Value of: Adam Fox

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Not a trade. Just curious as to what his ceiling is and what his next contract looks like. Based on what I’ve seen and what Rangers fans always say, his contract comparable are Ekblad at the lower end and Pietrangelo at the higher end. Can the Rangers make that work under the cap?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not a trade. Just curious as to what his ceiling is and what his next contract looks like. Based on what I’ve seen and what Rangers fans always say, his contract comparable are Ekblad at the lower end and Pietrangelo at the higher end. Can the Rangers make that work under the cap?
He’ll sign a bridge similar to Werenski. 3 x $5mm AAV.

Reactions: AirGut

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He'd be crazy to sign a bridge. He's already a Norris caliber defenseman.
He’d be an idiot to sign long term in a flat cap era. He’ll take a bridge and sign a mega deal in three years when the league is financially healthy. Today, it’s still very broken.

Makar will do the same thing this off-season. So will Hughes.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You think he’d take substantially less than Chabot? lol. Dream on.
Sure. Throw him on the list too.

had CM and QH specifically because I think their trajectory is more similar but if you want to say Chabot is a comp be my guest.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
A lot.

tenor.gif

Reactions: haveandare

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Sure. Throw him on the list too.

had CM and QH specifically because I think their trajectory is more similar but if you want to say Chabot is a comp be my guest.
Chabot signed a long term deal. 8 x 8. So Fox taking $16,000,000 less over 8 years is absurd. Completely absurd.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
He definitely is a Norris caliber guy. Probably one of the safer yet more productive D you will find in that age group.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No he is not.......

Wow, convincing argument you made...

-3rd in scoring for men
-25 minutes a night
-I'm not the biggest fan of advanced stats, but pretty much every one of them says he's elite.
-When you watch him he doesn't get beat defensively or make any mistakes with the puck.
-By far the best and most valuale Ranger player this season. If you're talking about value to their team, Fox definitely has case for most valuable dman.

I mean, there's New Jersey Devils fans in here agreeing he is a Norris contender....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad