Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part LX (FA Frenzy 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananas

Mar 26, 2007
Even sending mojo back it would be a very tight fit and they would either have to retain, or we get a good deal on holtby and kuznetsov.

Use a draft pick to trade Laich in a separate deal...at this point his value is decidedly negative but find a dance partner. There has to be a price that gets it done...

He must be gotten rid of this offseason or at the deadline. He's single handedly ruining our cap...and we can't afford to wait it out due to window concerns.

Solid Carlson/Alzner/Williams/Backstrom deals are easily offsetting Niskanen/Orpik and now most likely Holtby ones...

Trading Laich is mandatory if he's creating a deal-breaker scenario for a move that really improves us. If there's nothing out there that keeping him on the roster is directly blocking, we can wait as his negative value dips as time ticks off his albatross...

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Caps signed Williams - so they basically replced Ward w/ a minor upgrade.

What I love most about Williams... Kings are 7-0 in game 7's with him and he has 14 points. That's insane production when it counts most.

bWo*

I'm so unbelievably happy with this signing. now just dump troy and laich and bring on 2 of jvr/oshie/burns/pomminville/backes/semin/sharp/Pavelski and we're set!

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
I honestly wouldn't mind Burro as the #3C. He's so young might as well make our centers strong.

Given that, I think Caps still need to acquire another top 6 scoring winger.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
Reading the Free Frenzy thread on Justin Williams it appears that Kings' fan LOVED him, and other teams really think this is one of the best (if not the best) deal of the day. Many are saying he is unbelievably clutch in game 7s, and Kings' fans say that he covers 200 ft of ice, call him 'sweet prince,' talk about how much he'll be missed, etc. Other teams saying that they would have paid twice that for him, Caps are the dark horse next year, the next Stanley Cup champs, etc. In six pages, there was literally just one not-positive comment about him, it wasn't even negative, just not-positive. Sounds pretty good for us! I'm so, so happy about this signing. BMac is justifying my faith in him.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
See if Leafs will trade salary for JVR with sweeteners,

Brouwer, Bowey, and next years 1st for JVR
Sign Semin for 2m a year. Sign Gleason for 1m a year.
Holtby at 5.5m
Kuz at 3m
MaJo at 3.5m

Ovechkin- Backstrom- JVR
MaJo-Kuz-Williams
Burakovsky-Laich-Semin
Chimera-Beagle-Wilson
Latta/Galiev

Carlson-Orpik
Alzner-Niskanen
Orlov-Gleason
Schmidt

Holtby
Grubs

Deep and mixable. If Semin becomes a turd, dump him. Or if he mans up, put him and Willams w Kuz. Laich, Bura, and MaJo can all play center. Options are limitless.

Last edited:

MalcontentCapsFan

May 21, 2012
See if Leafs will trade salary for JVR with sweeteners,

Brouwer, Bowey, and next years 1st for JVR
Sign Semin for 2m a year. Sign Gleason for 1m a year.
Holtby at 5.5m
Kuz at 3m
MaJo at 3.5m

Ovechkin- Backstrom- JVR
MaJo-Kuz-Williams
Burakovsky-Laich-Semin
Chimera-Beagle-Galiev
Latta/Scrub

Carlson-Orpik
Alzner-Niskanen
Orlov-Gleason
Schmidt

Holtby
Grubs

Deep and mixable. If Semin becomes a turd, dump him. Or if he mans up, put him and Willams w Kuz. Laich, Bura, and MaJo can all play center. Options are limitless.
Disappointing that Galiev gets a spot over Wilson

aquablue

May 4, 2010
JVR is now more realistic than sharp due to salary. But they'd want a lot of youth. You'd have to blow them away to get him out of Toronto now. Maybe they'd take Laich as a dump, but they'd probably want Bowey and Vrana, or maybe bura too as well as a first.

This is the kind of package they would want

Vrana, bowey, mojo and a first or second

Laich dump

For Jvr and bozak

sign semin for cheap 1 year deal.

Lol! Cup

Ovie - back - WILLIAMS
Jvr - kuznetsov - semin
Bura - Bose- brow
Chimera - dog - willie

Last edited:

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
He's a 40 point player, hardly first line material. But if that's what you want, a declining 33 year old 40 point player for our first line, so be it.

Pretty sure Knuble wasn't the most talented or the youngest player when the Caps iced one of the most prolific offenses in a long time. Williams is a great addition to Ovi and Backstrom.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Boston got rid of Savard and Philadelphia got rid of Pronger so maybe we can get rid of Laich to. Obviously it's not the exact same but its money out of the owners pocket.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Boston got rid of Savard and Philadelphia got rid of Pronger so maybe we can get rid of Laich to. Obviously it's not the exact same but its money out of the owners pocket.

Just trade him to Toronto in a package for Jvr as above. Good leadership for the rebuild.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I don't see Bowey as impact player in next 3-4 years. He's 3RD at maximum, probably without much PK. All his value for us is in potential, for the Ovi-era at least.

So if it's a deal-breaker for somebody very good, you have to trade him.

Vrana, on the other hand, could score some critical goal in 2 years. Just because he is cheap young winger with a good shot.

Williams news are awesome! Made my morning.

- What's your name, son?
- Hammock Miracle Worker, sir!

PS: After some games in Hershey he could be still very valuable around deadline. We can try to get our forward later. After Blues explode, for example, or Boston, which is more probable.

Imagine, trade deadline. We have Brouwer who is UFA. Some team will gladly take him, I suppose. Boom! We can trade futures for Eriksson, for to say. Meanwhile, Brouwer can take some grinder work from Williams in the regular season. Sounds like a plan, right?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I think if we really need some cap space we can dump Chimmer without much trouble.

Would hate it, but understand.

So the resolution should be there in the end.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
@Mojo

I think he's now close to what he was projected to be at the draft.

Skilled, very fast, disciplined 2-way swedish forward.

His pass to Ovi in G7 against Rangers does define him for now. It was a masterpiece at a critical time. Clutch one. At least for me it really is.

So the main problem is to get him on reasonable contract. Don't overpay and he's what we need more not less.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
FYI since server migration some threads are allowed to go over 1,000, especially from big, breaking news overnight. We locals don't monitor all night but some globals do. If a thread goes too far over 1,000 just use the report button and a global or overnight mod will view the report.

next thread here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1922695

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->