GDT: "After The Weeknd" | Oilers @ Wild | 6 PM MT | TV: SNW | Radio: 630 CHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
If the Oilers are going to go with the narrative of "Well there's no way we can be THIS bad next year!" and don't plan on firing anyone in management or coaching, could they at least do me a solid and fire the Michaels/Stauffer radio tandem? It's simply excruciating listening to these slobs.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
McDavid can't get too complacent here. He's not that far ahead in the hunt and they'll only have two games after this...

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Takeaways from the first two periods -

Larsson has taken a new job as Parise's personal *****.

A powerplay by the Oilers doesn't phase anybody.

Cammalleri is the Oiler most interested in playing hockey tonight.

Slepyshev has a decent shot, just don't ask him to shoot when the net is empty.

A truly pitiful display.
There's a scary thought.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
I wouldn't really judge any player on this team based on the past month, everyone is checked out and simply doesn't care anymore.

Reactions: Duke74

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This is mindnumbingly horrible hockey, from both teams. McDavid has pretty much phoned it in once he had the scoring title won (not unexpected) so with him playing down to the level of the rest of the team, it makes for awful hockey. Can't take too much from these games, nobody is trying.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
He is probaly doing it to show Katz look what Chia gave me to ice
Not sure he is. If so that's a terrible strategy. Our pp is worst in the league while having last years art ross winner and the leader at the moment.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Probably for the best, lose out for the last 3 and maybe move up a notch or two in the draft. At least there is something positive in it.

Well, I wonder if somewhere Katz is watching this or if he too has tuned out completely and is watching Netfix the way I am? He must be wondering, where did I go right?

Katz is lounging in his 24,000 sq ft den on top of posters of young 80's Oilers players while gazing through modelmayhem profiles.

He's got better things to do that worry about trivial things like the Oilers.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If the Oilers are going to go with the narrative of "Well there's no way we can be THIS bad next year!" and don't plan on firing anyone in management or coaching, could they at least do me a solid and fire the Michaels/Stauffer radio tandem? It's simply excruciating listening to these slobs.
Jack Michaels' commentary is 4% game action and 96% irrelevant stories. I hate being in my car when a game on because I have no clue what's happening.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I wouldn't really judge any player on this team based on the past month, everyone is checked out and simply doesn't care anymore.

Unfortunately we’ve been out of the playoffs since before Christmas so the games haven’t mattered. So when are we supposed to judge them?

If they can’t be bothered to make it to any important games with some effort, then they’ll never show how they play in important games.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Quite a few games he hasn’t had his legs and loooks like he’s skating through mud. He also seems to exert too much energy at times to the point where he gets so tired he gives away the puck or falls over lol makes me question his cardio at times
Could be playing through a nagging injury.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Unfortunately we’ve been out of the playoffs since before Christmas so the games haven’t mattered. So when are we supposed to judge them?

If they can’t be bothered to make it to any important games with some effort, then they’ll never show how they play in important games.

Even though the Oilers were losing, they were playing much better before March. Even though they had a winning stretch before this recent losing stretch, it was still poor hockey. Can't really make an evaluation based on this recent stretch of games. The only players that should be evaluated are the bubble players who need contracts for next season (Rattie, Aberg, Cagguila) and it none of them look all that promising.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
What a loser team. You would think Mcdavid would have a bit of pride and want to finish strong but i guess he thinks he has the artross wrapped up lol two big games by other guys and Mcdavid loses art ross. Very sad to see him whimper the last few games away. For sure no MVP for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad