Prospect Info: Adam Mascherin (2016, #38 overall, UP: Re-enters draft), Kitchener Rangers (OHL)

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Why won't he sign?

Because of the log jam up front ? Or he just doesn't want to play in FL ?

What do you think they can recoup for him ?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
His reason for not signing will be interesting.

Certainly there's a lot of competition ahead of him for an NHL roster spot. If he needs a top 9 role, he's got to pass Tippet, Borg, and Hepo on the depth chart for top tier prospects plus any other prospect who surprises.

Throw in Malgin and Vatrano too and his future with us might be relegated to the AHL for some time.

Hopefully we can flip him for an equal D prospect since we could use that more than another F prospect.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Fake News?
If this is true, send him to a ****ty team like Montreal so he can watch us spank him every game for the next 5 years.
Or Arizona and Vancouver.
I think he sees all the forward talent coming up and wants an easier shot to get into NHL next year.
Heh No chance it's fake.

Could he change his mind? Sure. But Custance is 100% reputable

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Guys like Hyman, Vesey, Kevin Hayes, Corban Knight and others who pull this can eat shit. They want the easiest route possible. Don't care about winning and earning their way up. I wish this guy failure in his endeavors as pro hockey player. Never thought much of him as a prospect. Disappears in the playoffs. Regressed dramatically in his offensive production, which should not happen no matter how much you're working to improve your defensive game. Dwarf that isn't fleet of foot has career minor leaguer written all over him. Vatrano renders him redundant anyways.

Reactions: PSLguy

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Guys like Hyman, Vesey, Kevin Hayes, Corban Knight and others who pull this can eat ****. They want the easiest route possible. Don't care about winning and earning their way up. I wish this guy failure in his endeavors as pro hockey player. Never thought much of him as a prospect. Disappears in the playoffs. Vatrano renders him redundant anyways.
Agree that Vatrano renders him redundant and I'd rather have Vatrano.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I don't think it is about wanting an easy route. Probably he doesn't like something with the organization and doesn't want to play here.

He is just exercising his right to not sign per the CBA. No need to excoriate him for not wanting to sign. Just doing what is best for him.

Now we need to do what is best for us and get the best possible asset in return for trading him.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Ultimately I wasn’t as high on him because of his skating. Won’t be worth too much since we are in a bind against the clock, but I hope we can get some value there.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Ultimately I wasn’t as high on him because of his skating. Won’t be worth too much since we are in a bind against the clock, but I hope we can get some value there.

Disagree with you there. Skating is average, but when you have a chance to add a shot like that to your prospect pool, you do it. And the Panthers tried hard to do it, but Mascherin didn't want to sign.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I don't think it is about wanting an easy route. Probably he doesn't like something with the organization and doesn't want to play here.

He is just exercising his right to not sign per the CBA. No need to excoriate him for not wanting to sign. Just doing what is best for him.

Now we need to do what is best for us and get the best possible asset in return for trading him.
Maybe not an easy route but maybe an easier route? Our depth on the wing in the top 9 moving forward is pretty good. He's clearly at the bottom of the depth chart and 6,7 or even 8 players are 100% locks above him over the next two years.

Huberdeau - lock
Dadonov - lock
Bjugstad - lock

Malgin - lock
Vatrano - lock
Mcginn
Mamin

Borgstrom - lock
Tippet - probably a lock
Hepo

Mascherin

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
There were rumors but damn, this sucks.
The question now is what can we get in return for his rights.
He wasn't our best forward prospect but still was a very good piece.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
lol someone was right all along!!! how did this happen.. just because we changed gms? i dont understand the issue....

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00