Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Previous thread can be found here

Last few posts of last thread can be quoted below:

Prospect Report: Christiansen making his mark with Monsters

Good prospect report on Christiansen: interview, random comments from Chris Clark, highlights...

Good video. He's been fun to watch, and him and Schemitsch have been a solid pair for the Monsters. Will definitely miss him if he gets called up, but that is the goal for him. I hope it works out.

how's Josh Dunne doing?

Honestly, I haven't really noticed him, good or bad. I looked him up and saw he had 5 points in 17 games so far, including an assist in their last game, which I didn't get to watch. That point snapped an 8 game pointless streak, which probably had something to do with not noticing him. I'll try to watch him Friday when we go. He is kind of like how Stenlund would get sometimes, the 2nd or 3rd period would roll around and I would see him and be like, I didn't know he was playing tonight. You start paying attention to others and just don't notice him.

Monsters down 4-0 to Milwaukee. Everybody doesn't look good. Berube pulled for Greeves. Bemstrum not really noticable.

Watching Greaves go through his routine before the period starts reminds me how much I love how each goalie has their thing and its always the same routine every time.

Why did they put Bemstrom on the third line?

My buddy used to say if he ever did a doctoral dissertation it was going to be on pre-play rituals of hockey goalies.

Don't know, was kind of wondering myself. He was with Heluka and Dunne. He did play the power play though. If I had to guess, it was probably to get him used to playing after being off so long. Probably didn't want to rush him in. Maybe he will get more time tomorrow.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Already given up 3 goals in the last of b2b against Milwaukee, the team with 3rd worst record in the league. But good news is at least TFW and Bemstrom scored so now they're down by only one goal, 3-2 the score.

Reactions: majormajor

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Monster beatdown in progress. Up 5-0 on Syracuse.

EDIT: Hey, guess what. Possible Monster choke job in progress. Now 5-3. Sweezey ejected for a hit to the head, giving the Crunch a long power play.

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters just scored. They have 6 goals on just 12 shots.

Edit: Helewka with the hat trick, 8-3 Monsters. Only 16 shots on goal.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
How’s Foudy been playing, seems to be a forgotten kid around here

Reactions: VT

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I haven’t seen the Monsters play, but looking at the stats

upload_2021-12-11_8-15-7.jpeg

upload_2021-12-11_8-15-54.jpeg

it looks like Angle had a really high shooting percentage last season and has a really low shooting percentage this season. Angle seems to be getting the same number of assists and Foudy seems to be scoring at about the same rate. But Angle’s goals have really dropped off, and (possibly as a result) Foudy is getting a lot fewer assists.

Can one of you Cleveland guys comment on this? Are they still playing together? Is Angle just having bad luck?

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Monsters lost to Lehigh Valley, currently the worst team in the AHL, 4-2. :(

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I remember a few seasons ago the Jackets scored a goal that was challenged for going off an official and in the net. Never knew that was a rule that it didn't count if it hit an official. Finally saw it happen as Utica shot the puck in our zone, hit the official and went in as Tarasov was out of the net to play it.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
How’s Foudy been playing, seems to be a forgotten kid around here
So strange how the Monsters social media crew seems to make highlight videos bad on purpose, for instance look at the Stenlund goal from their last game:

What is completely missing on the video is Foudy's highlight worthy cut back -move he does around the defender before driving to net.

I have not forgotten him. Though have only seen one Monsters game this season, I still remember him being quite promising in preseason games. Based on those performances, imo he can realistically grow into a very useful, mid 6 two-way forward in NHL.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So strange how the Monsters social media crew seems to make highlight videos bad on purpose, for instance look at the Stenlund goal from their last game:

I always got the sense that they gave the task to someone who isn't a hockey fan.

Reactions: koteka

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017

What is completely missing on the video is Foudy's highlight worthy cut back -move he does around the defender before driving to net.

I have not forgotten him. Though have only seen one Monsters game this season, I still remember him being quite promising in preseason games. Based on those performances, imo he can realistically grow into a very useful, mid 6 two-way forward in NHL.

The Monsters were lucky the ref was positioned where he was. From that angle you could clearly see the puck was loose. Had he been on the other side, he may have blown it dead. It was a tough loss, taking the lead with a minute and a half remaining, then never really getting a chance the rest of the game and overtime. The slashing penalty to Stenlund was weak, and shouldn't have been called at that point in the game. The replay showed him getting the stick in the guys hands, but that didn't cause his stick to come out. As the guy started up the ice, his stick hit a skate in front of him, and he lost his stick. It happened so quick the ref just missed it. That pretty much ended it as they were shorthanded for overtime. It also sucked letting a guy named Fabian get the tying and winning goal. At least he didn't sing after the goals.

Reactions: tunnelvision

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
It seems all today's AHL games will be free to watch on AHLTV. Monsters game against Rockford will start at 7 PM EST, one hour later than the Jackets game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad