Joe Pavelski is ageless

TopShelfYzerman

Gm 7 Double OT
Jan 3, 2011
USA
www.youtube.com
Hasn’t missed a regular season game since before the Covid shutdown. Among the five with a longer active consecutive games played streak are fellow American and Dallas Star Ryan Suter and fellow ex-Shark Brent Burns- all 39 years old.
Brent burns , Pavelksi and long time iron man, Marleau, all with huge iron man streaks, wonder whats in the water in San Jose

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Most players that still produce in late 30s tend to fall of a cliff rather instantly at some point. The same thing happen to Patrick Marleau. I think JoeP might last longer though as his game doesn’t really rely on speed and as long he can stay healthy as he ages he can still be effective in his 40s.
While Marleau definitely slowed down as he aged, it was his hands that ultimately killed his effectiveness. They disappeared after that last season in TOR

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Most players that still produce in late 30s tend to fall of a cliff rather instantly at some point. The same thing happen to Patrick Marleau. I think JoeP might last longer though as his game doesn’t really rely on speed and as long he can stay healthy as he ages he can still be effective in his 40s.
I remember saying that about Thornton and he completely dove off a cliff sooner than Pavelski, granted he did have 2 blown knees and he played center. The ironic thing about Marleau is we always thought his speed was going to go and destroy his game, but it was his hands. He had his speed until the end.

I'm wondering what effect Hintz has on this equation? All he does is play major plus PPG hockey as a 1C, while being on nobody's list as one of the top 1Cs.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If he plays till he’s 50, scoring 20-30 goals a year, he’ll be comfortably top 10 all time in goals. I say he goes for it
And he only needs to play until he's 60 at a 25 goals a year to hit 1000 goals.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I don't think Cody Eakin would agree with you.

All depth. No Stars. Honestly surprised they don't have anyone over 70 points atm.

Dallas somehow has the most 20-goal scorers in the league, with six.....but not one of em's hit 30 yet. It really is something. :laugh:

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
The hockey Benjamin Button. The guy's whole career curve is in reverse.

Reactions: Voight

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The guy works out, he runs, eats very well and is a lean machine. Even at Joe's age he's probably one of the most fit players in the NHL.

When you're in shape as a hockey player you can easily play another five seasons.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
giphy.webp

Is he ageless or 39?
No.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I remember saying that about Thornton and he completely dove off a cliff sooner than Pavelski, granted he did have 2 blown knees and he played center. The ironic thing about Marleau is we always thought his speed was going to go and destroy his game, but it was his hands. He had his speed until the end.

I'm wondering what effect Hintz has on this equation? All he does is play major plus PPG hockey as a 1C, while being on nobody's list as one of the top 1Cs.
Out of all of the older SJ Sharks to get signed and paid, it had to be Pavs who has aged the best. the one Wilson didn't sign.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
how many injuries did he sustain over his career? was he lucky or just puts a lot of work to play hockey?

DRW895

Dec 29, 2021
0+0 in 4 post season games, Stars depth suprisingly haven`t helped yet

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
Aging stars who go 0+0 in 4 games are supposed to get shit on ‘round these parts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad