Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
....he was a healthy scratch in the playoffs after being a “key” deadline add, good teams clearly don’t think he can still play. I wouldn’t scratch a single guy for him come playoff time

I really don't care that it didn't work out in Nashville. Simmonds himself has said he didn't like the concept of changing teams late in the season. I'm not even clamoring to acquire the guy, just saying he's a step above what David Backes was here in 2020.

Reactions: sarge88

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I really don't care that it didn't work out in Nashville. Simmonds himself has said he didn't like the concept of changing teams late in the season. I'm not even clamoring to acquire the guy, just saying he's a step above what David Backes was here in 2020.
:laugh:
How many minutes did Cassidy play Backes in 2020? Talk about damning with giant praise...

Reactions: Lo97

Bruin4ever

Feb 17, 2020
IMO you put Simmonds on our team and environment you will see a second wind from him. He’s never really played for a real contender and we need his toughness badly. Can’t have Chara fighting every other night.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I mean if you want to count on prime Simmonds to show up that would be relevant but we are long past that

what has he done in recent years, aka the time frame more reflective of the player he is today?

The answer is Jack shit, with a whopping 0 goals in 14 games. He’s not an upgrade, Heinen can at least keep up when he’s doing nothing. And he actually scored twice.

Maybe. Either way neither guy is going to be the difference between a cup and not, I’m just not looking forward to them getting knocked around without any push back.

I’ve disliked Heinen from almost day 1.....so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but along with being passive, which is par for the course, he’s also been lousy this year.

I believe in the warrior types in the playoffs.

Simmonds may be near the end as a player but there’s no doubt in my mind he’s going to go down swinging and giving it his all.

He’s not going to do what Iggy or Recchi did here but I’ll take him in a similar role.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

yeah well my cats shit was a step above that so not exactly saying a whole lot

he sucks at hockey, that’s all I’m saying

Reactions: Lo97

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
So you are saying he said he had a hard time fitting in because he came in late in the season. What would be different in this instance?

Reactions: Lo97 and Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The Devils rumours, and others have gone long enough, as said it’s more like getting it done.
Well now it’s time.

There’s multiple wingers out there, go fix the 5 year issue.

For sure it doesn’t quarantee it’s s panic move, but do you feel the most confident entering the last hour with the same 2nd line hole?
At that point I’d expect more like Simmonds/Dzingel than any of Kreider, Palmieri, Saad
Although I agree with you and would love a (the right) deal today
I've been involved in deals that culminated or came down to the last few minutes because that's everybody's "drop dead" moment. That's when the best deal that I can make coincides with the best deal the other guy would ever make. When the BP and heart rate and sweat production all coincide and the two sides are essentially naked and at their most vulnerable to get it done. It's the sweet spot, the eleventh hour!

Reactions: Mission ImPastable
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad