Player Discussion: Alex Iafallo

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wondering why we didn't have a thread for him yet. What's up with that?

Has he come around to accepting his trade yet?
Will Jets flip him?
What is he worth in this cap world that sees Sprong and Geekie not qualified?
Maybe we could have traded him to Kraken for their rights a couple of days ago.
Who TF does he think he is, turning up his nose at Wpg like that?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Wondering why we didn't have a thread for him yet. What's up with that?

Has he come around to accepting his trade yet?
Will Jets flip him?
What is he worth in this cap world that sees Sprong and Geekie not qualified?
Maybe we could have traded him to Kraken for their rights a couple of days ago.
Who TF does he think he is, turning up his nose at Wpg like that?
um, what? where did he turn his nose up at winnipeg?

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
where are these rumors from?

I'm not a good source for stuff like this, read a comment on another thread on HFJets.

I want to say it was from Joe Hallenbeck, but I'm not sure.

I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: My search-fu has failed. Maybe someone better than me can find it. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Buffdog

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's a huge shock to be traded from LA to almost anywhere, let alone Winnipeg. I think he was very happy in LA and is upset to be out of that city more than being upset it's Winnipeg.

Yeah dude went undrafted and finished school then chose LA and got really into the life he had out there. It's a major change and a lot of times guys have made friends and relationships locally that are tough to walk away from. He wanted to be in LA and hoped he would remain there until he was done.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yeah dude went undrafted and finished school then chose LA and got really into the life he had out there. It's a major change and a lot of times guys have made friends and relationships locally that are tough to walk away from. He wanted to be in LA and hoped he would remain there until he was done.

Boo freaking hoo for him. He is making 8 million over the next 2 years. I am gonna play the world's smallest violin for him if he is actually upset about being moved from LA.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Iafallo seems like a good player. Honestly haven't singled him out in games I've seen the Kings play. He should be a V welcomed addition to this team's top-9 and would not be shocked if he led the bottom 6 in scoring

But just as a trade return I'm kind of meh on this.

There's to many competent top 9ers going, and for dirt cheap or free. Him at 4m isn't huge problem with the players moving out. but think we could have saved on the cap space + alternate asset or superior draft pick, and gotten a similar iafallo-level player for way cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Boo freaking hoo for him. He is making 8 million over the next 2 years. I am gonna play the world's smallest violin for him if he is actually upset about being moved from LA.

And that's why no one wants to play here.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Rumors that he wasn't happy to hear he was traded.

Whether that was because he was traded to Winnipeg or traded in general is not known (as far as rumours go)

Apparently Elliott Friedman said in his 32 thoughts podcast that there's some work to be done with him as the trade surprised him. Although he didn't say whether he was upset at just being traded or if he was upset about being traded to the jets.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Apparently Elliott Friedman said in his 32 thoughts podcast that there's some work to be done with him as the trade surprised him. Although he didn't say whether he was upset at just being traded or if he was upset about being traded to the jets.

Maybe that's how the rumour started? With that plus no interview from Iaffalo and Jets fans jump to conclusions? 🤷‍♂️

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Iafallo seems like a good player. Honestly haven't singled him out in games I've seen the Kings play. He should be a V welcomed addition to this team's top-9 and would not be shocked if he led the bottom 6 in scoring

But just as a trade return I'm kind of meh on this.

There's to many competent top 9ers going, and for dirt cheap or free. Him at 4m isn't huge problem with the players moving out. but think we could have on the cap space + alternate asset or superior draft pick, and gotten a similar iafallo-level player for way cheaper.
Those players aren’t signing in Winnipeg.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
And that's why no one wants to play here.

Forgive me for not having sympathy for guys making millions being upset about being traded from one first world city to another first world city for 8-9 months a year.

There are men and women in the military stationed in the middle east away from their families and people working in a remote oil rig off the coast of Alaska making peanuts compared to these entitled players.

Maybe that's how the rumour started? With that plus no interview from Iaffalo and Jets fans jump to conclusions? 🤷‍♂️

Yeah it is not confirmed if he is actually upset about the trade to the jets. Let's see what happens.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Forgive me for not having sympathy for guys making millions being upset about being traded from one first world city to another first world city for 8-9 months a year.

There are men and women in the military stationed in the middle east away from their families and people working in a remote oil rig off the coast of Alaska making peanuts compared to these entitled players.

Yeah it is not confirmed if he is actually upset about the trade to the jets. Let's see what happens.

So they aren't allowed to dislike being traded?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Not sure what kind of "work" they're doing

Who was it that retired instead of reporting to Jets 1.0 in a trade with Buffalo?

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
He chose his career, he knows it's part of the game.
If he wanted a guarantee that he never has to work away from the city he lives in, he could have chosen a cozy office job, or maybe he could sell cars.

I appreciate how Vilardi addressed it in his interview. He said he reminded himself that it's just business, it's not personal. I'm sure he was shaken up about it too.

This video didn't age well

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He can feel however he wants in private but he can't put that out publicly and expect sympathy. If he feels that way he needs to put on a brave face and smile while he is under contract rather than act ungrateful to those paying him millions.

It's not like they are paying him millions for doing nothing. Those paying him millions make many many many more millions than the players for actually doing nothing.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Yes, technically they are both first world cities but...

This is LA...

worlds-largest-burger-tower-v0-zl2b5hphfrra1.jpg

... and this is Winnipeg.

04_finger%20burger.jpg

:laugh:

• Wow
Reactions: macmaroon

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4