Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 4* vs CLE | Tues, Oct 18 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Kluber vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
It's more like the Jays have given them the opportunity via wild pitches and whatnot. Cleveland hasn't had those. There's only been one situation where they actually engineered that (Davis stealing 2nd)

True. They advance a base off of mistakes (mostly off Martin).

How does it feel Pillar? :sarcasm:

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Zeke is our 2nd best player right now.

Who would have thought that would ever be said.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I wouldn't mind Zeke leading off again

No way, he was 0 fer leading off, and started hitting the moment he got put down there. I normally not a huge proponent of things like that, but leave him where he's at, I don't want to mess with what's working by putting a normally bad hitter back to leadoff because he's had 2 hot games after 2 terrible games at leadoff

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
I've already shown that the idea that Cleveland is winning because of "fundamentals" or small ball or whatever you want to call it is pretty much false. They've won because they've gotten over half their runs via HR and basically all but 1 from a combo of walks, Toronto screw-ups, and "looking for the big hit" innings.

And KC basically singled the Jays to death last year. That's maybe a bit closer to "fundamental" baseball, but it's still not like they stole and sacrificed their way around the bases. They just got a ton of hits to drop and a bit of help from fielders choice plays and wild pitches
The fundamentals have a lot more to do with playing small ball you no this right? I don't want to write up an essay of what it is but I assure you the Jays stink at it. They beat Texas and Baltimore 2 teams that play just like the Jays do. Struggle mightiy when they face teams with strong pitching performance and play the fundamentals to there advantage like KC and now Cleveland.

The only chance the Jays have is if Cleveland's pitching implodes.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Got the insurance run. Should be more than enough. I like the (potential) pitching match-ups for the next 2 games. There's no reason we can't take this to 7.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Why is there a 5pm Pacific start ?
Did they do this last year ?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Why is there a 5pm Pacific start ?
Did they do this last year ?

It's the main prime time spot they are using every day. Cubs Dodgers is tonight at 5pm PST and same with tomorrow. We only get 5pm PST if they aren't playing. Nice for us over here stuck at work during this and tomorrow's game. Hopefully it goes to Friday so we get another 5pm start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad