Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 V

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You can spot the people who only watch the Bruins from a mile away because they're blatantly ignorant to the fact that the Penguins won back to back cups with guys like Wilson, Rust, Sheary, Kunitz, Cullen, etc all rotating into various spots in their top 9.

you can absolutely win with a guy like Bjork on your 3rd line. He has been terrific for the last couple months and has great chemistry with Coyle. He's the kind of guy who you take on a run to the finals and then he puts up 50+ points the next season ala Guentzel or Sheary.

look at the Blues third line last season. Good post

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Two weeks to the deadline. What's your prediction?

I predict Backes’ cap will be on the Bruins org until the summer. Would love to be wrong.

SweeNeely, ‘nut up’ again and in the process of getting two upgrades move out both Moore and Heinen and pick up a depth D man.

Wish is different than what I think they get, so my prediction is less than I want: Im going to say both Palmieri (Heinen+Vaak) and Toffoli (picks) but also Boroweicki. Moore sold off elsewhere as a neutral, not negative value, trade. This helps to open up the cap short and long term.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
My homerun to get it would be one or two ways. I want Palmieri and Wood on this team, now and for the long term.

offer one: Heinen, Backes, Vaak and first

offer two: Heinen, Backes, Gryz and 3rd

More likely they will scrap heap close to the deadline and deal 2nd and a scrub for Toffoli. I also expect them to get another depth defenseman for like a 4 or 5.
I would go with deal 2, but we need to add a D then maybe Boro or Dillon with Moore part of the deal the other way.

Reactions: LouJersey

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Two weeks to the deadline. What's your prediction?

Pain
giphy.gif

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I predict Backes’ cap will be on the Bruins org until the summer. Would love to be wrong.

SweeNeely, ‘nut up’ again and in the process of getting two upgrades move out both Moore and Heinen and pick up a depth D man.

Wish is different than what I think they get, so my prediction is less than I want: Im going to say both Palmieri (Heinen+Vaak) and Toffoli (picks) but also Boroweicki. Moore sold off elsewhere as a neutral, not negative value, trade. This helps to open up the cap short and long term.
I would be happy with adding these guys at those prices.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Studnicka is untouchable IMO unless he's going in a trade for a top 2 center. And not because he's so good (he's good, but not that good). It's just that Bergeron and Krejci could fall off that cliff any time and they can't afford to trade their only legit top 2 center prospect.

For Brock Boeser, Sweeney himself would drive Studnicka to the airport.

Your getting a legitimate top right-winger for the next decade , if he stays healthy he will net anywhere between 25-35 goals a year. Jack Stucnicka isn't going to prevent it. He maybe the bruins top rated center but he's not that good, where you don't move him for Boeser.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Why do people think Bjork is gonna magically turn into some star. I would be more worried about the condtional pick than Bjork.

We would need to add Toffoli or someone to replace him on the 3rd line though.

Yeah often, well for years it seems some just can’t let go of certain pretty average 3rd liners waiting them to become something more.

I’d rather move a guy like Heinen or Bjork for a u30 player they’d know they have a good shot at re-signing.
Prefer that over to giving up any of the top prospects.
Need quality elc’s in a coupé of years

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
My homerun to get it would be one or two ways. I want Palmieri and Wood on this team, now and for the long term.

offer one: Heinen, Backes, Vaak and first

offer two: Heinen, Backes, Gryz and 3rd

More likely they will scrap heap close to the deadline and deal 2nd and a scrub for Toffoli. I also expect them to get another depth defenseman for like a 4 or 5.
Like offer two, solves two problems: gets us needed help on the wing and clears cap space to re-sign Torey. Jersey has the space to absorb Backes' salary and he'd be an inspiration to the youth NJ is assembling.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bjork and Heinen are not centerpieces for deals like that involving players at the caliber. Especially when your not taking on bad contracts. You can offer a centerpiece and go onto them two for the second piece The first rd pick your good prospect is more important . The Devils need a D-Man so if you want Palimeri start with Vaak , second RD PK and Heinen. He has one year left anything else they laugh it off . It’s reality.

I never said they were centerpieces. They are PARTS
of the trades.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Again, I'm a huge Boeser fan but how do you fit him under the cap?? Vancouver isn't taking Backes.
Either pay up with a 1st/2nd to dump Backes over the summer or, if you still have both of Krug and Griz, reluctantly let Krug walk.

Right now, the Bruins have somehow managed to slip past having the season derailed by injury despite Bergeron appearing to be half-dead to start the season. I'm not optimistic that will be the case with the greybeards in future seasons, so loading up for this season makes sense. And Boeser would be loading up.

Reactions: TCB and Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Again, I'm a huge Boeser fan but how do you fit him under the cap?? Vancouver isn't taking Backes.

Realistically I don't see Boeser being moved, but fitting him under the cap wouldn't be that difficult. Move out one of Heinen or Moore and Boeser fits.

If the bruins were to acquire Boeser and Im not saying they will, because I don't see Vancouver moving him, but it would be a little reminiscence of the bruins acquiring Neely from Vancouver. Although it was in the off-season, the trade was on Neelys B-Day, the best gift he's ever received, Im sure.

Boeser will turn 23 one day after the deadline, and a trade from Vancouver to Boston for another sharp-shooting RW would be real sweet. He's no Neely but that go's without saying, but he's a legit sniper.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Killer Miller Time has a point IMO. But I don’t agree with all of it . TB pull this stuff with the McDonough deal a couple of years ago. It guarantees squat. We missed the boat on Kovalchuk and their is no way I give Montreal **** now. Lesson learned I think, Also TB first rd pk will be high just like the bruins . I know they got two but that shouldn’t stop Sweeney from doing something if he chooses. It’s his call. Something tells me he passes but you never know!

Having 2 picks in Rd 1 and 9M in Cap space is huge.

After the McDonough trade TB in the PO swept NJ
and after losing G1, swept Boston and then lost
a very tough 7 game series to the eventual champs.
Boston doesn't upgrade their wing position they will
not advance past TB.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

not advance past TB.

Well, I expect a Top 6 upgrade so they'll be fine!

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

not advance past TB.
You're missing a year's worth of history there.

What happened last season?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
[QUOTE="kdog82, post: 170077757, member: 5319"]I'll play the get Boeser game.

Bruins offer: Studnicka + Vaakanainen + Heinen + Backes for Boeser

So do the Bruins have two players named Studnicka? ;)[/QUOTE]

lol! I don't think Boeser will get traded but I just made a package of what I think it would take to acquire him from the Bruins. A trade of Boeser means emptying the prospects cupboard.

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2