Prospect Info: Adam Mascherin (2016, #38 overall, UP: Re-enters draft), Kitchener Rangers (OHL)

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
The hate on these boards for a 19 year old kid is ridiculous. I don't know what his situation in life is like, maybe he is being greedy and wants to make more money by having a better shot at playing in the NHL, who the hell knows. But now some feel the urge to trash him because he doesn't want to sign with the team. It's his damn life, it's his damn professional career, it is his damn choice.

I was never too high on him, and like others have mentioned I feel like Vatrano makes him redundant, but holy hell, I don't wish him bad at all. Now, if Borgstrom doesn't sign I will probably break my computer...

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Maybe not an easy route but maybe an easier route? Our depth on the wing in the top 9 moving forward is pretty good. He's clearly at the bottom of the depth chart and 6,7 or even 8 players are 100% locks above him over the next two years.

The guy is just stupid. He probably just looked at the depth charts and deducted in his mind that there's no way he can be a star with this team and he has to make some moves with his agent in order to get to the big dough. Maybe he looked at Debrincat and how he's doing with the Hawks and concluded that "yeah, I want some of that". One way ticket to Montreal for this guy, pls. He'll have good company with some other dudes like Drouin who have some major attitude problems.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Reactions: BabyBarkov

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
After looking closer at it.

Good riddance. No room for u anyway.

Try and recoup an asset and hope he sucks it up on another team.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
The hate on these boards for a 19 year old kid is ridiculous. I don't know what his situation in life is like, maybe he is being greedy and wants to make more money by having a better shot at playing in the NHL, who the hell knows. But now some feel the urge to trash him because he doesn't want to sign with the team. It's his damn life, it's his damn professional career, it is his damn choice.

I was never too high on him, and like others have mentioned I feel like Vatrano makes him redundant, but holy hell, I don't wish him bad at all. Now, if Borgstrom doesn't sign I will probably break my computer...
Knocking on wood but I wouldn't worry about Borgstrom too much:
- never expressed any signs of not being happy to be here
- we have Finns, all the Finns including superhuman Barkov
- we drafted him in the first round after he wasn't drafted in 2015. If that doesn't bring loyalty, nothing does.

Regarding Mascherin, like you said it's his career but I really wish he told us earlier if this was going to be his decision. Now we have just a few weeks to move him and recoup whatever value we can. That sucks.

Reactions: Chino Oscar

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Funny that he was projected as a top 6 player for us not so long ago but now after he has rejected us he's garbage and trash anyways. Is this how you are hitting on women too?

Or the fact that we have drafted better players since and have guys like him in Malgin and Vatrano?

No real progress from him this year either.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Disappointing, but luckily this doesn't bury us. Still have better prospects with Borg, Hepo, maybe Tippett that need the space.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The first I started to think there really might be a problem was when they gave Ang an ELC before Mascherin. The Panthers never seemed sold on him. Either he's resentful over the way things have gone, or he doesn't see himself cracking into the Panthers' lineup, probably better off gone. Maybe they can get a high third from someone like coyotes, Sabres or oilers.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I f***ING TOLD YOU!!!! I was 100% this would happen

Batting ... you everytime told me it would get done!! whyyyyyyyyy

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

I’m sorry but we chose him with a high pick, hell we chose him in the first place. Our team wanted him to be a part of his franchise. That’s a douchebag move. I don’t care for his reasons unless they are super dire. He can rot in the minors his whole career.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I ****ING TOLD YOU!!!! I was 100% this would happen

Batting ... you everytime told me it would get done!! whyyyyyyyyy

Because I was pretty confident it would based on what I had heard. Panthers wanted him, that's a guarantee. In the end, Mascherin was the one who didn't want to sign.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
This is basically why teams shouldn't and don't rely solely on the draft to add prospects. Not every pick is going to pan out / maybe you can't sign Player X / etc, and adding undrafted free agents, etc is basically a free draft pick and another chance at hitting on a player.

If we lost Mascherin for nothing 4, 5, years ago, that would be a lot worse than it is right now for us. But today, not as big of a deal as some are making it out to be. Borgstrom or Tippett, or Hepo score 25 goals and it's all a moot point.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Funny that he was projected as a top 6 player for us not so long ago but now after he has rejected us he's garbage and trash anyways. Is this how you are hitting on women too?

Situations change. Prospects passed him. Other prospects acquired.

Yet you're going to give us shit for being on him for not being game for the challenge?

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kid Icarus

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
We saw a couple of TSN guys start the drumming gossip on inside cap in last june when nothing of it was released publicly from us and still is not, people started to believe in it. These sort of people live for gossips like this and make a living of it. I've learned my lesson and will not believe anything until the team or Mascherin himself announces anything regarding it. Staying positive. :)
If it's the Athletic reporting this and batting confirmed it, it's legit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00