Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I would like to see the Bruins make 3 deals prior to deadline, yes that's a lot but hear me out:

1. Kyle Palmierei for (insert names + picks here)
2. Josh Anderson for (insert names +picks here)
3. Brendan Dillion + Joe Thornton for (insert names + picks here)

I would assume Moore, Heinen, Nordstrom (maybe Backes) are all shipped out, maybe not Backes

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Palmierei
Bjork-Coyle-Anderson
Wagner-Thornton-Kuraly
Lindholm

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Gryzz-Dillion
Lauzon-Clifton

1. Address the need for a top 6 RW
2. Improve toughness with the addition of Anderson + Dillion
3. Add some defensive depth on an expiring contract
4. Add Jumbo who could slide up to any line incase one of the Centers get hurt or play the wing on any of the top lines
5. Vastly improve our 2nd PP unit.

I know I have read on here a million times that Joe Thornton will never come back/welcome back to Boston but at such a cheap addition and expiring contract, I would never say never.

Reactions: bbfan419 and bme44

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I agree he could be a total steal. It's a gamble for sure, and he shouldn't be the Bruins primary target, but if they got him to play on the 3rd line behind a guy like Palmieri then it could really pay off.

Lol, you were the guy just extolling the virtues of
Cullen, Wilson and Sheary. Incidentally those
guys were not Pitts impact players whatsoever.
Pitt won back-to-back cups because of a corp
Murray, Letang, Dumoulin, Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Guentzel, and Bonino.

The only guy of consequence in those Cup runs
that you mentioned was Rust who is a much better
player than Heinen right now and better than
Bjork then and now.

Also a big fat no on Anderson with that shoulder.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I would say Studnicka is a lot more promising than Bjork.
Okay, but that makes 1 prospect then right? So the 2nd best prospect in the system at forward, you're willing to give up along with a 1st rounder for a few months of a 50 point guy?

I don't think that works value wise. I'd offer that up if he had term, but for a rental I'd expect a first line stud back. And Chris Kreider is not that guy.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Yes and for that reason alone I would not do it, why make Bergevin look like a genius.

Do we care more about perception for ego sake, or actually winning a Cup?

GM's shouldn't make decisions based on perception. Every deal should be evaluated on merit at that given moment, with zero consideration for how it makes some old trade look. This is like when folks refused to trade Marco Sturm because of what it would have meant for the Thornton trade. That's silly.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I would like to see the Bruins make 3 deals prior to deadline, yes that's a lot but hear me out:

1. Kyle Palmierei for (insert names + picks here)
2. Josh Anderson for (insert names +picks here)
3. Brendan Dillion + Joe Thornton for (insert names + picks here)

I would assume Moore, Heinen, Nordstrom (maybe Backes) are all shipped out, maybe not Backes

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Palmierei
Bjork-Coyle-Anderson
Wagner-Thornton-Kuraly
Lindholm

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Gryzz-Dillion
Lauzon-Clifton

1. Address the need for a top 6 RW
2. Improve toughness with the addition of Anderson + Dillion
3. Add some defensive depth on an expiring contract
4. Add Jumbo who could slide up to any line incase one of the Centers get hurt or play the wing on any of the top lines
5. Vastly improve our 2nd PP unit.

I know I have read on here a million times that Joe Thornton will never come back/welcome back to Boston but at such a cheap addition and expiring contract, I would never say never.
You're acquiring all of those players, but have 3 roster players, all of whom are bottom of the roster pieces going out?

What are you sending to NJ and CBJ to get Palmieri and Anderson respectively, because picks and Heinen ain't it.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
This is a disingenuous post on your part.

You ignored Stralman's impact which was important
as that was TB 1st pair D basically gone. Take away
any SC contenders 1st D pairing and they are
categorically "not loaded" and "not a contender".

I'll make a comparison using the 2017-18 Bruins
D corp. Carlo never played and McAvoy though
rounding into better health still was not 100%
from his March 2018 knee injury. After game one
which was a mix of TB layoff and Boston being
in synch from their Leaf series, TB was the significantly
better team. They swept Boston. I would say a healthy
Carlo and McAvoy would have made them more
competitive the last 4 games.

So yeah those are series altering events for TB.
I don't believe I'm being disingenuous at all. I'm simply pointing out that relatively small amounts of bad luck can make a league terror as feeble as roster of kittens.

You forgot about Krug getting injured in the OT game vs the Lightning that series. Even if they'd managed to get past Tampa Bay, the Bruins were done. And the same cascade of luck hit them against the Senators, with Krug and Carlo being sidelined.

This is not rare. Part of what makes the NHL playoffs fun is the absolute random nonsense that occurs every single season.

The point I'm trying to make here is that luck is a far larger obstacle to success than TB's acquisitions on the 24th. And a team would be far better served trying to account for potential bad luck by swelling the team's depth than trying to counter anyone else's "big move". Of course, now I probably sound like Harry Sinden.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Yes and for that reason alone I would not do it, why make Bergevin look like a genius.
Because it could help you win? I don't think Kovalchuk would help a great deal, he is getting a tom of time in Montreal which he would not get here, but you deal with anybody if you can make your team better regardless of how it makes a rival look. The Ottawa "I won't deal in division" non sense only hurts you when trying to improve your team.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don't believe I'm being disingenuous at all. I'm simply pointing out that relatively small amounts of bad luck can make a league terror as feeble as roster of kittens.

You forgot about Krug getting injured in the OT game vs the Lightning that series. Even if they'd managed to get past Tampa Bay, the Bruins were done. And the same cascade of luck hit them against the Senators, with Krug and Carlo being sidelined.

This is not rare. Part of what makes the NHL playoffs fun is the absolute random nonsense that occurs every single season.

The point I'm trying to make here is that luck is a far larger obstacle to success than TB's acquisitions on the 24th. And a team would be far better served trying to account for potential bad luck by swelling the team's depth than trying to counter anyone else's "big move". Of course, now I probably sound like Harry Sinden.

For all the random nonsense the healthiest teams
have won the Cup 2015-2019. So again your line
about TB being loaded and having one injury derail
TB was my point. You're not loaded or a contender
with key injuries, not one team would survive
that.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Lol, you were the guy just extolling the virtues of
Cullen, Wilson and Sheary. Incidentally those
guys were not Pitts impact players whatsoever.
Pitt won back-to-back cups because of a corp
Murray, Letang, Dumoulin, Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Guentzel, and Bonino.

The only guy of consequence in those Cup runs
that you mentioned was Rust who is a much better
player than Heinen right now and better than
Bjork then and now.

Also a big fat no on Anderson with that shoulder.
The Penguins lineup the day they won the Cup in 2016:

Sheary had 10 points in 44 games that season. Rust had 11 points in 41 games. Both guys had just turned 24.

The Penguins lineup the day they won the Cup in 2017:

Scott Wilson had 26 points in 78 games and started on their 2nd line. Rust had 28 in 57. Kunitz 29 in 71.

These guys weren't world-beaters, and several of them were young and unproven, but they were in the Penguins top 9 throughout the playoffs, including in the Cup-winning games and were effective.

Guys like Bjork, Heinen & Kuhlman could very well do that for us. It's easy to say those guys are better than our guys when you have 3 or 4 years of hindsight but I'm talking about at the time. On paper those teams were very top-heavy and got contributions from a lot of guys who weren't "brand names".

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I like the idea of Dillon to a degree. The guy hits like a truck, could be a good add for a long playoff run.

my only concern with dillon is he's basically all left side. hasn't really played much on the right.
sharks will eat half his cap hit in any trade so that won't be much of a problem.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Our GM blew that one no question. Quite literally zero reason not to have signed him.
If all it costs now is a draft pick, say a 2nd at the highest, don’t you kind of have to consider it?

Boston is exactly one Pastrnak injury away from having zero true shooters on their roster. I know he’s not what he was, but Kovalchuk can still pound the puck on the pp.

And hit the net. Shout out to the Krug crowd before they get uppity about his bomb from the point

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I`m actually surprised some here are AOK with a Kovalchuk addition which would cost the B`s assets when they could have had him for free
I don’t think they’ll do it - paying nothing for him earlier in the year shows where they value him. Don’t think a couple weeks of production in MTL will change their minds all that much. IMO it’d be Jagr 2.0 and 1.0 was bad enough - learn the lesson.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
The Penguins lineup the day they won the Cup in 2016:

Sheary had 10 points in 44 games that season. Rust had 11 points in 41 games. Both guys had just turned 24.

The Penguins lineup the day they won the Cup in 2017:

Scott Wilson had 26 points in 78 games and started on their 2nd line. Rust had 28 in 57. Kunitz 29 in 71.

These guys weren't world-beaters, and several of them were young and unproven, but they were in the Penguins top 9 throughout the playoffs, including in the Cup-winning games and were effective.

Guys like Bjork, Heinen & Kuhlman could very well do that for us. It's easy to say those guys are better than our guys when you have 3 or 4 years of hindsight but I'm talking about at the time. On paper those teams were very top-heavy and got contributions from a lot of guys who weren't "brand names".

This is like saying other teams in the NFL shouldn't get talented offensive players because the Patriots won with Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola.
Not every team has Tom Brady
Not every team has Crosby and Malkin. The B's don't, they need more help other than hopeful contributions from young guys.

I would agree that we should get a 30 goal scorer for our third line like that 2016 pens team. :naughty:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
You're acquiring all of those players, but have 3 roster players, all of whom are bottom of the roster pieces going out?

What are you sending to NJ and CBJ to get Palmieri and Anderson respectively, because picks and Heinen ain't it.

To be truthful, I don't really see the point in putting players, picks and prospects in proposals (sorry for the alliteration) anymore because I'm far from a GM and I would say 80-90% of the trades that go down, the return is usually underwhelming. I only included Heinen, Moore, Nordstrom and maybe Backes.......for salary reasons. In no way was I referring to them as being the center pieces.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Most times it is best to ignore what local fans have to say about struggling players. He is a young man who is obviously struggling with the family issues related to his father’s serious, life threatening illness. It is sad really, especially for a young player and they all deal with things differently. He is a solid, highly skilled young player who I have no doubt will come through this tragedy a better player and person in the long run, in the short term I believe the Canucks see this and will give him the time he needs to accept what life is giving him and both the Canucks and him will be rewarded in the end. Sometimes in life there are more important things than work.

I completely forgot about that. Yeah, management would be wise to give him some slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad