Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part LX (FA Frenzy 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
The number of seemingly reasonable posters in here getting excited about bringing this guy back is just mind boggling.
Does that say more about you or us? :hmmm:

The number of people who complain about lack of offense yet are unwilling to entertain the idea of bringing in a superior offensive talent on a cheap deal is mind boggling.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
If his contract is cheap (which it may very well not be) then I say go for it. Not sure what they stand to lose. The offensive depth on this team is atrocious as the roster currently stands.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Does that say more about you or us? :hmmm:

The number of people who complain about lack of offense yet are unwilling to entertain the idea of bringing in a superior offensive talent on a cheap deal is mind boggling.

yeah those 6 goals should get us to the promiseland

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I would definitely bring him back if he comes back on the cheap. The Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin line was one of the best lines in the league a few years ago and as Carlzner stated, you could put Sasha on Kuznetsov's wing.

He would easily put up more than 6 goals playing alongside his buddies again

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Semin acquisition thread ftw! Who wanted cheap 1 year RW placeholder? Hahaha.

Edit: I can see Ovi saying "fu, if you can't provide better 2ndary offense just let me have some fun".

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Mike Vogel says its less then 5 percent chance they sign him.

Apologize that i cant post tweets, my phone isn't that advanced :)

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I will be furious if they don't get nor Semin neither player better than him. The opportunity is there.

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 4h4 hours ago
Annual reminder: Big trades almost never happen after July 1, and GMs saying they'll just wait for UFA to play out are lying to themselves.

With that information & Vogels tweet about little chance of Semin + GMBM saying we're only maybe looking at 1 UFA for July 1st... it's looking like signing Holtby and Kuznetsov are our remaining big moves this summer. :help:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
My gut feeling - Think Trotz would get the most out of Sasha than any coach he's had so far in his career.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Fun fact: over the past two years, 32 skaters have played at least 10 minutes with Semin. 30 of them had a higher CF% with Semin than away from him. :dunno:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
My gut feeling - Think Trotz would get the most out of Sasha than any coach he's had so far in his career.

Trotz can deal with Sasha.
Sasha has untapped 2-way potential, I'm sure Trotz can turn him back into a 30 goal, 2-way monster on Kuznetsov or Backstrom's wing.

I just hope Semin finally grew up. If he had Ovi's maturity, he'd be outstanding.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Fun fact: over the past two years, 32 skaters have played at least 10 minutes with Semin. 30 of them had a higher CF% with Semin than away from him. :dunno:
Pffffffft. Don't nobody need none of that fancy stat possession stuff. Nobody wins Cups with that. North American defense+grittertude all the way, baby!

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Rather we got for sharp. Semin can be a ghost. Guy is not reliable.

Second and a prospect for sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad