Prospect Info: Adam Mascherin (2016, #38 overall, UP: Re-enters draft), Kitchener Rangers (OHL)

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
But i think RainingRats hit the Point, with the Result of the current Season. He might think he will be NHL ready and need a secure spot to start.
When the GM of this Team says in a TV interview, he already things about add an other Prospect on the Team before the Season is ending. How high could be the chance you get a Spot on the NHL Roster.

He might has a Point there. On the other Side of the Medal, if these Tweet says the truth, he official says he don´t want to earn this Spot. He says im so good, present me the Spot.
And then don´t await he get traded to a bad Team, no GM will destroy a Career, cause a Player says he dont wanna sign. They might search for the best option, for him and Teams interested in him.

More Questable could be the return for him. Panthers not really into Picks we still have picks and a few Prospect. I expect more that the Panthers go after a Player or Prospect, in a possible return.

But this is all a Guessing, without official mention and i think the Organisation, have no reason for it while we in the PO race.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
yah i was hoping for debrincat on draft day but understood those risks. I was happy with drafting adam as his shot was lethal even then..

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Well, hope....he busts.

Hope? Short. Poor skater. Big drop off in production from regular season to playoffs. Regressed offensively from last year to this year in the juniors.

What do you think?

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Obviously it sucks that he is demanding out, and i think its a dumb move on his part. But I'm not sold he is going to make it

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Disagree with you there. Skating is average, but when you have a chance to add a shot like that to your prospect pool, you do it. And the Panthers tried hard to do it, but Mascherin didn't want to sign.

He’s below average for Jrs, he improved his lateral skating this season but speed and explosiveness leaves a lot to be desired. Personally I think that gap is wide enough it isn’t something that can be fixed.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Most of the time these guys who try to take an easy route somewhere else end up being nothing special.

Never was a big fan, he would've had to be a great skater to begin with to get a spot on our current roster. Which he clearly isn't. And Vatrano is better.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Lol. I was right all along when I was the first one who suspected last season that there was something fishy going on. The calculator boys probably didn't ever check if Mascherin was even ever interested to play for Florida before drafting him.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
so you feel he doesnt like being #3-4 on the prospect depth chart... kinda lame...

That the Point of the Bomb, what all the talk about future Prospect, Borgstrom, Tippet, Heppo, Mascherin was all the talk about after the bad Season start and we already talked about next Season. And now a Player with a good shot, saying no to the Team. Thats hurt a future Team of Top Players, on the Problem of limited Top6-Top9 Position. And that says he dont wanna play AHL.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Well, at least now we can stop worrying about his skating! Silver lining...
Just get some worth back. Even if it's just a low pick. Something.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Lol. I was right all along when I was the first one who suspected last season that there was something fishy going on. The calculator boys probably didn't ever check if Mascherin was even ever interested to play for Florida before drafting him.

I say that decision, comes more from the less Places on this Team and with what happen prior to the Camp. Maybe they tryed to talk to him, but now the Mask falling and the impact is there.
Its hard to miss that kind of shot, maybe the Vatrano deal was maybe the first real Hint what can happen. Go after a shooter while more and more comeing in. ;)

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
May 17, 2017: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...caa-europe-etc.2097557/page-30#post-132482025

There is no way Panthers are getting a second rounder. Everyone knows that Florida's hands are tied and teams could just wait to the draft and draft him once again.

But that means also, the Teams want him, must pick early to get him, if you dont have the early pick, there is a big chance other teams will add him. So Teams ranked about 15 and under might willed to give up Picks for a Player you say i want him 100%.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
And this is why he's a **** face. Could have told management long ago. He didn't wake up a decide he wanted out. Prick thinks the world of himself even though he's accomplished absolutely nothing.

The Panthers needs shooting skills in the top6 but not this much if his case to leave the Panthers is to have a guaranteed spot from the get-go. Assuming that this is attitude, I'd like him to receive Jimmy Feces treatment i.e. leaving a contender to be part of a soon-to-be-rebuilder. Teams that come into my mind are the Kings, Stars, Hawks. [mod]
Edit: Habs would be an excellent choice: no direction, total tirefire mgmt, no future i.e. no #1C, no #1D. The perfect place for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Good riddance...

So much for that character Dale heh ? To say that our GM promised to this kid that he would get picked early in 2nd and then not sign...

Get out of here Mascherin, you're one lame kid... You can rot in AHL all you want, then Europe !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad