Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part LX (FA Frenzy 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
This should take Sharp out of consideration at least given Chicago's likely inability to take salary back. Any future hockey trade needs to be roughly salary neutral. At most they might have a net $2M to spare or so.

This doesn't rule out Sharp. We could give them prospects/Picks. Williams is not good enough to be our 1RW. He is a 40 point guy. Sorry

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
This should take Sharp out of consideration at least given Chicago's likely inability to take salary back. Any future hockey trade needs to be roughly salary neutral. At most they might have a net $2M to spare or so.

Based on what projections for the RFAs?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
He's a 40 point player, hardly first line material. But if that's what you want, a declining 33 year old 40 point player for our first line, so be it.

Earlier today you were saying if they dont sign anyone today then you wouldn't watch this year. They signed the best free agent forward for cheap and now your on to complaining again? We all want a superstar but one day at a time man

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Williams in the post season is a different player. Do you really think he can play 82 games with Ovi and Nicky, a position that needs a player to constantly crash the net and grind in the corners that could wear on him I think. Need a bigger body like Willy, Oshie, Backes, or Sharp for speed

Williams can be a gritty player. I think he would fit in just fine with Ovechkin and Backstrom

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
People never seem to amaze me. We sign one of the best FA F's on the market to a below market value deal and they still find ways to ***** and complain about this team. The Caps can't do anything right apparently

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Something I was considering early today--could a third team in a trade merely act as an intermediary to retain salary? For example, Caps send futures to Chicago and to team C. Team C sends something small to Chicago for Sharp, retains salary, and sends him to Washington.

Legit under the CBA?

tmljeh19*

Big GMBM hater here...

Justin Williams as our 2RW...absolutely love the deal

Justin Williams as our 1RW...absolutely hate the deal

Here's hoping he's being slotted on the second line. One of 3 move that need to be made by GMBM in my book. Check number 1...so far so good.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If there's one drawback to Ward -> Williams it's that Williams doesn't really kill penalties (and probably shoudn't). They need another PK forward at least, ideally a center somewhere around $1-1.5M. Weiss/Brodziak...maybe Williams can vouch for Stoll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad