Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Yeah very encouraging to see him go from 0 shots and just plain bad last night to multiple shots and goals today. Man I wish AHLtv wasnt so stupidly priced
He was pretty hard on himself last night. His game is much better today. He did turnover the puck trying to be a little too fancy that led to a chance just before his second goal. That was the only bad thing I've seen today. 7-0 now. Ex-Jacket Kieth Kinkaid having a day.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Didn't see this posted yet found is fascinating and maybe the CBJ crew could take some hints

It’s great reading about Cleveland’s strong support for the Monsters. Congratulations to the fans and the team!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
It’s great reading about Cleveland’s strong support for the Monsters. Congratulations to the fans and the team!
Maybe they should be an NHL expansion team rather than Cincy ;) Dan Gilbert is a HUGE hockey fan and believe he has always wanted to own one. We know there is a turn-key arena ready to go.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Maybe they should be an NHL expansion team rather than Cincy ;) Dan Gilbert is a HUGE hockey fan and believe he has always wanted to own one. We know there is a turn-key arena ready to go.
I mean, they almost averaged more than AZ in 21, and have been over doubling AZ attendance the last two seasons...( Yes I know they are in a college stadium)

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Related anecdote: Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse answered my email about ticketing. Nationwide/Jackets did not answer my email about bringing a pocket camera to the games.

I guess I'm starting to see what you folks mean.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse has a much better scoreboard than Nationwide as well too.
Every time I go into RMFH for a Monsters game and see that video board I am blown away and realize how dated Nationwide's arena is. Was at MSG earlier this season and they have a video board that's similar to RMFH. I would not be surprised if more than half the league has that video board.

There is also the projections down on to the ice. We saw that when we went to Montreal. I have seen it on TV in Vegas and Seattle. That is freaking awesome as well.

I know Columbus is a smaller market but hey, at least we have pizza box and t-shirt tosses (eye roll).

Attachments

• VGK-projection-image.jpg
    VGK-projection-image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 4

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse has a much better scoreboard than Nationwide as well too.
Nationwide video boards are 25 x 16
Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse side video boards are 56.7 x 31.5 (end zone video boards are 33 x 30)

Even the smaller end zone video boards at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse are substantially bigger than Nationwide's boards. And the RMFH video board is ten years old. It's kind of embarrassing.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Nationwide video boards are 25 x 16
Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse side video boards are 56.7 x 31.5 (end zone video boards are 33 x 30)

Even the smaller end zone video boards at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse are substantially bigger than Nationwide's boards. And the RMFH video board is ten years old. It's kind of embarrassing.
Nationwide has got to be about the same age. I don't remember when they last replaced it. I think it was actually originally smaller to be honest.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
well that was a goofy goal but good play by TFW on the PP. PP earned by Jiriceks face and aggression

Nice rush by Knazko paired with some luck

This team can score in bunches

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Jiricek gets 2 minutes for being pushed onto Greaves by Sourdif, getting up and grabbing him and then getting punched a couple times as the linesman was in between them :laugh:. Showed some emotion but clearly some game management going on, maybe piss him off a bit. Id like to see him actually pissed off.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Jiricek gets 2 minutes for being pushed onto Greaves by Sourdif, getting up and grabbing him and then getting punched a couple times as the linesman was in between them :laugh:. Showed some emotion but clearly some game management going on, maybe piss him off a bit. Id like to see him actually pissed off.

We gotta teach him. If you're going to take a penalty, get your money's worth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad