Player Discussion Adam Henrique

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Vermette kills a lot of plays but he needs to be in the lineup for faceoffs alone. He should be on 4th line and PK/faceoff situations. One good game from Rakell/Getzlaf with him trailing along shouldn't change that hopefully with Perry coming back it was a place holder.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Vermette kills a lot of plays but he needs to be in the lineup for faceoffs alone. He should be on 4th line and PK/faceoff situations. One good game from Rakell/Getzlaf with him trailing along shouldn't change that hopefully with Perry coming back it was a place holder.

I think his promotion to the top line probably had something to do with the fact that we were playing the Coyotes and Carlyle gave him an opportunity to have a big game against his former team, and something to do with the fact that we are lacking depth at wing with Perry out and Ritchie pulling 4th line duty. Wouldn't surprise me to see the same lines tonight since he scored on that line, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him further down the lineup.

As for Henrique, i'll take his streaky scoring since he hasn't had very productive linemates recently and he does a lot of other things well even when he is not producing. I'm hoping once Perry is back Carlyle will put him with Henrique to give him someone to play with that can score, and to get Perry matchups against lower caliber opponents.

Ideally we would add another goal scoring winger before the deadline, especially if Silf hits a cold stretch and if Ritchie doesn't start producing and moving his way up the lineup. I like our depth right now but I agree that Vermette should be on the 4th line and I'd prefer to have another goal scorer to play with Getz and Rakell so Kase can be moved down to play with Henrique and Perry.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Everything is pointing to Rakell, Getz and Perry back together next week. Then Cogs-Kesler-Silf.
Kase-Henrique-Ritchie. Wagner-Vermette-Shaw. Grant as the 13th and Roy back to San Diego.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
People who say Henrique is a streaky scorer don't understand him. He plays to the skill level of his line mates. The more skilled they are, the better he plays. John Hines gave up too fast on him and hall together which was a shame because those two were a force in Juniors.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013

Well, now that's two games with a solid showing from Vermette on the top line. Also, looking at the numbers, Getzlaf's been bad at face offs. His numbers are worse than Henrique's. Getz is 42% and Rico is 46%. I think I like Vermette as a top 9 wing now more than a 3/4 center.

I also agree that Perry and Rico should be playing together.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
People who say Henrique is a streaky scorer don't understand him. He plays to the skill level of his line mates. The more skilled they are, the better he plays. John Hines gave up too fast on him and hall together which was a shame because those two were a force in Juniors.

The other thing I have noticed (in his obviously limited number of games here) is that even in games he is not scoring, he is noticeable and solid. The way he was described by most Devils fans was that Henrique was either on a hot streak or was frustratingly invisible. I have yet to see a game, let alone a stretch of games, where Henrique was invisible.

Also, count me in the group that thinks we should keep Getz-Rak and Henrique-Perry together and build around that.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah.
Also, count me in the group that thinks we should keep Getz-Rak and Henrique-Perry together and build around that.
We have Ritchie, Kase, Vermette, Wagner and Roy who have played at least some time with these and I would consider options (some more and some less) to fill the empty spots there.

I like ''The Daddy and the dirty danglers": Rakell-Getzlaf-Kase combo. Then if Ritchie slots in with Henrique and Perry to add a bit meat there, the forward lines look interesting.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Surprised at the lack of posters wanting to try him at wing more, what about?

Rakell-Getzlaf-Kase
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Henrique-Vermette-Perry
Ritchie-Grant/Wagner-Wagner/Shaw

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don`t think he has been that bad actually, he is getting his looks. I think for now we are putting Vermette on top line to have a lefty there.

But Im sure he will be tried as a winger more in the future yeah

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Surprised at the lack of posters wanting to try him at wing more, what about?

Rakell-Getzlaf-Kase
Henrique-Vermette-Perry
Ritchie-Grant/Wagner-Wagner/Shaw

I bolded the reason I don’t want Henrique on the wing.

To be clear, I’m not at all against Henrique playing the wing. I am against the notion that he and Perry can be centered by Vermette and expect to be as good as we need.

Henrique has shown good versatility in his game. On the wing, or centering a line, I think he’d be pretty effective, but the center is often the linchpin to a successful line, and if that’s Vermette then the wheel is going to fall right off.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I bolded the reason I don’t want Henrique on the wing.

To be clear, I’m not at all against Henrique playing the wing. I am against the notion that he and Perry can be centered by Vermette and expect to be as good as we need.

Henrique has shown good versatility in his game. On the wing, or centering a line, I think he’d be pretty effective, but the center is often the linchpin to a successful line, and if that’s Vermette then the wheel is going to fall right off.
Agreed. Still can't believe we have Perry and Henrique on our 3rd line. Crazy depth we have right now. Once Kase comes back too, we will have so many options to make lines work.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Yeah, the flu going around in California right now is nasty and it sucks. I, and everyone else I know that had it, had symptoms for almost 2 weeks.

There's a bad one in Alberta too. Reportedly 12 people have died or something someone was telling me (husband of a nurse).

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Stick with what works

Rakell-Getzlaf-Kase
Ritchie-Henrique-Perry
Grant/Shaw-Vermette-Wagner

Carlyle is clearly overthinking things. Ideally we find an upgrade for Ritchie's spot but it's not that critical

Reactions: Peaves and Paul4587

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Moved the discussion to the roster thread here (if you want to continue the discussion further there).

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I really like Henrique so far. Very smart and very aware player from what I can see. Rarely in a bad position and he has more skill than I thought he had. He's scored 8 goals and he must have hit 3 or 4 posts as well, not to mention he's threat on the PP and PK as well.
He's the perfect 3C for us, and while he's no ace at faceoffs, he hasn't been terrible either, and he plays the rest of the position well. The fact that he's a lefty is just an added bonus.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So far by far my favorite moment with Henrique was the goal against the Kings. So much hustle, pure effort and awareness to put the puck in the net. The goal vs NJ wasn`t bad either but still not as good as that one. He had a KIND OF A slump but I think he looks better lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->