Value of: Adam Fox

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
But why? When he has literally shown he will only play for one team? What risk is there? I'm not saying sign him to 3 mil a year, but I could see both sides together on 6 or 7 a year.
Because he might decide he no longer wants to play for the rangers if they are going to try and take advantage of his loyalty.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Okay, so your guy good, our guy not. No bias there at all.

You used Fox's EVP as the reason he isn't a number 1. Fox has 11 EVP and McAvoy has 14 EVP. So I guess those 3 points are the difference between a #1 and a #2.

It's amazing how McAvoy can be a #1 while playing 2nd PP and getting less PK time than 4 other dmen on the team.

Over this and last season at even strength

Fox 40 pts, 8 goals in 1764 mins, (.0226 pts per ev min)

McAvoy 43 pts, 7 goals in 1943 mins (.0221 pts per ev min)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I think that there is the possibility that Adam Fox requests a market rate deal. Its his right and he's surely earning the ability to hold firm on his demands.

That said, I do believe that he and his reps will see what they have and are building and settles in on a two year bridge dealt get him to his 26th Birthday at which point he cashes in.

Hes got another season at 925k. That will probably get juiced up to 5.5-6.0 for two years providing a respectable salary and cost certainty before he gets his big contract.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they broke him off something large for 8 years.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
I can't believe someone compared Adam Fox to Matt Grzelcyk of all people.

Anyways I've been trying to think of who Fox truly compares to as a player in years past, I was too young to have witnessed Zubov or guys like Leetch but they both seem like much different players than Fox. Is Fox more akin to a new age Letang?

Reactions: haveandare

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can't believe someone compared Adam Fox to Matt Grzelcyk of all people.

Anyways I've been trying to think of who Fox truly compares to as a player in years past, I was too young to have witnessed Zubov or guys like Leetch but they both seem like much different players than Fox. Is Fox more akin to a new age Letang?

He's a lot better defensively than Letang ever was, and has a much higher hockey sense.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
some are aging so we wont count them......

Josi is a one
Seth Jones is a one
Hedman is a one...
Doughty is a one...
McAvoy has graduated and is a one.
Carlson is a one
Pietrangelo is a one
Hope that defines it a bit.....Not every team has one...Some are getting older now....Burns, Letang, Kieth, I just named like 11 guys that Adam Fox will never be as good as....I can name more but the point is made. If McAvoy becomes a Ranger tomorrow...Is Admam Fox still the best Dman on his team. The answer is no....That should settle it.
Fox is considerably better than McAvoy lol.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Would a package of Fox,Panarin, Zibanejad Kakko, and Laf be enough to land McAvoy assuming we retain 75% on their salaries and throw in our first this year or is this an underpayment?

Reactions: Flan the incredible

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Sounds like Matt Grzelyk to me.....pro rate Gryz stats and you basically have Fox.....by the way Fox has one.......countem one even strength goal and 11 even strength points....Sergei Zubov he is not......

What are you talking about trying to make out Fox as a PP producer?

Tony DeAngelo was the Rangers’ PP QB last year on PP1. Fox is the PP QB this year, but the PP has not been good all season.

Just stop.

Reactions: bl02

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
some are aging so we wont count them......

Josi is a one
Seth Jones is a one
Hedman is a one...
Doughty is a one...
McAvoy has graduated and is a one.
Carlson is a one
Pietrangelo is a one
Hope that defines it a bit.....Not every team has one...Some are getting older now....Burns, Letang, Kieth, I just named like 11 guys that Adam Fox will never be as good as....I can name more but the point is made. If McAvoy becomes a Ranger tomorrow...Is Admam Fox still the best Dman on his team. The answer is no....That should settle it.

View media item 8711
The defender whose name is blurred in that picture is actually Seth Jones, but keep telling yourself that he’s better than Fox.

And PIETRANGELO?!?!? Hahahah. Have you even watched him this year? Not even the best defender on his own team and isn’t playing like a #1.

Doughty LMFAO.

Ok, we’re done here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree it's just hard trying to think of previous top D men in the league that Fox is comparable to. Sort of why I think Fox is just in a league of his own already and is a true new generational defenseman along with Makar

Someone already mentioned it, but Lidstrom. Not talent-wise, but style-wise. Fox has the best hockey sense in the league. That was Lidstrom’s game, probably the best hockey sense ever from a defenseman.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Let me just say this once so we can all get this out of the way.
Adam Fox is not for sale.
He will win a few Norris trophies.

Reactions: bernmeister

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I agree......Orr also...

McAvoy is a great player. So is Adam Fox. They are different type of players though. For my money, I want Fox, but YMMV.
Really no need to get upset if others prefer Fox. It's not like one stands above the other by any significant margin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad