Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We could have Jiricek down there QBing the powerplay and working on all of his weaknesses, or we could have him up in the NHL in survival mode. Easy choice.

Reactions: thebus88 and Doggy

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters lose 4-2. Got one too many penalties. Maybe if we only got 7 penalties. Good game to watch though.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Jiricek draws in tonight playing on top PP, which has a goal. Rough start has them down 2-1. Hartford is much faster than us, but we have played them well. Only up 2 points in the standings and Syracuse is up in their game. Worst case they end up tied, hopefully they turn it around and Syracuse takes a loss.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters drop another 3-2. Another good game though. Both games were entertaining, just couldn't get a lead at all. Syracuse lost, so the still hold on to first, but they need to pull out these close games.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
PP looked all out of sorts there. Jiricek bombs always cause excitement though. Looks like his aggressive self but got hit pretty good a few minutes ago, got outmuscled. Is he usually paired with Bjork or was that just who happened to be on the ice when I turned the game on?

haha Terry dodged a hit and then jumped Ahcan. This after a Chicago player grabbed someone by the neck at the bench causing the last PP. Could be some fireworks. AHL refs suck just as much as NHL refs I see

Goal against caused by Jiricek. Tried to be cute and play the opponents stick instead of the puck along the boards and turned it over. He knew it too

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Pretty poor showing for a team trying to stay in first. No one was good in this one. Greaves was for a while, but just no help up front. Lucky for them Syracuse lost. Weak effort.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Pretty poor showing for a team trying to stay in first. No one was good in this one. Greaves was for a while, but just no help up front. Lucky for them Syracuse lost. Weak effort.
Think I heard them say Greaves had 11 straight starts. Seems excessive

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Think I heard them say Greaves had 11 straight starts. Seems excessive
He was supposed to have an off game last weekend but I think Cajan was sick because they had the emergency goalie on the bench. They did have a bunch of off days as they have been playing mostly Friday and Saturday games. They have had only two weekday games in the last month. I am pretty sure Cajan will get the net tomorrow, as it is a 1:00 game.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Jiricek with another from closer in. Whatever he said to himself during official timeouts last night seems to have worked. 5-0 halfway thru 2nd.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yeah very encouraging to see him go from 0 shots and just plain bad last night to multiple shots and goals today. Man I wish AHLtv wasnt so stupidly priced

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad