Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters off to a good start after the 4-1 loss last night. Jiricek with the turnover on the PP that leads to a shorty against. Down 1-0.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Poor defence and lack of offence take down Monsters 5-2. Syracuse win tonight knocks them out of first.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Sorry for not posting this earlier, but I've been busy with baseball coverage this week:

Injury report from Monday's practice:
- Matteau and Blankenburg participated fully
- Dunne did early work on the opposite rink in a non-contact jersey (Monsters practice at a two-rink complex and rent both for their practices)

Last edited:

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
How has Corson Ceulemans been looking? Do you think he would be ready for the occasional call-up next or does he need more time?

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
He's been healthy scratched a few times. That seems far from a call-up.

By the way, the forward corps is so shorthanded right now that I have less than zero idea re: lines.

Reactions: Aaaarrgghh

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Nice win. Missing our guys as we only managed 17 shots. Defense and goaltending is how it has to be. Greaves with 32 saves on 34 shots.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
After going with 11 forwards and 7 dmen last night, going with 10 and 8 tonight. Matteau back out after one game, McKown and DBB out also. Picked up a couple new guys. Will be interesting going with 3 lines the whole game. Currently 1-1. Subban getting his first start.

Make that 2-1 Wilkes-Barrie. Kind of interesting seeing how they respond to the adversity.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
After going with 11 forwards and 7 dmen last night, going with 10 and 8 tonight. Matteau back out after one game, McKown and DBB out also. Picked up a couple new guys. Will be interesting going with 3 lines the whole game. Currently 1-1. Subban getting his first start.

Make that 2-1 Wilkes-Barrie. Kind of interesting seeing how they respond to the adversity.
Would appear they did not respond, atleast on the scoresheet. Speaking of the scoresheet its interesting to see Cleveland get 3 misconducts after that last goal

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Would appear they did not respond, atleast on the scoresheet. Speaking of the scoresheet its interesting to see Cleveland get 3 misconducts after that last goal
I left before that happened so I'm not sure what happened there. They hung in for a while, and came out strong in the third, but just couldn't tie it up. i gave it a few minutes after it was 4-2 and left a little bit after Malatesta's fight. He seems always ready to drop the gloves, and is a quite capable fighter.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
No 5-on-5 drills today, so I couldn't figure out lines, but here's an injury report:

Blankenburg and Dunne participated fully
McKown and Bjorgvik-Holm did early work in non-contact jerseys
Bjork did not skate

Last edited:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
So after an ordeal with StubHub, I've finally got a proper ticket and will be attending the Monsters game against the Americans on Saturday 30th. Yay!

If any of you regular Monsters fans are attending the game and having a drink or two or food before or after the game, let me know if you're around and I'll try to come say hi. My flight's landing at 1 PM and I leave to Columbus on Sunday morning, so this is a one-time offer. :D

Anyhow super excited and looking forward to the game!

So far I've jinxed and lost all the games I've attended on my trip (atVGK, atARI, NYR@COL) and looks like I permanently jinxed the Denver Nuggets who have started a losing streak since I attended the first loss game, but it has to change at some point and I guess the Monsters are already on a losing streak so...

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
So after an ordeal with StubHub, I've finally got a proper ticket and will be attending the Monsters game against the Americans on Saturday 30th. Yay!

If any of you regular Monsters fans are attending the game and having a drink or two or food before or after the game, let me know if you're around and I'll try to come say hi. My flight's landing at 1 PM and I leave to Columbus on Sunday morning, so this is a one-time offer. :D

Anyhow super excited and looking forward to the game!

So far I've jinxed and lost all the games I've attended on my trip (atVGK, atARI, NYR@COL) and looks like I permanently jinxed the Denver Nuggets who have started a losing streak since I attended the first loss game, but it has to change at some point and I guess the Monsters are already on a losing streak so...
Did you make it? 1 o'clock landing is cutting it close.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Dunne and Blankenburg back in. Rochester up 1-0. 2 on 1, as soon as Jiricek committed to the shooter, the pass went to the open guy, easy goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad