Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You're missing a year's worth of history there.

What happened last season?

Hedman concussed and Stralman injured. Try telling me how Boston looks last year with no Grezlyck
and a diminshed Carlo? That's also being generous in
the comparison because Hedman is much more
impactful than Carlo.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think it's funny when people are like, "YOURE NOT GETTING PASSED X, Y, Z without doing A, B, C.!!!"

You're really going out on a ledge here saying stuff like this about the most unpredictable postseason in sports. The odds are obviously in your favor to be right, eventually. Just like people who say "Cup or bust". I can't see how anyone has that kind of opinion when they know how hard it is to win the Cup.

No trade (or not making a trade) guarantees anything. You could acquire a 4th liner and win the Cup. You could acquire a Top 2 D and a Top 6 LW and get bounced.

Bruins have a good team with question marks, like every other team. They need to add a Top 6 RW. It will help their chances of potentially winning. But that's all it does.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The NHL playoffs in a nutshell.
Right, not that there's anything wrong with winning a Cup that way but you obviously can't depend on it.
The only thing that they can do is prepare as well as possible and work hard. If the stars align and things fall their way they may be lucky and healthy enough to get to the finals again..
*(Fantasy Alert)*
Even if they were to get Kreider, Palmieri, Boeser, Wood, Coleman and Gretzky in his prime there is NO guarantee, none.
*(Fantasy Alert Over)*.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
If you look on the Vancouver boards he is their whipping boy there. Apparently he has really regressed badly from his rookie season and is just not the same player anymore. Wont shoot the same, no confidence, etc. If it is not injury related he might benefit from a change of scenery. But the ask for him will be too high for most GMs. Similar to the Poolparty situation where the team wants too much for a project.
Most times it is best to ignore what local fans have to say about struggling players. He is a young man who is obviously struggling with the family issues related to his father’s serious, life threatening illness. It is sad really, especially for a young player and they all deal with things differently. He is a solid, highly skilled young player who I have no doubt will come through this tragedy a better player and person in the long run, in the short term I believe the Canucks see this and will give him the time he needs to accept what life is giving him and both the Canucks and him will be rewarded in the end. Sometimes in life there are more important things than work.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Hedman concussed and Stralman injured. Try telling me how Boston looks last year with no Grezlyck
and a diminshed Carlo? That's also being generous in
the comparison because Hedman is much more
impactful than Carlo.
So did they overcome adversity against a vastly inferior opponent due in large part to their loaded roster?

Or should we not really worry about what TB does, because one hit against Victor Hedman is enough to derail the league's most talented, most loaded team?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
One perfect match

Kyle Palmeiri

he recently turned 29 and signed till 2020-21

plays like a Bruins

Palmeiri 2020 !!!!
Yup. The thing I like most about the Kovi/Palmieri proposal from last thread, is that it's not only the solution for this year, it's also next year's. After 2021, I think we see a drastically different roster.

But we'd be all-but set for two playoff runs, while also opening up the possibility of re-signing Krug.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
My dark horse prediction is Josh Anderson. His name keeps coming up and we keep dismissing him, but there are a lot of things about this situation that are starting to make sense.

The biggest objection to him is that he only has 1 goal. But he injured his shoulder in pre-season. He injured it bad enough that it eventually needed surgery. This is a 25 year old who went from a 25 goal pace to 27 goals to just 1 goal over the course of 3 seasons, I think it's safe to assume the shoulder is the source of his struggles this year.

If not for the shoulder injury, he'd still probably be considered untouchable. He won't be cheap but the experts think he will cost less than Kreider. If he returns to health, he could be the steal of the deadline. This guy was a 27 goal, 47 point, 200 hit beast with high-end speed. He does almost all of his scoring at ES. He can kill penalties too.

The other reason people say he's available is because he's an RFA and their last contract negotiation was contentious, but how much can he really ask for? Kassian just signed for $3.2m/4yrs. Boone Jenner makes $3.75/3yrs. Tom Wilson is the pre-eminent power forward in the league, and he makes $5.1/5yrs. Anderson probably slots in around $4.5 on a 4yr deal. That's his 26, 27, 28 and 29 year old seasons.

I suppose the big question is, can the Bruins afford to take the chance on whether or not he returns to health? A month ago I would have said no, they need a sure thing, but with how well Kuhlman has played, I'm not so sure. Maybe Kuhlman's play gives them the luxury of swinging for the fences.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I suppose the big question is, can the Bruins afford to take the chance on whether or not he returns to health? A month ago I would have said no, they need a sure thing, but with how well Kuhlman has played, I'm not so sure. Maybe Kuhlman's play gives them the luxury of swinging for the fences.

It's a big question, and one that I just always go back to "no" on. They need a sure-thing for their Top 6, not a big question mark. I mean, when will he even be ready to return? Now, if they can get a Palmieri/Toffoli for 2nd line RW and somehow acquire Anderson, fine. But he can't be the big get because he is too big of an unknown at this point.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My dark horse prediction is Josh Anderson. His name keeps coming up and we keep dismissing him, but there are a lot of things about this situation that are starting to make sense.

The biggest objection to him is that he only has 1 goal. But he injured his shoulder in pre-season. He injured it bad enough that it eventually needed surgery. This is a 25 year old who went from a 25 goal pace to 27 goals to just 1 goal over the course of 3 seasons, I think it's safe to assume the shoulder is the source of his struggles this year.

If not for the shoulder injury, he'd still probably be considered untouchable. He won't be cheap but the experts think he will cost less than Kreider. If he returns to health, he could be the steal of the deadline. This guy was a 27 goal, 47 point, 200 hit beast with high-end speed. He does almost all of his scoring at ES. He can kill penalties too.

The other reason people say he's available is because he's an RFA and their last contract negotiation was contentious, but how much can he really ask for? Kassian just signed for $3.2m/4yrs. Boone Jenner makes $3.75/3yrs. Tom Wilson is the pre-eminent power forward in the league, and he makes $5.1/5yrs. Anderson probably slots in around $4.5 on a 4yr deal. That's his 26, 27, 28 and 29 year old seasons.

If I`m the B`s, I go above and beyond when it comes to doing my due diligence in finding out the full extent of Anderson`s injury and IF this is the type of thing that could become a bit of an issue consistently in the future. If you take the physical element from Anderson`s game, he`s still a nice player but not as effective IMO.

I haven`t a clue what this injury means in regards to the price of a deal to acquire him but surely it has to play a role?

Reactions: PlayMakers

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
i think they'd trade him if you're giving up mcavoy, or someone on that level.

That's probably the case. In the bcbruins post of a couple of weeks ago, didn't he mention that Boston had an offer on the table for a true RW with term? Maybe Boeser is that player. Benning would probably be asking for one of McAvoy/Carlo +, but perhaps Boston is countering with something like Axel, Senyshyn, Heinen and a first-round pick.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I`m actually surprised some here are AOK with a Kovalchuk addition which would cost the B`s assets when they could have had him for free

Not getting him for free is a sunk cost. It can't be changed. So you don't pass up a different opportunity just because you missed the first one.

That being said, I don't want Kovalchuk. But the reason isn't that we passed on him first time around.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Where I'm at with Kovalchuk is more about how he'll fit. In the scenario of acquiring both him and Palmieri, i'd expect a second line of Kovy - Krejci - Palmieri. Now, a lot has been said about how his numbers with MTL are based on usage and PP time. I'd like to think this second line would challenge for more ice time with the upgrade in talent and take some pressure off of the first line, and the coaches from having to rely on them as much. So he might see a slight dip compared to what he's getting in MTL, but i would think improving the 2nd line and 2nd powerplay would lead to an uptick in their usage as well.

I don't care as much about not getting him for free and now having to pay an asset. It's not like the whole league was busting doors to get him. If it's not a significant asset and the move helps in the end whatever.

I'm in for the proposal from Dom. If any/all of Heinen, Moore, Backes are moved as a part of it for cap space, we'll still have Palmieri next year, room for Krug extension, and who knows, maybe Kovy for another year depending how that goes.

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
For cap reasons both Heinen and Moore need to go in order to bring in a legit top 6 winger that we hope to keep beyond this year. Nord is worth keeping for the year and then you let him walk.

Frederic and Stud are ready for roles now / next season. I would bring Stud up now and give him a shot.

We still have Cliffy, Vaak, Kampfer, and possibly Miller in reserve on D if Moore goes.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

I agree he could be a total steal. It's a gamble for sure, and he shouldn't be the Bruins primary target, but if they got him to play on the 3rd line behind a guy like Palmieri then it could really pay off.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I agree he could be a total steal. It's a gamble for sure, and he shouldn't be the Bruins primary target, but if they got him to play on the 3rd line behind a guy like Palmieri then it could really pay off.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Palmieri
Bjork -- Coyle -- Anderson

That's a Top 9 I'd get behind.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
So did they overcome adversity against a vastly inferior opponent due in large part to their loaded roster?

Or should we not really worry about what TB does, because one hit against Victor Hedman is enough to derail the league's most talented, most loaded team?

This is a disingenuous post on your part.

You ignored Stralman's impact which was important
as that was TB 1st pair D basically gone. Take away
any SC contenders 1st D pairing and they are
categorically "not loaded" and "not a contender".

I'll make a comparison using the 2017-18 Bruins
D corp. Carlo never played and McAvoy though
rounding into better health still was not 100%
from his March 2018 knee injury. After game one
which was a mix of TB layoff and Boston being
in synch from their Leaf series, TB was the significantly
better team. They swept Boston. I would say a healthy
Carlo and McAvoy would have made them more
competitive the last 4 games.

So yeah those are series altering events for TB.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
have the Bruins been linked to Palmieri at all other than on this board? Is he actually on the block right now?

not "on the block" but devils definitely listening. if the owner listens to their
analytics people as much as folks are saying, the response is probably something
like "trade him now, this is when his value is at its peak. if you sign him for 6-7
years, you won't get the full value".

i'm with danny boy @DKH , this is gonna take a 1st and vaak or lauzon. assume another
piece goes out the door too, to offset $ (don't think NJ is taking backes, even
though they should). maybe heinen elsewhere, maybe moore elsewhere, maybe
both.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

Depends on the cost. Draft picks are always risky at least Anderson has a track record in the NHL. If he does not continue the progression he has shown he becomes a 15-20 goal scorer with plus speed and physical. If that costs a first and a Bjork, Heinen or Kuraly so be it.

It's about filling needs, they have players who can take Heinen's spot with ease (as shown by the four games he was healthy scratched and his not being in the line up was not noticed), they only have Frederic (who does not possess as high an offensive upside as Anderson in my opinion) as a bigger physical forward.

Kreider or Palmieri should be the main targets but Anderson would be a great addition as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad