Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The teams flat out quit on him.
It is an awful combination of the team quiting on him, the amount of injuries to the team's better players, AV STILL not adapting his system to fit the personnel on the ice, and (outside of Henke) an absolute void of anything resembling leadership on the team.

Reactions: shinchanyo

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I literally only check on this thread to see if AV has been fired yet and to see what new contortionist routine Bleed Ranger Blue has bent himself into to try and convince people that AV is doing a good job.
It is not ALL on AV. There are many injuries (yes, I know that every team gets hit with them). The absolute depleted farm system. However, not coming out ready to play is ALL on the coach. Running around the defensive zone like chickens with heads cut off is ALL on the coach.

The question now is this. How is it possible that aside from DeAngelo, neither Graves not Pionk has been even given a glimmer of a chance? Always better to go with the safe, reliable vet.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
It is not ALL on AV. There are many injuries (yes, I know that every team gets hit with them). The absolute depleted farm system. However, not coming out ready to play is ALL on the coach. Running around the defensive zone like chickens with heads cut off is ALL on the coach.

The question now is this. How is it possible that aside from DeAngelo, neither Graves not Pionk has been even given a glimmer of a chance? Always better to go with the safe, reliable vet.
Honestly I'd rather wait until next year to play Graves and Pionk. No defenseman looks good consistently in this system. I wouldn't want them developing bad habits.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

You know, I had a feeling last night after the game that AV would be fired today. I didn't post it, because what good does that do, but if Gorton and Sather are talking today.......

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
After his quote after the game last night... pretty sure he has to go.

They were ready and were doing what they had to????

McD said it was the WORST game he’s been in as a NYR

WTF IS AV THINKING?!?

I mean yeah it’s jut a quote to reporters in the end it means almost nothing... but after that display to say “Its working” is just either lying or being blatantly obtuse.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah it was not great game since the game started - Nash had an unassisted goal and it says it all. And the coaching staff is struggling, and I`m not sure what they are trying to do out there - the team and coaching staff look lost to me.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Well sometimes facebook is accurate, but I don`t always trust the source. :)

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, Glen Sather has the final word in this, but I would not go that far to consider a new GM.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Av will almost for sure be fired in the off-season. Gorton had the chance to talk about ave future and he refused to go beyond this season...cms give the old..he's our coach forever rah rah crap all the time...but Gorton was like..we like av..we have faith in av...but I can't answer that now (regarding his future)

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
AV qualifies as a "familiar face" mentioned in the official memorandum. If we continue to put out an on-ice product as bad as it has been, he doesn't make it to the end of the season. Losing is one thing. Losing badly every game is the end.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden

How a coach that has an excellent goaltender doesn't have in his vocabulary to play a more conservative and simple hockey to grind out wins when necessary, is enough for me to conclude that Vigneault is not the right coach for NYR anymore, in any way.

He produced a great, opportunistic offense, but when the cost is a horrible defense and non-existant neutral play, an inability to coach in game and an inability to adapt to his stubborn strategy; this won't do. Especially to add his weird treatment of players.

Even if the team is riddled with injuries, they should in no way be so owned when they have Lundqvist. Period. THAT is on the coach.

Adaption should be a coaching quality. It doesn't exist in Vigneault's mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad