Value of: Adam Larsson to The Toronto Maple Leafs (Atlantic Division)?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The Oilers are coming apart.

Larsson is still perceived as a good asset and one that got NJ Taylor Hall.

Who would TOR deal to land Larsson?

Spec wrote this about him recently:

"Larsson's steady game from last season has departed as well. The top pairing has been anything but effective this season, which would kill any team. It’s killed this one."

It's a little strong, but maybe the truth is somewhere between his comment and what Larsson really is.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Leafs won’t give up anything close to what the Oilers paid for him.

They are better off keeping him as Leafs won’t part with any of our top forwards.

I’d offer Kapanen + 1st + another piece, but I’m sure the oilers would rather more quality than quantity.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Just because the Oilers management were stupid enough to trade: a young-proven top 10 winger in the NHL for a #2/3D

Doesn't mean another team will be stupid enough to do the same. I mean come on! How can you use the Oilers' management as a 'blueprint' for a trade?!

Oilers management is simply incompetent ---- they trade Eberle away for nothing, traded Hall away for nothing, ruined Yakupov, what else??
How many more 1st overall picks do the Oilers need?

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Also --- Oilers management would look bad if they traded Larsson, since they gave up sooo much for him in the first place.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Seeing how the Oilers traded Hall for Larsson, I don't see them accepting anything less than Nylander or Marner for Larsson. I even think they'd want an addition on top of those guys, too, seeing how they weren't as good as Hall was when he was traded.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Seeing how the Oilers traded Hall for Larsson, I don't see them accepting anything less than Nylander or Marner for Larsson. I even think they'd want an addition on top of those guys, too, seeing how they weren't as good as Hall was when he was traded.

That reasoning is massively flawed, the Oilers were owned in the trade, everyone knows it. The Leafs are not going to follow suit. It's like saying Yakupov's trade value was that of a first #1 overall when he was playing like a 3rd rounder.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Getting back to reality for a second, just because Chiarelli was momentarily confused when he thought he was getting Oliver Ekman-Larsson and not just plain old Adam Larsson back for Taylor Hall, that doesn't mean Larsson has that kind of value for a team with a knowledgeable GM.

He's probably worth a mid to late first round pick, a third rounder and a prospect who is an NHL long shot.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Larrson is nothing more than a #3/2 D-Man..... Just because the Oilers made one of the stupidest trades of the decade, doesn't mean that other teams will do the same.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

That's fair, given what the Oilers paid but it's also fair to say we wouldn't even consider those options as well. Particularly with the year Larsson has had, I'm not convinced he has huge potential to be more than what he is now.

I do like Larsson and would give up good value for him but nothing comparable to the aforementioned.

If we're talking Klefbom, I want nothing to do with him.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Getting back to reality for a second, just because Chiarelli was momentarily confused when he thought he was getting Oliver Ekman-Larsson and not just plain old Adam Larsson back for Taylor Hall, that doesn't mean Larsson has that kind of value for a team with a knowledgeable GM.

He's probably worth a mid to late first round pick, a third rounder and a prospect who is an NHL long shot.

What? Lol young top pair D don’t go for less than rentals.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That reasoning is massively flawed, the Oilers were owned in the trade, everyone knows it. The Leafs are not going to follow suit. It's like saying Yakupov's trade value was that of a first #1 overall when he was playing like a 3rd rounder.

Did you read my post? "I don't see them accepting anything less than Marner or Nylander for Larsson". It doesn't matter what you consider "fair value" because they're not going to trade Larsson for a lesser return than what they gave for him a year ago. If you're not going to give them something that makes it worth their while to trade him, they just won't trade him. It's a sunk cost fallacy the Oilers would be doing, they're not going to trade Larsson for less than what they gave up for him.

That's fair, given what the Oilers paid but it's also fair to say we wouldn't even consider those options as well. Particularly with the year Larsson has had, I'm not convinced he has huge potential to be more than what he is now.

Yeah I agree with this. I don't think the Leafs benefit from moving Nylander or Marner for Larsson, and the Oilers wouldn't accept less for Larsson based on what they traded for him. So basically, nothing works here.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Linda Bacon

Canada fan
Nov 7, 2017
I wouldn't mind taking him back on the Devils but speed is so important in today's game and Larsson is just an average skater, great shutdown D but not much offense.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
He's a top pairing on a bottom feeder.

I don’t think it’s fair to call a team that had 103 points last year with basically the same roster a bottom feeder no matter how bad they’ve been this year, Larsson looks like the same player regardless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad