Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

Every goal the Sens scored had an open passing option. It's the system. Teams adapted. Look at the spread, they send the D in to be that open option, while the Rangers "press" after the puck left the area. Clean, clear slot shots.

Add in that a bunch of guys miss their checks (DD was horrible yesterday), three guys stare at the puck carrier while two guys on the other side get open....

AV's parting gift will be a (2?) year long vacation where he's making $4M per. Plenty of bubble gum chewing time.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I didn't see the game but according to the Post, Hayes started the game on the 4th line wing?

Does AV have a clue what he's doing? I've about had it with this clown.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Every goal the Sens scored had an open passing option. It's the system. Teams adapted. Look at the spread, they send the D in to be that open option, while the Rangers "press" after the puck left the area. Clean, clear slot shots.

Add in that a bunch of guys miss their checks (DD was horrible yesterday), three guys stare at the puck carrier while two guys on the other side get open....

AV's parting gift will be a (2?) year long vacation where he's making $4M per. Plenty of bubble gum chewing time.
Oh trust me I know. Worst part is that they leave the weak side point open for guys to completely wind up and release howitzers on Hank. The constant movement is just easy to exploit, and there's such minimal margins for error in today's NHL. It's still possible to play structured, up-tempo hockey. His off-the-rush schemes don't have to be altered as long as they can fix the in-zone defense and north-south transition.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Oh trust me I know. Worst part is that they leave the weak side point open for guys to completely wind up and release howitzers on Hank. The constant movement is just easy to exploit, and there's such minimal margins for error in today's NHL. It's still possible to play structured, up-tempo hockey. His off-the-rush schemes don't have to be altered as long as they can fix the in-zone defense and north-south transition.

Yeah and it's patience sometimes that helps the transition. Just wait it out in coverage to keep the cross pass option from opening up lanes.

If you look at Gallant and why he's so successful in Vegas... he runs a very good d-zone system. He did it the year FLA was good before their "visionaries" came and changed the structure and personnel around. Once that happened, you have open season on the goaltending.

Rangers got away with it the first two years because there was greater depth, smarter players who switched with coverage, and the East wasn't used to the system. Once they adjust and you don't you get the breakdowns.

Same with Boucher. 1-3-1 in three zones worked marvelously for Tampa in 2011 and OTT in 2017 but it came crashing down after teams adjusted.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I really think the other teams adjusting is overstated. The problems have more to do with the overall erosion of the team. Particularly in their skating ability.
Counter-argument: then it's up to AV to adjust his tactics.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Not much AV can do at the moment except the system which he should change a bit - especially the defensive system. And they should try to get more puck possession so they don`t get exhausted to chase the puck all the time when passes don`t connect properly. But we had 40 SOG, so we lack finishing too - no doubts about that.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
How many odd man rushes? How many uncovered players? It's disgusting. If you're playing with a less talented team then you have to simplify things - especially defensively.

I don't expect the team to win a whole lot, but they shouldn't keep losing games in this fashion. It's not good for the young D, the goalies, or the team. AV needs to GTFO.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
You can choose to believe whatever, but an account ran by the former Full Tilt blog doesn’t seem like the best source of info

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
They have 3 days until the next game. It is as good a time as ever to start dealing.

Full Tilt has had some minor credibility before. But they brought on NHLRumorsDaily and they are lulz worthy.

I thought Tony fully got out of blogging.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
They have 3 days until the next game. It is as good a time as ever to start dealing.

Full Tilt has had some minor credibility before. But they brought on NHLRumorsDaily and they are lulz worthy.

I’m pretty sure Tony is out

He gave the blog to some folks who were writing for him and they rebranded

At least I think that’s the story

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

I too love hiring a kid that was 14 at the time he started “breaking” news. Amazing that these shmoes actually have a following

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I too love hiring a kid that was 14 at the time he started “breaking” news. Amazing that these shmoes actually have a following
He was so sure Vesey wasn’t signing with us, and then got all upset when he signed

And he’s apparently a Rangers fan. Like how can you be upset haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad