Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap Part LX (FA Frenzy 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Holtby, mojo, kuz for 13
dump laich
semin for 3

Ov-kuz-semin
bura-nick-Williams
brow-mojo-Wilson
chim-beagle-Latta
lob/galiev/etc

I don't see Laich being dumped now.

Semin, I don't see him taking 3 million. But, I cold be wrong.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Good lord, people. Just say no to Semin.

I was as big a Sasha apologist as you could find back in the day, but NO. This team has to keep moving away from half-assed efforts. Williams is a great step in that direction. Semin would be a huge step back.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Too much to ask for to dump Laich, Brouwer, and Johansson re-sign Ward and get Sharp or Oshie?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Williams is pretty much the ideal fit for 1RW. If they acquire another forward, they're on the 2nd line.

This team still needs a 2RW and/or 3C, at the very least. Ideally both. Preferably a veteran 8D as well.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Williams is pretty much the ideal fit for 1RW. If they acquire another forward, they're on the 2nd line.

This team still needs a 2RW and/or 3C, at the very least. Ideally both. Preferably a veteran 8D as well.
Whats that? No need to address the defense??!? Aside from an 8d?? Whaaaaa?

:laugh:

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Ovie-Kuz-Burro/Williams
Mojo-Backstrom-Burro/Williams

Now find another C and pay someone a pick to take Laich...and possibly trade away MoJo for someone to replace him.

Backes/Oshie/Sharp/Similar all sound appealing...

aquablue

May 4, 2010

I was as big a Sasha apologist as you could find back in the day, but NO. This team has to keep moving away from half-assed efforts. Williams is a great step in that direction. Semin would be a huge step back.

Hmm.. we've lost a lot of goals. Who is going to make up the loss of Fehr, Ward, Glenx, Green in goals? Not williams. Semin would be a decent try, since it looks like it will be tough to make a big trade for Sharp now.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD

Hey, I'd love oshie. But I'd consider Sasha on a cheap one year deal only because money is tight.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Semin won't be the only cheap contract out there, a large number of wingers still have not been signed yet. Although he'll probably have the highest potential payoff.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Yes, the remainder of their UFA involvement should be limited to: who wants to sign on the cheap? Step right up. There are only so many spots.

They may have $1-1.5M for a depth center to play above Beagle. They may be able to afford a more veteran #7D @ ~$1M instead of Chorney. Much of anything beyond that and it ought to indicate that trades will have to happen.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
We've lost around 50 goals (Green, Fehr, Ward). Williams can score 20. That would leave 30 or so to make up if we want to maintain our offensive output. The young players may improve, the addition of another 10 goals if we're lucky say. So, we're short another 20, and that assumes that Ovie, Backstrom, and MoJo all stay on par. In order to improve our goal scoring output, we need a couple of players probably who can get 30 goals between them given that there is no player we could aquire who is a 30 goal scorer at this point.

Estimating

OV - 50
MoJo = 18
Williams - 23
Backstrom - 20
Bura - 14
Kuznetsov - 16
Laich - 10
Chimera - 6
Brouwer - 20
Wilson - 5
Beagle - 5
Latta - 3
Galiev -4

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
We've lost around 50 goals (Green, Fehr, Ward). Williams can score 20. That would leave 30 or so to make up if we want to maintain our offensive output. The young players may improve, the addition of another 10 goals if we're lucky say. So, we're short another 20, and that assumes that Ovie, Backstrom, and MoJo all stay on par. In order to improve our goal scoring output, we need a couple of players probably who can get 30 goals between them given that there is no player we could aquire who is a 30 goal scorer at this point.

I think Kuz will have alot more points this season.

Semin is 25-30 goals if he comes back, and alot better then trading the farm for Oshie

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Can we all just take a break from the panicking for one night? They just made a great signing. One day at a time. Gmbm improved the defense last year now he made a part one signing. Still long time til the season starts

aquablue

May 4, 2010
I think Kuz will have alot more points this season.

Semin is 25-30 goals if he comes back, and alot better then trading the farm for Oshie

I doubt Semin returns though. Ted won't like the locker room issues, the reputation of laziness, etc. The fact that some players dislike him would cause tension.

I'm all for him to come back but I don't see it happening. I see him going elsewhere.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Can we all just take a break from the panicking for one night? They just made a great signing. One day at a time. Gmbm improved the defense last year now he made a part one signing. Still long time til the season starts

who's panicking? I'm stating what I feel the team is lacking.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC

Exactly...we'll be fine. I'm excited about our young guys next season...should be fun watching them develop with the skill they have.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Sharp becomes more appealing now with the addition of Williams imo...Orpik, Williams and Sharp is a nice proven veteran backbone for a team with Cup aspirations...they'd all be in decline but they're certainly the kind of guys you'd want you're prime window and up and coming players learning from...and none of them seem "finished"...yet.

Overall the Williams signing based on it's affordability and term opens up some nice options for us...Sharp (who may be off the table now that Saad is gone) or otherwise.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Sharp becomes more appealing now with the addition of Williams imo...Orpik, Williams and Sharp is a nice proven veteran backbone for a team with Cup aspirations...they'd all be in decline but they're certainly the kind of guys you'd want you're prime window and up and coming players learning from...and none of them seem "finished"...yet.

Overall the Williams signing based on it's affordability and term opens up some nice options for us...Sharp (who may be off the table now that Saad is gone) or otherwise.

We need to give salary I believe to get Sharp. Chicago can't take much back. They would have to retain a million i think now.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD

No way the money works on sharp unless one of mojo, brow, or bl go back and Chi doesn't want salary.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
No way the money works on sharp unless one of mojo, brow, or bl go back and Chi doesn't want salary.

Even sending mojo back it would be a very tight fit and they would either have to retain, or we get a good deal on holtby and kuznetsov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad