Player Discussion: Alex Iafallo

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Someone tell the guy we have hiking and camping in Manitoba.

Show him the Minnidosa area, etc…

He is from northern NY so he knows weather in season can and will be shite. GOOD focus on your game, MAN!
Hiking in the Sierras
1688653085637.png

Hiking in Minnedosa
1688653451182.png

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Guys, another 3 pages about the topic of "He doesn't want to be here". Seriously? Is this EVER going to stop?

It's not complicated: A guy like Iafallo that LITERALLY is big into SoCal and surfing who has never played for another market, yet a market in Manitoba Canada probably isn't thrilled he gets traded there as first reaction? How can you make a thing out of it and discuss it for 3 pages? No he didn't say anything bad. No he isn't being a problem that wants a trade because of that already.

Is he maybe changing his opinion about WPG, Manitoba? Maybe? Yes? No? There are SO many factors involved in a process like that. How does he like the staff? What is his role going to be as part of the group? How is his on-ice success looking like? How is his gf/wife gonna be like about it? And that is just the beginning of all the factors that contribute in a human psychological reception of something, especially as big as the opinion he develops of his place of living.

"But he makes 8 million" - "boo hoo for him". That is just so narrow minded. It absolutetly doesn't matter how much money he makes, he's still allowed to have sentiments about his sourrunding. "but people in the military" in what possible way does it make sense to compare a professional hockey player maybe being a little bummed about the fact he has been traded from Los Angeles to Winnipeg to a solider being called for duty in some war country? The only thing that I make out of this comparison is the fact that people threat professional sports too much like serious matter of life and death business - AKA war.
No!

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm failing to see the negative aspect of this post lol.

i have lots of amazing, unbelievable pictures of Manitoba. don't think some of the posters here ever leave there mom's basement

I think a lot of people from the prairies tend to get oddly offended when you bring up the aspects of outdoor activities that are available when comparing the mountainous coasts with that of the prairies.

Sure we have some great spots out here and sure they are beautiful but generally and respectfully they don't compare in any way shape or form to what you can do out west and there is nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: weslox and Buffdog

enuffidiotsalready

Nov 25, 2019
I think a lot of people from the prairies tend to get oddly offended when you bring up the aspects of outdoor activities that are available when comparing the mountainous coasts with that of the prairies.

Sure we have some great spots out here and sure they are beautiful but generally and respectfully they don't compare in any way shape or form to what you can do out west and there is nothing wrong with that.
lol. keep looking. maybe bring along some peyote.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Kings fan coming in peace. Iafallo is a Swiss army knife type player. You can put him out in any situation and on any line and he will give you a solid showing. He won’t blow you away with any particular skill but guys like him are very useful to have. He became a bit of a whipping boy two seasons ago because he went ice cold in the second half, but even if he‘s not scoring he can help your team in other ways. At his salary and skill set, he became redundant with a younger Trevor Moore already on the team.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Kings fan coming in peace. Iafallo is a Swiss army knife type player. You can put him out in any situation and on any line and he will give you a solid showing. He won’t blow you away with any particular skill but guys like him are very useful to have. He became a bit of a whipping boy two seasons ago because he went ice cold in the second half, but even if he‘s not scoring he can help your team in other ways. At his salary and skill set, he became redundant with a younger Trevor Moore already on the team.
He should fit in well, our board loves their whipping boys :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

It’s really about finding what you like and building around your priorities in life. The Mountains are amazing for road trips thats for sure. Once my kids have grown up I will play the hand that is dealt to me, if they both raise families in Winnipeg then this will happily be home base, if they both move away then I might home base somewhere else. There is no city in Canada I want to live in year round and I have visited them all in our winter months. I will most likely live a migratory pattern while health allows it. I look forward to constructing my best life when the time comes but I am in no rush.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It’s really about finding what you like and building around your priorities in life. The Mountains are amazing for road trips thats for sure. Once my kids have grown up I will play the hand that is dealt to me, if they both raise families in Winnipeg then this will happily be home base, if they both move away then I might home base somewhere else. There is no city in Canada I want to live in year round and I have visited them all in our winter months. I will most likely live a migratory pattern while health allows it. I look forward to constructing my best life when the time comes but I am in no rush.

I've only ever lived in the West but I enjoyed Victoria and Vancouver the most for winter, it's a different kind of cold but it was never as bad as the -35 with 60k winds I've experienced in the Prairies. So as far as best places to live in Canada in the winter I think the West Coast is unbeatable and offers basically every winter activity you can think of still since the high elevations make activities like snowboard/skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and ice climbing all possible while still maintaining a relatively temperate climate.

While living in Vancouver there were a few days I went snowboarding on Seymour in the morning and then went to the beach and soaked up some sun in the afternoon. There is literally no where else in this country you can do that.

With that being said if you can migrate down south for the winter and then return for the summers that is the ultimate lifestyle I would imagine. Like you said it just depends on what you are into and how you like to spend your days.

If money wasn't an issue though I'd live in Vancouver, no contest. Big city amenities meets outdoor recreational paradise. If I had about $2.5m to spare I would buy a condo right across the street from Rogers Arena, get season tickets to the Nucks, and just be a hockey junky during the season, then during NHL off season I'd have a place somewhere up in North or West Vancouver on the coast. I just need to win about $60m on the lotto and I'm set.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10Ducky10

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I've only ever lived in the West but I enjoyed Victoria and Vancouver the most for winter, it's a different kind of cold but it was never as bad as the -35 with 60k winds I've experienced in the Prairies. So as far as best places to live in Canada in the winter I think the West Coast is unbeatable and offers basically every winter activity you can think of still since the high elevations make activities like snowboard/skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and ice climbing all possible while still maintaining a relatively temperate climate.

While living in Vancouver there were a few days I went snowboarding on Seymour in the morning and then went to the beach and soaked up some sun in the afternoon. There is literally no where else in this country you can do that.

With that being said if you can migrate down south for the winter and then return for the summers that is the ultimate lifestyle I would imagine. Like you said it just depends on what you are into and how you like to spend your days.

If money wasn't an issue though I'd live in Vancouver, no contest. Big city amenities meets outdoor recreational paradise. If I had about $2.5m to spare I would buy a condo right across the street from Rogers Arena, get season tickets to the Nucks, and just be a hockey junky during the season, then during NHL off season I'd have a place somewhere up in North or West Vancouver on the coast. I just need to win about $60m on the lotto and I'm set.

A very good friend of mine just relocated from Winnipeg to Vancouver with his girlfriend and they are living their best lives now. They have a boat in Coal Harbour and they have a great house on the ocean just North of Van (easy drive) and they ocean swim off their dock daily. I love it and would have no problem doing that either. I would still spend much of Jan, Feb in Hawaii, Mexico, Arizona, or other and travel allot. The thing for me though is I would still have my top priority being home based around kids and grandkids if they were ok with that. If they were both living in Winnipeg then this would be home base……fill in the blanks for if they both lived in any other major Canadian city. There are also some realities around my age. Fortunately, I have traveling enough of the world for two lifetimes so I have scratched allot of itches that way.

Home base still means months away in warm derisable locations though but I would invite the kids and grandkids. My dad and mom did it in an incredibly affordable style from Cabin in Saskatchewan June until the end of September, Arizona for 6 months, shoulder months in Kelowna.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daximus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad