Proposal: All Bruins Trade Rumours /Proposals IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
How do we feel about Evan Rodrigues? Wants out of Buffalo, and his advanced stats are pretty appealing IMO.

I like the player and the last two games against Buffalo he stood out a bit. I don't think he is the solution for what the Bruins need, though. He's basically bottom 6 wing and would be on a team that already has too many bottom 6 guys.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
They lost the cup because of the five on five play from everybody mainly the first line.. I agree.

I thought the games where officiated differently from 4-7. Although game seven I didn’t have a problem with it but Gm4 and Gm5 .. especially Gm5 that missed trip cost them a chance at OT. It might have cost them the cup. I’ve given STL credit. But they got a lot of breaks some deserved some not.

They lost the Cup because in Game 7 of the finals Binnington outplayed Rask.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If that was the only game that mattered you’d be right.

if they find a way to score 2 more goals in games 2 or 5 when Rask played well enough to win, they’d have won as well.

Those are just ifs. And that wasn't a knock on Rask as much as an appreciation of Billington's game.

Game 7 is an absolute.

My point was that the Bruins didn't lose the Cup because of 5 on 5 play, as was suggested. They got to the winner-take-all-game regardless of 5 on 5 play.

Reactions: LouJersey

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Those are just ifs. And that wasn't a knock on Rask as much as an appreciation of Billington's game.

Game 7 is an absolute.

My point was that the Bruins didn't lose the Cup because of 5 on 5 play, as was suggested. They got to the winner-take-all-game regardless of 5 on 5 play.

Fair enough.

DFBRUINS

Nov 23, 2019
Anybody watch the Winter Classic today? We would have lost at least 2 players to injury in the first.....Need both grit and skill this deadline....

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
How do we feel about Evan Rodrigues? Wants out of Buffalo, and his advanced stats are pretty appealing IMO.
His advanced stats may be appealing but his past stats, eh, not so much. Last year was his best and he only scored 9-20-29. Year before he was 7-18-25. There are better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad