Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
When players come down it.
Yep. Other than Greaves, really not much NHL quality coming from here. Just sucks the injury crap that has been happening in Columbus is hitting those guys. Going on hockey reference and seeing the injury list compared to most of the other teams is a bummer.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The good news is for the last 3 games of Cleveland’s season, barring injury, they will get back Blankenburg, Jiricek, Greaves, Subban, Pyythia, TFW, Malatesta, and if they get healthy Gaunce and Meyer.

Will have a few days and games to get acclimated and hopefully help Cleveland move up in the standings if possible

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters win in OT 3-2. Svozil with the game winner, his 2nd of the night. Still have a slim chance to take the division, but I just want to stay in the top 3 so they don't have to go to the play in round. Greaves with 28 saves on 30 shots.

Rochester entered the 3rd with a 2-1 lead. Coming into this game they were 25-0-0-1 when leading after 2. Good win for the Monsters who finish up with 2 in Toronto. A win tomorrow will guarantee a top 3 finish in the division. Marlies can pass them if they sweep due to regulation wins.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Monsters win in OT 3-2. Svozil with the game winner, his 2nd of the night. Still have a slim chance to take the division, but I just want to stay in the top 3 so they don't have to go to the play in round. Greaves with 28 saves on 30 shots.

Rochester entered the 3rd with a 2-1 lead. Coming into this game they were 25-0-0-1 when leading after 2. Good win for the Monsters who finish up with 2 in Toronto. A win tomorrow will guarantee a top 3 finish in the division. Marlies can pass them if they sweep due to regulation wins.

Goals aside how has Svozil looked lately?

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Goals aside how has Svozil looked lately?
I honestly haven't watched him too closely. I went back a few games and watched a few of the goals that were given up with him on the ice, and really one of the four I watched he could have been a little more aggressive on to maybe stop it. He doesn't look out of place. I would say he is solid. He doesn't make me nervous when he is out there.

Last night he was paired with Jiricek, who does makes me nervous. To be fair though, Jiricek did make some nice offensive plays last night. He set up Svozil's first goal, and set up Malatesta earlier, who whiffed on an open net. He just looks very awkward at times.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

What a save and DBB way to put your body on the line for the block!

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
This 100%. It’s what noticed in that clip.

LDB is the reason that goal happened, not Svozil. And I don’t mean this to “hate” on Svozil. It’s just the mindset that has to be there. This is a PERFECT example of a defensive play directly causing a goal to happen, but, many people seemingly don’t understand this concept.

Offense isn’t hampered by “defensive play”, it’s hampered by LAZY and SOFT players.

This is the type of “buy in” you need from ALL your players. When’s the last time Gaudreau or Laine blocked a shot like that?? Busy FLOATING at the blue line. They can limp into the bank to withdrawal cash just fine.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017

Jet was solid last night. DBB made up for a couple of earlier miscues with that play as he was involved the wrong way in both Rochester goals. A turnover on the PP lead directly to the first goal, then a penalty 8 seconds into another PP ended up in a 4 on 4 goal against. I like when players make up for mistakes with solid play.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters up 2-0 midway through the 2nd. Pearson with both goals.

Matt Murray in goal for Toronto. I thought he was going to be Pittsburgh's goalie for a while after those two cups. Boy, how careers can change in just a few years.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Marlies almost pull it out. Greaves stands tall late after facing 42 shots during the game. 4-3 win. Pearson with the hat trick. Marlies are a tough team that can score, so the pressure was coming in the 3rd. No surprise there.

Monsters secure a top 3 finish to stay out of the play in round. Now have the tie breaker over Rochester I believe. Still have a shot at first if Syracuse loses tonight.

Reactions: koteka

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Sign Luca Fantilli and that’s three guys named Luca on one team. Starting to feel like that’s the only name Italian-Canadian families choose.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad