Injury Report: Alex Nylander to miss season with Knee Injury

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Why would this close the books?

Think about it as it actually buys him more time. It can serve as a hard reset and the Hawks can rebuild the mental side while he rehabs.

This is a huge setback for him...If Hawks are trash and org cleans house after season then there might be a GM coming in that wants no part of him being in org long term...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
This is a huge setback for him...If Hawks are trash and org cleans house after season then there might be a GM coming in that wants no part of him being in org long term...

If, if, if. (I 100% get what you are saying so don't take this as snobby as it is not intended that way and I know it comes off that way).

It seems more likely that they are going see this through and it will buy him at least a year after his injury.

Subject Change.

When do you guys think it happened?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If, if, if. (I 100% get what you are saying so don't take this as snobby as it is not intended that way and I know it comes off that way).

It seems more likely that they are going see this through and it will buy him at least a year after his injury.

Subject Change.

There was a tweet somewhere that said it happened in the playoffs, and they tried a conservative treatment first.

Reactions: Brightwing

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Still will be qualified. The guy has talent.

Most likely, its near certainty hes given a QO with Bowman in charge but that obv drops with a new front office...This is a huge setback in what looks like a development year to be out the entire year, he was likely to get another solid opportunity with arguably a weaker forward group vs last season...but it being a setback is something we all clearly agree on

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Subject Change.

Happened in the playoffs. Tried to rehab it but it didn’t respond well

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Just in time for the playoffs? Lol nah.

So does this mean he won't be eligible for expansion or maybe makes him less likely to be taken. Could help lead the team to choosing 8skater route

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yeah, the guy has talent but I think he will be exposed in the expansion draft and I think Seattle will take either him or de Haan.

If they go the LV route De Haan will have a year left on his deal and could return a decent package if hes healthy...Nylander probably has very little value atm...Healthy De Haan probably fetches a 2nd at tdl as a rental...

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Well, I think that closes the book on him.
Gamble didn't pay off.

You’re so quick to rule things over.

If you were a doctor, you’d run around declaring people dead over broken fingers and toes haha.

Is it just that you want to be the first person to “call something right” so you can brag about it later?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You’re so quick to rule things over.

If you were a doctor, you’d run around declaring people dead over broken fingers and toes haha.

Is it just that you want to be the first person to “call something right” so you can brag about it later?
No....I just think that there's a strong chance that he's gone to Seattle next year.
Nylander and de Haan are the key targets for them......I'd think they'd go with the younger kid that doesn't have a huge cap hit, but what do I know? Nylander is exactly the type of player that expansion drafters usually target.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
This gives Strome a bit more leverage I would say. I know Nylander doesn’t play center but they were still jockeying for similar ice time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad