Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Did you make it? 1 o'clock landing is cutting it close.
I did but yeah not much time in the end, had to rush from the hotel to the arena. Love the location and the amount of space on the lower levels. My seat is in C109 so very happy with that too. Interesting setup with the middle section and the elevators but I like it, very nice arena!

1--1 DBB tied from a nice TFW pass on the PP.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Two takeaways and we lead 3-1, Pearson and TFW. Give up one after.

DBB showing some skill here. Him and Jiricek (offense, not defense) my most notable players live. PK incoming...

Edit: 3-3. This will be a nailbiter.
Edit 2: Lucky to get to OT after getting a penalty late. Shots 35-18 Rochester who have been pressuring.
Edit 3: Rochester wins 4-3 OT. Quick work after a turnover.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
One name to keep in mind as Miami University seeks a coach to restore its program to prominence: Trent Vogelhuber, currently coach of the Blue Jackets’ AHL affiliate in Cleveland. Miami fired Chris Bergeron after five seasons that saw only 35 wins and an 18-91-11 record in the National Collegiate Hockey Conference. Vogelhuber spent four seasons with and played 149 games for the RedHawks from 2008-12 before a six-year pro career that was cut short by knee injuries. He’s seen as an up-and-coming coach in the pro ranks but may have a decision to make in the coming weeks if his alma mater comes calling. Something else to consider: The Blue Jackets, with a new GM on the way, might not be seen as the most stable place for coaches.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I honestly think the team is, for some reason, on bad terms with the officials.
I agree. I think they complain a little too much. I don't like to rip on refs, but they were letting the teams play all game, and then started calling things they were letting go all game late in the 3rd. Still didn't cost them the game though, the Monsters seem to get penalties at the worst possible times to ruin otherwise good games.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Forward lines from Saturday;s games held with Nolan Walker rotating in with the second line and Cameron Butler joining the fourth line

Yesterday's D pairings are pretty moot now with Christiansen's return

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Monsters finally end slide. 3-0 shutout for Cajan. Almost added a goal as he missed by inches at the empty net. Magic number gets a little smaller.
Cajan was in Cincinnati-as you probably know-for a bit. Looked real good. His numbers don't mean much with the Cyclones as they are a horrific defensive team.

Ole Bjorgvik-Holm who is on an ELC with the Jackets has been in Cincinnati all season other than a few games in Cleveland. He's got good size which he uses at times and skates well, but I'm afraid it's been a wasted year for him in terms of development. The Cyclones coaching staff is pretty atrocious in terms of defensive systems. In all honesty, it's hard to say if they really have a defensive system. Hopefully OBH can get with a decent coaching staff next season and start developing as he'll be 22 next year.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Cajan was in Cincinnati-as you probably know-for a bit. Looked real good. His numbers don't mean much with the Cyclones as they are a horrific defensive team.

I think he has improved quite a bit. We used to get nervous when he would play, but not anymore. He is a solid backup right now.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Ole Bjorgvik-Holm who is on an ELC with the Jackets has been in Cincinnati all season other than a few games in Cleveland. He's got good size which he uses at times and skates well, but I'm afraid it's been a wasted year for him in terms of development. The Cyclones coaching staff is pretty atrocious in terms of defensive systems. In all honesty, it's hard to say if they really have a defensive system. Hopefully OBH can get with a decent coaching staff next season and start developing as he'll be 22 next year.

I didn't know OBH was in Cincinnati. I wonder if he wouldn't be better off loaned to a European club, we'd still hold his rights.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I didn't know OBH was in Cincinnati. I wonder if he wouldn't be better off loaned to a European club, we'd still hold his rights.
Definitely. The Cyclones-which were part of the development of Danforth, MacKenzie Weegar, and UPL (goalie Buffalo)-are not the team I'd send a defenseman to get better at this point in time.

OBH doesn't allow the odd man rushes against that many D on the team do. He'll get involved with the offensive game but does it responsibly. If the CBJ think that he's got any chance to become an NHLer then they need to move him out of Cincinnati.

Our coach doesn't even put him on PP1 often times so he's not getting that experience either.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Definitely. The Cyclones-which were part of the development of Danforth, MacKenzie Weegar, and UPL (goalie Buffalo)-are not the team I'd send a defenseman to get better at this point in time.

OBH doesn't allow the odd man rushes against that many D on the team do. He'll get involved with the offensive game but does it responsibly. If the CBJ think that he's got any chance to become an NHLer then they need to move him out of Cincinnati.

Our coach doesn't even put him on PP1 often times so he's not getting that experience either.

OBH always profiled as a shutdown guy. Our reports from Cleveland were that he was pretty solid defensively even as an 18 year old. But zero offensive upside.

We still need cheap shutdown options. I don't mind that he isn't on the PP, I would just like him to be facing more skilled opponents than the ECHL can supply.

Unironically the messiness of the ECHL might actually be good training for being a Blue Jacket. Your teammates aren't doing their jobs? Get used to it.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
3 pts in the 2nd period for LDDB in the clinching win.

Can someone please tell the person cutting the AHL clips to stop cutting out the assists. Some of the goals they just show the shot and celebration over and over again without showing the assists.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
3 pts in the 2nd period for LDDB in the clinching win.

Can someone please tell the person cutting the AHL clips to stop cutting out the assists. Some of the goals they just show the shot and celebration over and over again without showing the assists.

It's minor league. I wish they would, too. The people they had back when we started going did a good job, since then its been a mess, although, if you can believe it, it has improved from a few seasons ago, when it was awful.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
CBJ broadcast just said Gaunce is hurt and won’t be ready for the AHL playoffs. Doesn’t sound like Meyer will either.

Yeesh

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Owen Sillinger doesn't mess around. Game decided, words exchanged, Sillinger calling a guy out to fight. Laval player trying to skate away, finally gives in and proceeds to get beat up. Sillinger does fight well.

Matteau starts it by knocking the goalie on his can. Unfortuneately the only entertaining part of a 5-1 loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad