Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Is Greaves looking better than Tarasov?
Tarasov has looked good in his games. Better than the past, but at only four games, it's hard to tell if he can be good consistently. It looks promising though.

Greaves has had a few tough games, but overall has been very good.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I wanted to post my video of KJ91, LDBB, Jake Christiansen and some guy named Cole Clayton playing pickleball on the ice (Thursday night was "Pickle in the Land" night). Pickleball is hard enough on a hardcourt, forget strapping on skates and playing on ice!

However, I don't think there is a way to post a video from my personal library.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Omitting the lines (other than to say that Pearson was on the top line) as the practice occurred before Gaunce's call-up, but I have a pair of injury updates from today's practice:

Dunne participated fully
McKown was out there early in a non-contact jersey

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

He obviously has the AHL talent but he sort of gives me the Phil Kessel "hangs out at the taco bar" a little too long vibes. He clearly didn't do himself any favors last season getting sent down because he overslept.

Is he ever going to put it together and be an NHL player? Is he going to be a Jonathan Marchessault guy who finally gets the kick in the *ss with a different organization?

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

He obviously has the AHL talent but he sort of gives me the Phil Kessel "hangs out at the taco bar" a little too long vibes. He clearly didn't do himself any favors last season getting sent down because he overslept.

Is he ever going to put it together and be an NHL player? Is he going to be a Jonathan Marchessault guy who finally gets the kick in the *ss with a different organization?

I tend to think Trey is a passionate player. Dedicated people can still oversleep sometimes.

His big problem is that he's barely 5 and half feet tall, and has very limited reach out there. The puck whizzes around him when we don't have it and coaches don't want that out there. Trey looks amazing on the AHL PP, maybe the best PP player in that whole league, so I'd like to see him get a longer look on an NHL PP (presumably with a different club that has a vacancy there). But I'm certain that he's not an NHLer in this organization.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters beat Utica 3-2. After getting crap from Utica and getting a 10 minute misconduct, Carson Meyer gets the game winner and jaws at the Utica goalie and bench after the goal. Fifth straight win going into the break, five points up on Syracuse for first place. TFW gets an assist to become the all time points leader for the Monsters. Needs an assist to lead that catagory also.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Not sure if my math is correct, but I believe that picking up one more point or Syracuse dropping one more before the new year guarantees Vogelhuber as the North Division coach in the All-Star Game.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
How is Ceulemans playing? Any growth to report?
He's been fine the last bunch of games. Haven't noticed him out of position, and made a couple nice defensive plays tonight. He holds his own in this league. His goal was a nice top corner shot. No assist on the play, but Meyer cleared out a Marlie to open him up for a clean shot.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
He's been fine the last bunch of games. Haven't noticed him out of position, and made a couple nice defensive plays tonight. He holds his own in this league. His goal was a nice top corner shot. No assist on the play, but Meyer cleared out a Marlie to open him up for a clean shot.
Has he been making many offensive plays and skating with the puck, Or just kind of focusing on trying to play with some structure?

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Got home early from work....and would you look at that, the Monsters game is on TV!
Never get to see them, but they're playing the Marlies so it's local.
0-0 after the first

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Got home early from work....and would you look at that, the Monsters game is on TV!
Never get to see them, but they're playing the Marlies so it's local.
0-0 after the first
Yeah, its an oddball time today. They are playing better than the other day, but I've had enough of the penalties. 1-1 near the end of 2. Meyer with the Monsters goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad