset management.

I'm not the one who said Wood is this generations
Chimera, YOU DID...lol.

Cut your losses, you had no business bringing up Chimera, just admit it.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Out of the box thought; probably crazy, but what the heck...

Krug to Winnipeg for Adam Lowry & 2nd round pick
Winnipeg's 2nd round pick to Ottawa for Mark Borowiecki.

Winnipeg could use a defenseman like Krug. Lowry wins 53% of his faceoffs, so he's a good 3rd line center option, which allows us to move Charlie up with Debrusk & Krejci, and solidifies that 2nd line. We'd miss Krug, but Grzelcyk seems to really step up his game when Torey is out of the lineup, from what I can see.

Borowiecki provides a heavy presence on the defense that we need, and while his points this year are inflated, he hits & blocks a ton of shots (an underrated quality come playoff time).
While I like Lowry’s game, Krug is a huge overpayment.

Reactions: Lo97 and TCB

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I think the argument being made here is that if Wood is just basically Chimera, trading Heinen for him would be a great deal for the Bruins. The numbers mentioned would back that up.

They both are very similar in style and he seems to be on a similar trajectory. However Chimera was never a player that was hotly sought after. He is the type of guy you should be able to draft and develop on your own. There were around 100ish players last year that scored between 15-22 goals.

This board just seems to get stuck on 2-3 names and they just keep getting repeated. Nobody was clamoring for Chimera years ago when we needed middle 6 help.

Reactions: Lo97

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think the argument being made here is that if Wood is just basically Chimera, trading Heinen for him would be a great deal for the Bruins. The numbers mentioned would back that up.
A chimera type would be awesome, a very under-rated player who could skate hit and was tough. On top of that he stepped up his play in the playoffs and was a great penalty killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad