Player Discussion Adam Henrique

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Devils goal > King’s goal
It`s just my subjective opinion and I know a lot will disagree with me. But somehow for me it was a greater goal. I mean, that vs Devils was like Harlem Globetrotters, but the one vs Kings just felt much more intense to me. I can`t really explain I guess

Reactions: Dmang714

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
He might not get on the scoresheet every game (although he's done a pretty good job of that thus far), but I have loved him so far. He makes so few mistakes and he's had some clutch goals already.
And he's apparently good enough that ES got a few words out of Perry about him:

Last edited:

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Based on Henrique's play and ability to play center, I'm starting to think Silfverberg may get traded this offseason (or thereafter). ducks likely can't keep both (not after signing Cogs which I think was a mistake).

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
13 goals 7 assists 20 points in 33 games with the Ducks so far. Very happy with him. Hopefully we get him signed to a new contract ASAP.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Shouldn't have signed Cogs and signed Silf/Henrique instead. Now Silf is probably gone....if Henrique wants to stay....

Reactions: Deuce22

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Not really. Cogs is easily moveable if that was necessary to keep those guys.
Yep, it's only a 6 team NTC so still plenty of options if it comes to that. But with the cap continuing to go up and our budget seemingly doing the same thing, I'm not convinced we can't keep all 3 of them. I'd even say it's debatable that Silf will even get a huge contract, based on this season he'll only have 1 40 point season in 6 seasons (pro rating 12-13 lock out), even with his great defensive play I'm not seeing a massive contract on the horizon for Silf unless he explodes next season.

Reactions: Vipers31

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Not really. Cogs is easily moveable if that was necessary to keep those guys.

On his new contract (which I think was a bad idea for the exact reason mentioned above - i.e., we lose henrique or Silv), the ducks compounded the error and gave him a modified no trade contract. Don't assume it will be easy to move him as he gets older.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
On his new contract (which I think was a bad idea for the exact reason mentioned above - i.e., we lose henrique or Silv), the ducks compounded the error and gave him a modified no trade contract. Don't assume it will be easy to move him as he gets older.
It's a 6 team no trade list. There's 24 (25 when Seattle comes in) other teams he has no control over whether he goes to them or not. It's not really an error - it's pretty much the easiest NTC for GM's to work around while giving the player a little security. We're not talking about a Bieksa type NMC here.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Ritchie really regressed from the slight progress he made in the second half, so that didn't help. He was like a traffic cone out there this series.

And Kase, whether it was his own poor play or the Sharks knowing how to defend him, didn't do much. So while Henrique didn't play well himself, he had no help either.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
I like Henrique and he, like everyone else, had a very shitty playoffs. He deserves the benefit of the doubt for sure.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That trade was so good, and not that I was or still am happy seeing Vats go. Worked perfect for both teams

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Adam Henrique relishing hard-nosed battles with the Ducks

"I think the mixture of our games goes well," Henrique said of Kase. "I try to be all over the ice, and he's certainly a high-end talent with high-end skill. I think people have seen that in the last couple of years."
That Henrique clicked with the 22-year-old Czech is impressive, given the challenges.
"Yeah, he doesn't speak any English," Henrique said with a laugh. "Just yelling at me out there. I don't know what he's saying."

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->