Player Discussion: Alex Iafallo

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Not sure what kind of "work" they're doing

Who was it that retired instead of reporting to Jets 1.0 in a trade with Buffalo?
I figure that's the work being done, trying to convince him that he will be a pauper one day on those few millions already earned and he really needs to play two more years to avoid ending up on the street. :laugh:

Hey, I can understand walking away if it really doesn't suit the life you've setup and want to live. That's what Buff did.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So they aren't allowed to dislike being traded?

No, they are entitled to dislike it. In fact it is to be expected except for those who have reason to be unhappy where they are, like riding the bench for example.
But they all know trades are a part of the business. People in other businesses making a lot less money get transferred all the time.
So suck it up and make the best of it. Say sorry to be leaving LA and all the friends I've made here. Looking forward to a new challenge. And get on with it.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
It's a huge shock to be traded from LA to almost anywhere, let alone Winnipeg. I think he was very happy in LA and is upset to be out of that city more than being upset it's Winnipeg.
Young guy making millions living the beach life in LA gets traded to Wpg. Can't help but be a little let down about leaving that life. No slander on Wpg, just a natural reaction to a move you didn't request. But excited for a new opportunity I think.

I get the sense in all of the interviews of new players that these guys are so well versed now in how to deal with the media that none of them will ever say anything very negative. You need to be good at reading body language and tone to try to understand how they really feel.

Reactions: GNP and Buffdog

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Young guy making millions living the beach life in LA gets traded to Wpg. Can't help but be a little let down about leaving that life. No slander on Wpg, just a natural reaction to a move you didn't request. But excited for a new opportunity I think.

I get the sense in all of the interviews of new players that these guys are so well versed now in how to deal with the media that none of them will ever say anything very negative. You need to be good at reading body language and tone to try to understand how they really feel.

Yeah he hasn't said a thing either.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I thought that 1 post I saw quoted him, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Does it mean anything that he hasn't said anything? If you can't say anything nice ......

Have the local media not tried to interview him? If he is refusing to talk to them isn't that worth reporting? The silence is deafening.

Reactions: Ggg99

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I thought that 1 post I saw quoted him, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Does it mean anything that he hasn't said anything? If you can't say anything nice ......

Have the local media not tried to interview him? If he is refusing to talk to them isn't that worth reporting? The silence is deafening.
I think you are trying to make a big deal about something that isn't a big deal...

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think you are trying to make a big deal about something that isn't a big deal...

No, I'm actually trying to avoid that while asking questions.

I saw 1 post about his reaction to Wpg. I alluded to it in the OP. My curiosity was aroused by the lack of chatter here. No one had opened a thread about him after what, 3-4 days?

There have since been a lot of posts about that 1 aspect. Not much discussion of anything else. No one has had any actual answers so I am still asking questions.

Our reaction to him strikes me as a little strange. Like the local media reaction to him. Mostly, there just isn't any. That is strange.

Reactions: Ggg99

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
No, I'm actually trying to avoid that while asking questions.

I saw 1 post about his reaction to Wpg. I alluded to it in the OP. My curiosity was aroused by the lack of chatter here. No one had opened a thread about him after what, 3-4 days?

There have since been a lot of posts about that 1 aspect. Not much discussion of anything else. No one has had any actual answers so I am still asking questions.

Our reaction to him strikes me as a little strange. Like the local media reaction to him. Mostly, there just isn't any. That is strange.
you started off complaining about him not wanting to be here based on what you thought was an interview he did, then when you found out he didn't actually do an interview you complained about him not talking to the media...

the truth is, he was a throw in for cap related reasons, not necessarily a cap dump because he is actually a useful player. the reason why there were threads started on vilardi and kurpari is because they are young and viewed to be part of the future

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
Well then, I read his body language correctly. No objections to Wpg.

But I did see the Vilardi interview. He said all the right things but didn't exude enthusiasm. Maybe that's just his demeanor. And I still like the trade.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
you started off complaining about him not wanting to be here based on what you thought was an interview he did, then when you found out he didn't actually do an interview you complained about him not talking to the media...

the truth is, he was a throw in for cap related reasons, not necessarily a cap dump because he is actually a useful player. the reason why there were threads started on vilardi and kurpari is because they are young and viewed to be part of the future

I did not exactly complain. I questioned. But I was aware it looked like trying to make something out of very little. Sorry, that was never my intention. Sometimes when you just ask questions it comes out that way.

I took Iafollo as being the main add to Vilardi and Kupari as a throw in. Or call him a sweetener if you prefer.

I am still left with my questions about Iafollo. I see this as having been a now trade, not a futures trade and Iafollo is a now player. Ignore what I said about his reaction to the trade. Iafollo is a solid middle 6 winger. Just what we are supposed to need. Why so little interest in him?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wonder if he is included in the trade if Helle goes to Buffalo.

Would depend on the cap coming back. Helle is at 6.166 for this year and Iafallo is at 4. Buff has 5.8 now with a couple of extra players. Drop 2 Dmen and they have about 9 mil. Drop 2 goalies (they have 3 right now) and they are there, just. But that is without accounting for any return.

Who do you think we should get back?

Lady Stanley

May 26, 2021
Forgive me for not having sympathy for guys making millions being upset about being traded from one first world city to another first world city for 8-9 months a year.

There are men and women in the military stationed in the middle east away from their families and people working in a remote oil rig off the coast of Alaska making peanuts compared to these entitled players.

Yeah it is not confirmed if he is actually upset about the trade to the jets. Let's see what happens.
What does this tangent have to actually do with him playing here?

Your attitude is how you create a cancerous locker room.

Team needs to rebuild it is simple as that, you can't trade in players that don't want to be here.

Reactions: jetsv2

Lady Stanley

May 26, 2021
Yes, technically they are both first world cities but...

This is LA...

worlds-largest-burger-tower-v0-zl2b5hphfrra1.jpg

... and this is Winnipeg.

04_finger%20burger.jpg

:laugh:
Some of this stuff is so bizarre, Winnipeg isn't all that different from a metro of 50,000 people for a lot of players. That's not even a bad thing for a lot of people.

If someone wants to be in a city this isn't the place for them.

The people who don't want to be here need to be traded asap, before they spoil the locker room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad