Value of: Adam Larsson to The Toronto Maple Leafs (Atlantic Division)?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No reason why the Oilers would trade him.....that would be silly.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
This might be my favourite thread.

That being said, nothing Toronto or it's fans would surrender gets Larsson. He wasn't the problem with the Oilers last year, in fact I'd say he made them more competitive. Conversely, Edmonton won't get what they paid for him, and if he was moved Edmonton would likely be looking to recoup a lot of their investment.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Agreed, they need more defense...trading Larsson is counter productive. They will also never come close to recooping what they paid for him, and Larsson is a really good player, not like they have a need to cut losses on him.
A leafs fan thats sensible?? Omg its the end of the world guys. Seriously though, thanks for not offering Kappy + Johnsson + 1st.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Agreed, they need more defense...trading Larsson is counter productive. They will also never come close to recooping what they paid for him, and Larsson is a really good player, not like they have a need to cut losses on him.

Thought more fire power + deeper prospect pool was Oilers primary concern.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
So 2 1st round picks isn’t even in the ball park? High expectations. I get not liking the deal but what do you think you should get for him?
What are the odds that either of those magic beans turn into a player as good as Larrson? 10%? 5 years from now? Mid to late 1st round picks get you a rental from a team that has already given up on the season. Or a decent, near-ready prospect that a team has no room for.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
So 2 1st round picks isn’t even in the ball park? High expectations. I get not liking the deal but what do you think you should get for him?

We are not putting him on the table, we need him.. kind of like most TML fans say about Nylander in a recent thread. I would say the Oilers need Larsson way more than the Leafs need Nylander.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

The only thing Edmonton should be trading Adam Larsson for is a better Adam Larsson. He’s signed long term at a bargain deal - we need him a lot more than we need magic beans.

Reactions: TFHockey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

That, sure, but actual NHLers more. Prospects and magic beans are all well and good but Larsson is a good defensive #2 defenceman . Trading him for picks and maybes would be idiotic.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
The only thing Edmonton should be trading Adam Larsson for is a better Adam Larsson. He’s signed long term at a bargain deal - we need him a lot more than we need magic beans.
I never said they should. I was asking the poster what he thought was a good deal because getting 2 1st round picks and a prospect with a lot of upside is a lot to give up for a 3/4 defenceman.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Andy Greene was really good, but hasn't been in a few years. He actually had an impact on possession and whatnot. Larsson does not.
I don't know man.

Larsson has that same effect on his partner as Andy Greene had. Last season Nurse's game really took off once he was paired with Larsson, they played 25-28 minutes a night against top comp. then Larsson went down with a back injury and then the passing of his father and Nurse's game really dipped. Then, when Larsson returned fully healthy etc. Nurse's game (along with Larsson's) really improved yet again.

On an unrelated note - this is why I hesitant on the Oilers locking up Nurse for anything more the 4.5M...1) because he hasn't proven hes a top 3 guy outside of last year and 2) His game dipped while away from Larsson. I'm a huge supporter of Nurse, I think he McDavid and Draisaitl all should be Oilers for as long as they want to be....but Chiarelli needs to watch be cautious here

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Prospect pool is/will come..i trust PC and KG when it comes to drafting. They've done well in the past 3 drafts..not to mention signing UFA prospects like Hebig, Cagguilla, Benning...and trading for Marody. I certainly wouldn't want them to move our best RHD for prospects.

We need wing depth for sure, but again..not at Larsson's expense.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I never said they should. I was asking the poster what he thought was a good deal because getting 2 1st round picks and a prospect with a lot of upside is a lot to give up for a 3/4 defenceman.

Larsson is not a 3/4 defenceman, and whether you think a low first, a 3/4 C prospect and a CONDITIONAL first is a lot or not, it’s not enough and not something Edmonton should even consider.

Would you trade Rielly for 10th, Bear, and a conditional first?

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Could you imagine if NHL GM's were anything like these forums? Not a single trade would ever be made because every deal is "lolzterrible", according to people here.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What????

Not even a Leaf fan and that’s terrible for them.

And 25th, Johnsson, and a conditional-or-nothing first is... what, for Edmonton?

No one is making fair offers here.

Larsson isn’t available. If Toronto wants to pay ‘pry him out of my cold dead hands’ prices, they can offer up Nylander or pound sand. We gave up a much better player than that for him, and we flat out cannot move him.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Edmonton isn't going to constantly rebuild. If they make a trade it isn't for futures. Like posters stated above Larsson only gets traded for a better Larsson.
He remains our best option as a RHD. You know who is next in our depth chart as a natural Right Handed D? Matt Benning.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
this isnt gonna happen. oilers would want Marner/Nylander to fill the hole at W left by Hall and Eberle

leafs are gonna be looking to upgrade their back end using 1st rd picks and prospects...unless a Doughty/EK/Subban type is available. thats the type of guy they need to land to move Marner/Nylander +

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad