Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Last night was the end of him imo. That was a team that just mailed it in.
But then how do you convince yourself that AV hasn't convinced management that the real problem is a bad mix of players and everything will be fine if they blow it up to his specifications?

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
But then how do you convince yourself that AV hasn't convinced management that the real problem is a bad mix of players and everything will be fine if they blow it up to his specifications?
You don't. Seems to me that management agrees that the roster is a larger issue than AV's coaching. Just going off of what Brooks said, they seem very reluctant to firing AV.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You don't. Seems to me that management agrees that the roster is a larger issue than AV's coaching. Just going off of what Brooks said, they seem very reluctant to firing AV.
Because, again and I know that I am harping on this, in AV Sather has found his pond hockey coach.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

They already tried that no?

Two wash-outs in the last two playoff exits. Last year was winnable, but the team keeled over. Same as the year before.

This year they keeled over in pre-season.

Sometimes you need a tyrant. Even if it's for a season or two.

blinknyr182

Dec 16, 2017
Brooklyn
he called out the only player on the team he knew he could call out and get a response from is this really a surprise?? of course this whole mess is gorton and his fault but what the hell did you expect him to say?

Reactions: Miamipuck

blinknyr182

Dec 16, 2017
Brooklyn
hes a desprate coach resorting to anything to get his team going he isnt going to call himself or his bosses out.... i cant remember any coach that did that with his ass on the line so he called out his best player who he knows can handle it and respond by finding another level you guys really cant see this for the nothing that it is??

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well both Canadians & Rangers always had a good goalies though, but you need to consider about the cap hit in that evaluation as well. But Henrik is definitely one of the reasons we had so many playoffs runs, and we always had a good backup goalie the recent years with both Talbot & Raanta.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
ARE YOU f***ING KIDDING ME!?

The "inconsistent" goaltending he's been getting all year is the only f***ing reason we are even close to the playoffs.

What a f***ing joke of a hockey mind.

Reactions: shinchanyo

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I expected this kind of reaction on HF how consider New York post formulated the article, lol. But in AV defense it was kind unfortunate to announce a rebuild this early. Because it was a much more challenging job for the coaching staff when Nash just sent in a list of teams with no trades, Henrik was talked to concerning a rebuild, Zucc might be moved.. Why would they try to win for this org. if they know they are going to be moved in near future or perhaps near the deadline with all the Ryan Mc. rumors going on. I`m glad that most of the names I mentioned are profressional players and trying to do their best no matter what is going on related to our future concerning a new strategy by the GM.

Is`t healthy for the team with the new rebuild direction near christmas?

I felt that Glen Sather was concerned about the spectacle occured the recent days - and said our current GM had a lot of work ahead of him, and he also mention that Rangers can still make the playoffs. I`m not too certain that Gorton job position is that safe that many here thinks he might be.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, I agree it was wrong to call anyone out, and AV might not be the coach we are looking for next season. I think the whole org. need an evaluation in different key positions like GM & coaching staff concerning policy and new strategies, because Gorton felt he expected more from the current team.

I find it strange to reason it like that, because we`ve never been hit this hard with injuries like this season since Henrik started his NHL career. And most here know that no one in AHL can replace a player like Kreider.

Last edited:

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
AV, he is the reason you still have a job. Without his play Nov-Jan we would be bottom 3 in NHL with Arizona and Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad