Adam Fox vs. Rasmus Dahlin

Adam Fox or Rasmus Dahlin - who is the better player?

• Adam Fox

Votes: 166 46.1%
  • Rasmus Dahlin

Votes: 194 53.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Get a grip, talk about your own opinion instead of getting personal, to much of this on hf, embarrassing.
You straight up lied about watching a player just to boost your guy, got called out on it, doubled down, and then continued to post in this thread like it didn't happen.

Now that's embarrassing.

• Haha
Reactions: UnSandvich and Kupo

Honest M

May 11, 2012
You straight up lied about watching a player just to boost your guy, got called out on it, doubled down, and then continued to post in this thread like it didn't happen.

Now that's embarrassing.

Hey what do you know about that, you know your opinions aren't superior to others even if you get butt hurt .

Honest M

May 11, 2012
You thought Fox was faster than Dahlin. It's not an opinion to say that's hilariously and factually wrong.

Absolutely it is an opinion i haven't any speed check on them but im not that impressed by Dahlins top speed or acceleration. Do you have a speed check ?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Absolutely it is an opinion i haven't any speed check on them but im not that impressed by Dahlins top speed or acceleration. Do you have a speed check ?
Nobody needs a speed check to know that Dahlin is significantly faster than Fox.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I can pull up video of Jaccob Slavin getting beat, but I still think he's the best shut down D in the game.
Ya he’s a great d-man on the defence side of things but there are definitely some thing he does better than others. He has gaps in his game, just like every player.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Career to date, it's Fox by a mile.

This year, I give the edge to Fox. I think the difference in his defensive play is wider than the difference in Dahlin's offense.

Moving forward? I wouldn't bet against Dahlin. If he can string a few years like this one (or better) together, then this may well be lopsided in his favor in a couple of years. It seems like he's been in the league forever, but you have to remember that he's more than two years younger than Fox, and has, until very recently, played in a franchise with a reputation for having a bit of a toxic locker room.

So I voted Fox, but I think there's a lot more story to be told here.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Dahlin is having a decent season, but Fox is a known commodity. Dahlin needs to string together a couple good seasons to be regarded in the same tier

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I am thinking about shutting down this thread because of some of the embarrassing arguments being made. Cmon people. Do better. There are arguments for both. If you don’t know the players then just don’t post. Otherwise people are going to start thinking Fox is a dumb mistake prone speed demon and Dahlin is an oaf defensive mastermind with no straight line speed.

-_-
Starting to think a lot of the people arguing for Fox don't watch Dahlin!

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Starting to think a lot of the people arguing for Fox don't watch Dahlin!
Dahlin is faster than he looks, and certainly faster than Fox.
He's not the fastest guy in the league but it's far from a weakness. He's just so smooth out there.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
It's definitely a weakness. Dahlin is slow.
I disagree. He doesn't play fast, but he's able to move pretty good when he wants to. He just does it relatively effortlessly so it makes him look slower.

This is from 4 years ago:

Notice how at the 11 second mark he is even with Brown, and then creates separation in only 3-4 steps while Brown uses 5+ and still loses ground. Then he just effortlessly glides past Carter and Forbort.

He displays more of that smooth speed here:

Check the 0:52 mark as well. That's tremendous closing speed.

Last edited:

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

This is a laughably terrible argument. lol

Dahlin has been better this year, but Fox has been playing at this level for more than just this season, so I'm going with him for now.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Saying Fox is an explosive skater is like saying Dahlin has a bomb of a slapshot.

I mean, you can say it. It's an "opinion" insofar as you literally can say it.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I disagree. He doesn't play fast, but he's able to move pretty good when he wants to. He just does it relatively effortlessly so it makes him look slower.

This is from 4 years ago:

Notice how at the 11 second mark he is even with Brown, and then creates separation in only 3-4 steps while Brown uses 5+ and still loses ground. Then he just effortlessly glides past Carter and Forbort.

He displays more of that smooth speed here:

Check the 0:52 mark as well. That's tremendous closing speed.

Half the posters in this thread could probably glide past Derek Forbort, that's not exactly impressive. Dahlin hasn't caught up to anyone who gets a step on him since his rookie season, he's slow. Doesn't stop him from being an elite player but it is a genuine weakness of his.

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Saying Fox is an explosive skater is like saying Dahlin has a bomb of a slapshot.

I mean, you can say it. It's an "opinion" insofar as you literally can say it.

Well Dahlin got second on the hardest shot competition didn't he. ? And I didn't say Fox was an explosive skater, I wrote "IMO Fox are faster and have more expulsive skating," compared to Dahlin.

So many posters that have trouble keeping honest as it is, And so sensitive and getting personal attacking posters if they don't agree. Would be a pretty boring forum if we all had the same opinions about everything.

Dahlins shot was a weak spot in his game but it has improved a lot, maybe not a bomb yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad