Player Discussion Alain Vigneault Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Me thinks that AV is aware of defensive shortcomings of his system and probably acknowledges the additional exposure it creates. His thinking goes something like this: "Hey, I got elite goaltender so this exposure is mitigated".

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Me thinks that AV is aware of defensive shortcomings of his system and probably acknowledges the additional exposure it creates. His thinking goes something like this: "Hey, I got elite goaltender so this exposure is mitigated".

So if you asked AV “have you noticed the D sucks”, he might answer you “no shit!” And not start badgering you with his spiteful Russian Bias?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Anyone else listen to AV on the postgame today? He was doing a retrospective on his career in Montreal, Vancouver, and his time here, justifying his coaching style. It sounded like he was making his case, that he can only coach the team he has has. He was claiming that he was good at developing young players and said he expects to keep doing the same next year.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Brooksie hits the nail on the head in his latest article about the Rangers under Vigneault. Here’s the best snippet and most relevant issue

“The Rangers have become a passive group since Martin St. Louis’ retirement following 2014-15. They have become a walk-in-the-park opponent, forever turning the other cheek, much in the image of their whistle-to-whistle coach, instead of seeking to take an eye for an eye.
The night of Feb. 3 in Nashville, when both Marc Staal and Jimmy Vesey were targeted by head shots without a response, served as an example of the issues stirring since at least the 2015 conference final, when Vigneault chastised Chris Kreider for stepping up for Ryan McDonagh”.

Not enough toughness. Go ahead and mock it if you want but being intimidating and ocassionaly dirty still has a place in hockey

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Anyone else listen to AV on the postgame today? He was doing a retrospective on his career in Montreal, Vancouver, and his time here, justifying his coaching style. It sounded like he was making his case, that he can only coach the team he has has. He was claiming that he was good at developing young players and said he expects to keep doing the same next year.
Where can I listen to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->