Player Discussion Adam Henrique

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
On and off the ice Henrique was a great, fun guy to have around and you guys should enjoy him.

Very well respected by players, fans and those associated with the Devils. Very involved in things off the ice and you won't find many, if any Devil fans that have a bad thing to say about him.

He isn't a flashy player and can be streaky at times, but he always gets the job done and proved his rookie season in the playoffs he has that big game capability. Consistent, you'll always know what you are going to get from him and he will make a number of under the radar contributions.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Wasn't Henrique's best season when the Devils struggled to score goals ? If so that means he'll be able to do quite well when the Ducks finally are healthy and Getzlaf/Kesler/Kase/Rakell are all back.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Yeah, he's good defensively. Also history of being clutch in the playoffs, though that's been quite some time in NJ.

He was 2nd in TOI among NJ forwards on the PK and a threat to score.

Take care of our guy.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Is Henrique defensively responsible?

Very.

Like most all New Jersey forwards that came through the Devils farm system. That's sort-of a team pride thing.

He is very good on the PK and should do well there. He's really more of a quality 3rd-line guy, but he can certainly play 2nd-line. You're looking at 40 - 45 points per year realistically based on his career average. He's been in a slump this year, but I'm sure he'll pull out of it. He's also very well-loved off the ice for numerous charity work and by all accounts is a really great guy.

Net/net, I'm very sorry to see him go, but I understand #3/#4 NHL defensemen dont grow on trees, and that's what the Devils badly need.

My 2¢.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
henrique will be great for y'all. wont be the best night-in and night-out, but he has that clutch gene and ability to score big goals (see 2012 cup finals run when he scored the OT winners to close out two series). for a team that has trouble getting over that final playoff hump, that could come into play big time. has a pesky side to his game as well, not afraid to mix it up. don't overlook blandisi either.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Henrique is an excellent character guy. He does lots of great work off ice, and he is going to become a locker room favorite and leader very quickly, especially if you guys resign him.

On ice he is insanely streaky. When he is on he really looks like a force. Really tenacious, not afraid to drive the net and does most things right.

When he is off he is absolutely invisible. It looks like he is giving zero effort and is just coasting. It can actually be really frustrating to watch.

His clutchness is vastly overrated. 2012 was absolutely magical, but it accounts only for two goals and he hasn’t played a playoff game since. Plus there has been plenty of times over the years in the regular season we needed a clutch goal and he was no where to be found. Not too much of a knock though as I see clutchness as an onverall overrated attribute.

Decent defensively, can play the Pp, and an exceellebt PKer even when he isn’t playing well.

He can definitely be a stop gap center and won’t look too out of place, but ideally you want him at wing to get the most out of him offensively.

As long as you don’t expect the moon from him, or expect him to provide primary scoring I think you guys should like him a lot.

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Getzlaf-Kesler-Henrique-Grant when everyone is fully healthy...that's a pretty sweet center line up.

It's going to be nice to have a legitimate 3c again.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Getzlaf-Kesler-Henrique-Grant when everyone is fully healthy...that's a pretty sweet center line up.

It's going to be nice to have a legitimate 3c again.
"Again." Trying to remember the last time we did. We've had 3Cs playing higher up before (Koivu, e.g.), hence the eternal search for a legit 2C to fix our lineup. Maybe back when we were running Getz-Bonino-Koivu-Muffins? Although I think Bones wasn't exclusively a center back then. If so, you'd have to back to 07 to find 3 centers playing in their proper spots.

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Devils fans are very sad about a great trade for the team...that should tell you a lot about Henrique! Great player, great guy and plays hard when it matters most.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

^ All of Henrique's goals from last season. Definitely a nice variety there, some dirty goals in the trenches, off the rush both as a shooter and driver, from the slot off the cycle, in close with patience and touch...and perhaps most intriguing - a couple one timers from inside the right circle, which is a dynamic we've lacked for ages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad