Player Discussion Adam Henrique

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Almost a year since this thread was bumped, don't think the guy gets enough credit, he's been a great player for us. Soon, I imagine he will move to the wing to make room for all of our young centers, and should be good there as well.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Almost a year since this thread was bumped, don't think the guy gets enough credit, he's been a great player for us. Soon, I imagine he will move to the wing to make room for all of our young centers, and should be good there as well.
He may not move though. If Zegras plays 2 years at BU and Getz decides to hang 'em up, Rico becomes our senior citizen.

But I for one am glad he's a Duck!

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
No no, I think we should all act like and expect that Henrique is something that he’s not. As long as people accept him for what he is, they can appreciate the value that he brings.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Think he'd be better at wing

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
8 goals 6 assists 14 points in 28 games so far and currently has a 8 game pointless streak :(

I wonder when he will get one the scoreboard again.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Adam Henrique.png

Happy for him to have this kind of production after having cleared waivers last season.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Do you have to bump every single thread, you can just post in the roster discussion... no?

Reactions: Paul4587

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I get bumping the threads when there is a milestone, someone has just recently come into the league or if someone is tearing it up. But bumping it every time someone scores a goal or to show someone’s stats is a bit overboard. It’s pretty annoying to see 15 threads with new posts only to click into each of them and see nothing overly relevant is in anyone of them.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Why have player discussion threads if not to use them?

I like player discussion threads to post something about a player for easier viewing then a roster thread with so many posts and pages.
There is absolutely no point in bumping a player thread with something like:

“So and so has 3 goals and 5 points this season now. Looking good. What do you think?” Which is all you’re doing.

Reactions: Paul4587

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
There is absolutely no point in bumping a player thread with something like:

“So and so has 3 goals and 5 points this season now. Looking good. What do you think?” Which is all you’re doing.
So what's wrong with that? It's player specific, which is what the thread is. Frankly. close to 90% of what's posted on this board is snark, nonsensical hot takes and irrelevancy; thoughtful discussion is EXTREMELY rare. Given that, it's kinda rough to bag on a guy for making a minor comment about a specific player in that player's thread.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Oh good, I see our annual “bumping of the player discussion thread” issue has come around again. Ahead of schedule this time, too! normally we don’t do this until midseason.

At any rate, Henrique has really started to play well. He’s put up points before in seasons past, but in the sort of way where it was obvious he was a passenger. He’s looked much more engaged over the last 7-8 games and body language seems to indicate he’s enjoying playing hockey again

Last edited:

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Oh good, I see our annual “bumping of the player discussion thread” issue has come around again. Ahead of schedule this time, too! normally we don’t do this until midseason.

At any rate, Henrique has really started to play well. He’s put up points before in seasons past, but in the sort of way where it was obvious he was a passenger. He’s looked much more engaged over the last 7-8 games and body language seems to indicate he’s enjoying playing hockey again
Haha so true.

He has always been smart and could play well with other quality line mates, but not good enough to carry a line.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
So what's wrong with that? It's player specific, which is what the thread is. Frankly. close to 90% of what's posted on this board is snark, nonsensical hot takes and irrelevancy; thoughtful discussion is EXTREMELY rare. Given that, it's kinda rough to bag on a guy for making a minor comment about a specific player in that player's thread.

Yes there is nothing wrong with wanting to post something about a specific player in a specific thread that is a player discussion one. For example I am happy that Adam Henrique is having a great start to the season after being waived last season and want to express it and doing so in a Adam Henrique discussion thread is the best place. So many Ducks players are producing well making me happy during crappy times but I guess I should just say nothing and leave it all in as to not annoy someone because there always seems to be annoyed people :(

Reactions: Mr Rogers

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Yes there is nothing wrong with wanting to post something about a specific player in a specific thread that is a player discussion one. For example I am happy that Adam Henrique is having a great start to the season after being waived last season and want to express it and doing so in a Adam Henrique discussion thread is the best place. So many Ducks players are producing well making me happy during crappy times but I guess I should just say nothing and leave it all in as to not annoy someone because there always seems to be annoyed people :(
I mean, not to hark on you, but isn't that what you're asking others to do because it annoys you? At the end of the day I think we're all pretty happy so far this season and Rico has been an bright spot given last year.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
I think you guys are being a little harsh on @Ducks in a row . Henrique's thread has been worthy of a bump because he is off to an excellent productive start and are getting what we need from him.

Thank you :)

Henrique is doing great after being waved last season.
Terry is having a breakout season.
Steel is on pace to have his best goal scoring season.
Groulx and Benoit scored their 1st NHL goals.
Getzlaf is producing well and getting close to 1000 points.
Fowler is producing well and could end up having his best offensive season if he keeps it up.
Carrick has scored the most goal ever in a season.
Milano is producing well and already has more points in a season with the Ducks then he ever had.
Shattenkirk is producing great on pace to shatter his previous production in a season as a Duck.
Lundestrom scored his 1st ever shorthanded goal and is producing better then ever.
Gibson is doing well after the last 2 seasons not being so good and having to hear it from other teams fans underrating him.

Those are some things I am happy about and decided to make some kind of post about those players in a player discussion thread. I even made posts in Comtois player discussion thread about him not picking up any points because its like kinda a big deal.

Reactions: Leonardo87

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Thank you :)

Henrique is doing great after being waved last season.
Terry is having a breakout season.
Steel is on pace to have his best goal scoring season.
Groulx and Benoit scored their 1st NHL goals.
Getzlaf is producing well and getting close to 1000 points.
Fowler is producing well and could end up having his best offensive season if he keeps it up.
Carrick has scored the most goal ever in a season.
Milano is producing well and already has more points in a season with the Ducks then he ever had.
Shattenkirk is producing great on pace to shatter his previous production in a season as a Duck.
Lundestrom scored his 1st ever shorthanded goal and is producing better then ever.
Gibson is doing well after the last 2 seasons not being so good and having to hear it from other teams fans underrating him.

Those are some things I am happy about and decided to make some kind of post about those players in a player discussion thread. I even made posts in Comtois player discussion thread about him not picking up any points because its like kinda a big deal.

Think about how awesome it would be if we could discuss all of these positive developments in one thread? If only there was a place we could discuss the entire roster?

I'm half joking and I'm not going to be a thread nazi. But I tend to agree that when I see a player thread bumped, I expect to see something more than an update on the players recent stats, etc. I don't see the point of separating these discussions into multiple threads

Reactions: Paul4587 and bsu

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Think about how awesome it would be if we could discuss all of these positive developments in one thread? If only there was a place we could discuss the entire roster?

I'm half joking and I'm not going to be a thread nazi. But I tend to agree that when I see a player thread bumped, I expect to see something more than an update on the players recent stats, etc. I don't see the point of separating these discussions into multiple threads

I don't want to post so much in a single thread about players and then it gets lost in the thread with so many posts and pages making it harder to find if I want to see it later. Being able to click on player Player Discussion button and then see any such threads and click on one is simply the best way to easily find something about specific players. There is a reason why player Player Discussion threads exists and I do not believe its just to post about something like milestones which I know someone would only like to see them used for.

Reactions: Boo Boo

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
11+14=25 in 36 games this year after tonight. I know I in particular beat the effort thing into the ground last year, but it's been a quietly efficient season for him while seamlessly fitting on every LW in the top 9. All while winning near 60% of his draws and (IMO) providing our best crease presence.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He's been awesome but he was literally chillin on that line change at the end there lmfao.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
11+14=25 in 36 games this year after tonight. I know I in particular beat the effort thing into the ground last year, but it's been a quietly efficient season for him while seamlessly fitting on every LW in the top 9. All while winning near 60% of his draws and (IMO) providing our best crease presence.

His playing style in general just looks lazy, a lot like Getzlaf to be honest. Even in their primes and in the playoffs they look lazy or nonchalant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad