Blue Jays GDT: *ALCS GM 4* vs CLE | Tues, Oct 18 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Kluber vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
If we can somehow force a game 7 which is still incredibly tough at this point...

I think I'd go Stro for 3/4 innings and bring Sanchez out of the pen for two or three.

Stro usually doesn't run into problems until the 3rd time thru the order so that's when you bring Sanchez into the game.

I like it, can't wait until game 7. :handclap:

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I didn't want Osuna with 3 run lead either. Winning today is meaningless if you lose tomorrow. The difference between this situation and extra innings is that we know there will be 9 innings tomorrow.

This is just wrong.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I didn't want Osuna with 3 run lead either. Winning today is meaningless if you lose tomorrow. The difference between this situation and extra innings is that we know there will be 9 innings tomorrow.

Losing today makes tomorrow meaningless aswell.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
They've used their best pitcher in 2 games
Bullpen tired
We have new life

Book it we win game 5 tomorrow at home. This team will not allow them to celebrate at Rogers Centre. I do believe that.

Can we take 2 in Cleveland?? Very tough to do but if our pitching is on..

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Book it we win game 5 tomorrow at home. This team will not allow them to celebrate at Rogers Centre. I do believe that.

Anything is possible, especially if we win tomorrow.

I'm confident our pitching can keep the Indians stymied enough to allow us to have a chance.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012

Mmm don't think that pitching has been a problem 9 runs against in 4 games is pretty spectacular. It's the hitting that's been suspect. Stranding guys in scoring position too much.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Was the Dome open ?
Weather was good

Temp 24°C, feel like 29 at 4pm.

The dome will be closed today, Tuesday October 18th, for Game 4 of the ALCS between the Toronto Blue Jays and the Cleveland Indians at 4:08PM at the Rogers Centre.

Follow twitter.com/IsTheDomeOpen for more updates.
Updated October 18th 2016 at 3:52PM

Is the Dome open tomorrow ?

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
I'm as pessimistic as they come but if our bats wake up, there will be a 7th game in this series. Plain and simple.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012

This is one of the most ridiculous, backwards things I've ever read on here.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I'm optimistic that if we win game 5 and game 6, there will be a game 7. :sarcasm:

Though I like their chances tomorrow and 6.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Alright, we'll revisit this tomorrow. I bet that we'll have a pitcher not named Osuna up in the eighth inning, and the Jays will have less than a 4 run lead at the time.

Hahaha.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Alright, we'll revisit this tomorrow. I bet that we'll have a pitcher not named Osuna up in the eighth inning, and the Jays will have less than a 4 run lead at the time.

Um... ok. If they need him for two innings tomorrow, he'll go two innings tomorrow.

Plus, it's the idea that today doesn't matter unless they win tomorrow that's backwards. In a do-or-die situation, you do everything you can to get through today and figure out tomorrow if you get there.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Still a pulse. If the boys can give Estrada a bit of run support tomorrow, I like our chances of taking this series back to Cleveland.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Someone ask Martin how he feels about batting .067, 13 Ks, with 1 RBI in 8 games.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
If Gibbons and Walker think that Osuna is still good for two innings tomorrow after pitching in the last two games, then I withdraw my objection. But we definitely need to be squeezing every high-leverage inning out of him we can, and with a travel day on Thursday we can go all-in with him tomorrow.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
Woo hoo! The Jays got a win, plus had very good pitching again.

If you want to make history, each game is the entire season. Win by any means necessary and live to fight another day. :)

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Donaldson's pregame meeting seems to have inspired him !
Hit a dinger in the bottom of the third off the "invincible" Kluber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->