Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Hopefully Kase can stay healthy and he's not the only move because after our top 5 forwards this is an AHL level forward group with ZERO hope of scoring 5 on 5.

The fourth line has no chance of changing the tenure of the game or have no interest to drop the gloves for that matter when Pasta or Brad take their nightly beating from every team in the league.

Bruins are currently built perfectly for the president trophy, I'm not so sure they get out of a first round without Rask standing on his head.

We need talent badly, I truly hope Im pissing about nothing. DeBrusk Bjork Heinen Kuhlman the whole fourth line should be up for grabs.

The next wave of Providence guys can replace any of these guys.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If Carolina offers you say...a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Halak, given their current goalie situation, do you do it?

Normally I’d say yes because typically, it would be Rask or failure.

But I have enough confidence that Halak could win in the playoffs and with the WTWC, I don’t want to risk it.

*WTWC - with the window closing
(I will be using that acronym heretofore)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Could Simmons be worse on line 3 that Heinen?

DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase
Bjork - Coyle - Simmonds

Coyle and Simmonds would be a load for 3rd pair defenses to handle.

yes

Was Backes a better fit on line 3? Because you’re getting pretty much the same thing minus concussion issues. He’s got stone hands. He’s not good anymore. Hasn’t been good in awhile. He was a healthy scratch in the playoffs last year. He also hasn’t scored in his last 14 playoff games yet people want to bash Heinen for not showing up in the playoffs

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think they could have gotten Mantha but it would have cost a ton, start with Studnicka and Vask and add.

What is suppose to be available I wouldn't want either.

I’d do that if the add was a 3 or something similar.

Reactions: Lo97

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase
Bjork - Coyle - Simmonds

yes

Was Backes a better fit on line 3? Because you’re getting pretty much the same thing minus concussion issues. He’s got stone hands. He’s not good anymore. Hasn’t been good in awhile. He was a healthy scratch in the playoffs last year

I'm not sure the current version of Simmonds would be a load for D-men to handle, but he's definitely better than the 2020 version of David Backes. He's got 24 points in 61 games for an awful Devils team. He can still play, he isn't the player he was 3-4 years ago.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm not sure the current version of Simmonds would be a load for D-men to handle, but he's definitely better than the 2020 version of David Backes. He's got 24 points in 61 games for an awful Devils team. He can still play, he isn't the player he was 3-4 years ago.

....he was a healthy scratch in the playoffs after being a “key” deadline add, good teams clearly don’t think he can still play. I wouldn’t scratch a single guy for him come playoff time

Reactions: bbfan419 and Lo97

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase
Bjork - Coyle - Simmonds

Here’s my issue.

He’s not good anymore but his stats and Heinen’s are very similar.

Granted Heinen is better defensively, but Simmonds is 100x tougher a better leader and is better in the playoffs.

If you asked me who makes sense for an 82 game regular season, where some games are just perfunctory, I’d say Heinen.

But on this team, with such a soft group up front, for the final stretch and playoffs, with the way Heinen has played, I’d take Simmonds 1000/1000.

That being said, Simmonds would be about 12th on my list of legit possibilities right now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Here’s my issue.

He’s not good anymore but his stats and Heinen’s are very similar.

Granted Heinen is better defensively, but Simmonds is 100x tougher a better leader and is better in the playoffs.

If you asked me who makes sense for an 82 game regular season, where some games are just perfunctory, I’d say Heinen.

But on this team, with such a soft group up front, for the final stretch and playoffs, with the way Heinen has played, I’d take Simmonds 1000/1000.

That being said, Simmonds would be about 12th on my list of legit possibilities right now.

based on what? He’s got 0 goals his last 3 trips to the playoffs and was a healthy scratch last year. Heinen at least got a couple last year. And they dressed him. And the team was better than Nashville.

he’s obviously tougher but he doesn’t bring a whole lot to the table for a good team.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase
Bjork - Coyle - Simmonds

I just don't think he skates well enough. It's like a Backes situation... willing, but can't get there. While i want more size/physicality that player needs to be able to keep up.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Hopefully we have a plan B if we can't get Palmeiri. Does anybody here think that our acquisition of Kase definitively solves our top 6 winger problem, especially considering his injury concerns. Sweeney must have 2-3 lesser options that he can turn to.

Reactions: bbfan419

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
based on what? He’s got 0 goals his last 3 trips to the playoffs and was a healthy scratch last year. Heinen at least got a couple last year. And they dressed him. And the team was better than Nashville.

he’s obviously tougher but he doesn’t bring a whole lot to the table for a good team.

A goal every 6 playoff games and a point every 2 as opposed to a goal every 11 and a point every 3.5

Reactions: Strafer

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

DeBrusk - Krejci - Kase
Bjork - Coyle - Simmonds

Brutal.
Imagine trading Backes+ 1st for that, and on top of it Simmonds is a bad bad fit for fast team

Reactions: bbfan419 and Lo97

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
A goal every 6 playoff games and a point every 2 as opposed to a goal every 11 and a point every 3.5

I mean if you want to count on prime Simmonds to show up that would be relevant but we are long past that

what has he done in recent years, aka the time frame more reflective of the player he is today?

The answer is Jack shit, with a whopping 0 goals in 14 games. He’s not an upgrade, Heinen can at least keep up when he’s doing nothing. And he actually scored twice.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
No way the BIG move is Kase. 7 goals in 49 games 5 pct sht pct, and being extremely injury prone, is not a BIG move to bolster second line scoring. I eagerly await the big move.

One would hope anyways, that Sweeney wouldn't deal his first this year to clear up cap space and not make a move on it, considering this years draft is suppose to be rich in talent.

One thing to watch for is, I believe the bruins will need to send Kuhlman and Lauzon down to Providence so they would be eligible for the AHL playoffs. It would be more than likely, just a paper transaction unless, a bigger trade is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad