Injury Report: Alex Nylander to miss season with Knee Injury

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Very bad timing for such a crucial time in his development. From the covid stop until he's ready for next season will be like 8 games played in a year and a half. That's a major setback no matter how you slice it.

I am racking my brain to think of a young player who has missed 18 months and came back successfully. Anyone come to mind?

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Sucks for Nylander, but opens up a spot for some of our other prospects.

I would've preferred to use this season to judge if we should resign him, but I guess that can be pushed another year on a league min contract.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
I'd expect Highmore as the first guy in line to take Nylander's spot, assuming Shaw is a go-ahead. Maybe Hagel or Kurashev if they want to try a more offensive top 9 body.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Why the hell would Seattle take him? If they do it’s great for the hawks.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I'd expect Highmore as the first guy in line to take Nylander's spot, assuming Shaw is a go-ahead. Maybe Hagel or Kurashev if they want to try a more offensive top 9 body.

Really doubt that it will be Highmore. Definitely think Kurashev or Hagel, with Kurashev probably being the favorite. It'll hinge on his D.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Tough break for Nylander. It seemed he has the physical tools, just didn't show me he has the mental attitude to bring it every night or even every shift. This will open some possibilities for the kids to shine in camp. I'm just worried JC will put Quennville on the roster in his place.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Seriously as the boards unqualified armchair orthopedic it’s a f***in meniscus tear. Arguably the best part of your knee to f*** up. It’s completely recoverable. The development time being missed of 4-6 months is what sucks but the physical injury itself should not limit him

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Well he's Seattle's problem now

Why in the world would Seattle take him? He’s shown nothing at all in the NHL, isn’t locked up long term, and looks like he’s Europe bound if you ask me.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
That's the glass half empty view.

There are arguments for Seattle taking both Nylander and de Haan.

At best what you can say about Nylander last year was that he had a decent game here or there. He had no games at all in which he wow’d you and gave you hope he could be a good second liner even.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
At best what you can say about Nylander last year was that he had a decent game here or there. He had no games at all in which he wow’d you and gave you hope he could be a good second liner even.
I'd disagree there, but you can continue to think that. It's beating a dead horse at this point.
Nylander's production was slightly below TT's on a ppg basis at the same age, when TT played with a better team and had better linemates. There was plenty of reason for hope. Now, not so much. The difference in their ppg numbers was worth 3 pts over an 82 game season.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
They should be taking disappointments who have proven nothing drafted 4-5 years ago coming off knee surgery?

Nah
Well they're not asking you. And a guy who has skilled yet still played well on 4th lines certainly has potential.

But who do you think they should take off the roster? Theres the prospect Hagel who has shown nothing, the prospect Carlsson who has shown basically nothing, there Subban or Delia whoever is the worse of the 2 this season. The only other options may be Carpenter or Wallmark. The only solid good player option would be CDH and that's if he stays healthy. Plus he's then a 30 year old mostly defensive dman with a lot of injuries, not an interesting pick.

If Nylander is left open, he's definitely the most appealing pick

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad