Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part LX (FA Frenzy 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
I love the Williams signing but people be realistic this fills the SECOND LINE winger that we have needed that is what his role should be

Exactly, there is no way Williams alone takes us to the cup. His best days are past. We need another sniper on this team. more goals are necessary to take the heat off Ovie.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hopefully Holtby, Kuz, and Mojo don't take up too much of the remaining cap and allow us to have some more $$ to use.

Now ship out Brouwer for futures and sign Semin to a similar deal/send Mojo+pick to the Hawks for Sharp

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Repeat after me.

Tom Wilson is not a scoring line player.

He looked great on that line to start the season and that was after missing an entire summer of development. (which is pretty ****ing crucial for a player his age)

I'm willing to bet he works out on that top line quite nicely by the end of the season.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Williams is a great signing. And fine as the 1RW if we sign a better RW than him that plays with Kuz on line 2.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Repeat after me.

Tom Wilson is not a scoring line player.

I really don't understand the love some posters have for this guy. I mean i want him to succeed but some posters jamming him into a 1RW role confuses the hell out of me, he hasn't even earned a third line role yet.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Caps currently have $14.4 million in space, per @generalfanager. Three RFAs still unsigned.

Upgrade MoJo. DOn't need him now that we have Williams. Trade him out for Oshie. If not, we are not winning a cup with Williams and MoJo as our RW depth.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
Sign Williams-Done
Sign Holtby
Sign Kuzy
Trade MOJO
Trade Brouwer
Get Oshie
Trade Laich for the last draft pick
Sign Semin

Wam Bam Thank You Ma'am Cup Time

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Taking the high end of 13M for our RFAs, the Caps end up with 12F, 7D, and 2G (Chorney as the 7D, and Peters buried with Grubauer in his place), along with 2.35M in cap space. Room for a bargain guy like Semin or Boyes, but anything greater is gonna require salary to be moved out.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Another stop gap measure, a declining 33 year old who hasn't scored more than 40 points since 2012.

If he's 1RW, he's playing with the greatest goal scorer in the game. He'll do fine.

OT: I just realized that Ovie is 5th all-time in goals per game in the regular season. Holy ****.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Upgrade MoJo. DOn't need him now that we have Williams. Trade him out for Oshie. If not, we are not winning a cup with Williams and MoJo as our RW depth.

I agree that we need to upgrade Mojo, but he isn't a RW. Our RW depth currently is Williams, Brouwer, Wilson, Galiev, Brown, Mitchell. Don't think the Caps are done at this point. Now it's time to explore the trade option

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Taking the high end of 13M for our RFAs, the Caps end up with 12F, 7D, and 2G, along with 2.35M in cap space. Room for a bargain guy like Semin or Boyes, but anything greater is gonna require salary to be moved out.

OV - Backstrom - WIlliams
Bura - Kuz - MoJo
Laich - ? - Brouwer
Chimera - Beagle - Wilson

Doesn't look like a cup team to me. Salary better be moved for another good winger.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Man, I'd drive them to the airport myself. Have to think the Blues want an upgrade on one of those players: Bura or Bowey.
Screw it. Add Bowey over Carrick.

Ovie - Backstrom - Oshie
Burakovsky - Kuznetsov - Williams

The bottom six might be a mess to figure out who's where...but the top lines would be done for at least two years.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
730484275b78431f507394e05bd974a9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad