Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk: Time to loosen the restraints?

What should be done with Alex?

• Play him at Centre, let him do his thing

Votes: 121 73.8%
  • Trade him now for whatever

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • Stay the course

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Who cares? He's a bust

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I think I'm at the point for the first time since the beginning of last season that I'd be upset if Galchenyuk was moved. I haven't wanted him to be traded, but I always figured it wouldn't immediately be a mistake.
Galchenyuk looks like a player who's developed nicely and I think he could really take the next step forward next year.
Excited to see his development for next season.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I think I'm at the point for the first time since the beginning of last season that I'd be upset if Galchenyuk was moved. I haven't wanted him to be traded, but I always figured it wouldn't immediately be a mistake.
Galchenyuk looks like a player who's developed nicely and I think he could really take the next step forward next year.
Excited to see his development for next season.
Developement??? It’s his 7th year.
Sorry. Whay you see is what you get. Anywhere from 50-60 points and that not bad at all
He’s not gonna become some superstar. The ship has sailed. Good second line singer. Nothing wrong with that

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's probably been shopped for 4 years too.
"shopped" can mean a lot of different things - i'm sure teams have inquired with the Habs about Galchenyuk given how they've moved him back and forth between W/C & 1st to 4th line...

Yeah no doubt teams have inquired and perhaps the Habs have shopped him as well.

I think this applies to pretty much every player on this team - not sure why Galchenyuk should be absolved of this.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
"shopped" can mean a lot of different things - i'm sure teams have inquired with the Habs about Galchenyuk given how they've moved him back and forth between W/C & 1st to 4th line...

Yeah no doubt teams have inquired and perhaps the Habs have shopped him as well.

I think this applies to pretty much every player on this team - not sure why Galchenyuk should be absolved of this.

I suspect there's some truth to the rumours that the Habs have been actively listening to offers to him. There's a reason his name gets brought up with such frequency.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
Developement??? It’s his 7th year.
Sorry. Whay you see is what you get. Anywhere from 50-60 points and that not bad at all
He’s not gonna become some superstar. The ship has sailed. Good second line singer. Nothing wrong with that
Development isn't always about point totals.
The way he's getting points now is what matters to me.
He's putting forth effort every shift and he's making an effort defensively.
His line has been more often than not, dominant in the o-zone.

Before it was a whole lot of misses and then a goal or assist. Now it's strong offensive zone time with also scoring points. The more time he spends in the o-zone means the less time he spends playing D.

So by development, he may not score more goals, but his overall play is stronger and he's helping out the team by having to play less D-zone time.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
With Domi's strong finish with eight points in his last four games I could see a Domi for Galchenyuk swap with some other details thrown in.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I suspect there's some truth to the rumours that the Habs have been actively listening to offers to him. There's a reason his name gets brought up with such frequency.
The Habs can't afford to not list to ALL offers for ALL of their players at this point.

And the reason his name gets brought up with so much frequency is because he's young, talented and still has some untapped potential...

It's normal.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Bergevin continually has diminished Galchenyuk's value while simultaneously attempting to move him. He clearly doesn't understand the correlation between perceived value and purchase price.

Imbecile.
If Bergevin was 'attempting' to move Galchenyuk...he'd be gone.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
we never now when a player can develop look at Couturier this year

He’s a product of giroux and voracek. Not saying he’s not a good players but he’s definitely not as good as his stats are showing
Galchenyuk has improved his overall game it don’t expect him to be more than he is now
Actually his PPG decreased this year from last year but his game got better
Nothing wrong with being a good second line winger

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
The Habs can't afford to not list to ALL offers for ALL of their players at this point.

And the reason his name gets brought up with so much frequency is because he's young, talented and still has some untapped potential...

It's normal.

There's a difference between listening to all offers for all players and having a player consistently brought up as a guy the team is shopping.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If Bergevin was 'attempting' to move Galchenyuk...he'd be gone.

If he loses the trade involving his first draft pick it could lose Molson's confidence. That's why he didn't just trade Subban for anyone. He got a guy he could argue in defence for. That's why after playing him as a winger all year I could see Domi being moved for him and Bergevin saying it's a hockey move to shake up the locker.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Bergevin said he never tried to trade him and it was all rumour.

Bergevin also made comments that were commonly presumed to mean, specifically about players, that he wasn't shopping Subban and he wasn't shopping Sergachev before they were moved.

We're well past the point were we can take Bergevin's words at face value. Unless we're talking about a direct quote and full context.

Reactions: Price is Wright

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Bergevin also made comments that were commonly presumed to mean, specifically about players, that he wasn't shopping Subban and he wasn't shopping Sergachev before they were moved.

We're well past the point were we can take Bergevin's words at face value. Unless we're talking about a direct quote and full context.
I also don't believe a word he says but he did say that and some posters here live and die with his words.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Bergevin's ego is most probably slighted by that comment by Chucky, would probably trade Alex Galchenyuk for Boone Jenner right f***ing now.

Also Bergevin if it happens for real (imagine purple pants for realism)

underwear-dance.gif

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
you guys think Bergevin gonna say: yes I'm shopping this player ! What happen if he doesn't have a good offer and that he need to keep him ? I know you don't like him but come on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad