Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXXX (Shatty susp. 2 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Shattenkirk banned 2 games

1st NHL suspension. Just days after the trade. More bad luck for Caps?

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Blues fan coming in peace. Sorry about Shatty misbehaving. Its out of character, but I think he's struggling to figure out his role on your talented team. I hope he starts contributing.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Blues fan coming in peace. Sorry about Shatty misbehaving. Its out of character, but I think he's struggling to figure out his role on your talented team. I hope he starts contributing.

Thanks. There's a lot to learn and he's trying too hard. I suspect it will settle down Just hope it's sooner than later.

sl3966

May 30, 2006
He's been contributing IMO, he's been responsible for like 3 of our last 4 goals. His vision and passing offensively has been ridiculous. The rest of the team has been slacking around him, passes not connecting, OV not doing much, and now Trotz has neutered the third and fourth lines.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012

Thanks. There's a lot to learn and he's trying too hard. I suspect it will settle down Just hope it's sooner than later.

agree with cali and thanks for stopping by, he's trying too hard. it's not his fault that the team is falling apart after his trade. hopefully he'll settle down soon. suspension doesn't help though

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
what seems clear to me is that the Caps game is complicated. It took the team months to get it right and its easy to lose it in a week off. As we are seeing now.

Expecting Shattenkirk to learn it is a real roll of the dice.

I didn't see a lot of the game last night but it looked like Carlson picked his game up on the PP both with his shot and with his wheel house pass to Ov. That's a positive

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Let's get a true losing streak. 8 game losing streak and Caps can secure the 1WC spot the Rangers hold, and punch their ticket to Round 3.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Let's get a true losing streak. 8 game losing streak and Caps can secure the 1WC spot the Rangers hold, and punch their ticket to Round 3.

Atlantic is easier than Metro but Montreal and Ottawa are no pushovers either. Only easy team in the Atlantic bracket would be Boston. What are the odds we face them in the second round even if we fall to the WC1 spot?

I'd rather go for PT, home ice has done wonders for us.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Following up on a topic from the game thread, I wonder if Schmidt keeps seemingly playing well with Orpik if they'd actually sit Shattenkirk? Personally I'd like to see a game or two with Schmidt and Shatt, but (as was said in the thread) they seem locked into Orpik and Alzner playing over Schmidt no matter how well he preforms.

I'm still cautiously optimistic that this could be one of the best things to happen to the Caps. Its much better for them to hit this wall now then to hit it in the middle of a series.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
what seems clear to me is that the Caps game is complicated. It took the team months to get it right and its easy to lose it in a week off. As we are seeing now.

Expecting Shattenkirk to learn it is a real roll of the dice.

I didn't see a lot of the game last night but it looked like Carlson picked his game up on the PP both with his shot and with his wheel house pass to Ov. That's a positive

Weird considering he's been one of our best players so far

Valhuen

Secretary of Defense
Apr 10, 2011
Tucson via Spokane
Following up on a topic from the game thread, I wonder if Schmidt keeps seemingly playing well with Orpik if they'd actually sit Shattenkirk? Personally I'd like to see a game or two with Schmidt and Shatt, but (as was said in the thread) they seem locked into Orpik and Alzner playing over Schmidt no matter how well he preforms.

I'm still cautiously optimistic that this could be one of the best things to happen to the Caps. Its much better for them to hit this wall now then to hit it in the middle of a series.

At this point would put Schmidt in over either Alzner or Orpik and see how he does with the increased minutes. He's a much better puck mover than the other two, may help us create some more offensive chances.

Way things are going, certainly can't hurt. Not a lot of positives to focus on right now with this team, seems everyone is "off" in one way or another. Hopefully we get Bura back tomorrow night and see if that lights a fire under the team.

Would not sit Shattenkirk, he has been one of our best players during this rut. Frustrating game for him in LA for sure, but he has the talent to keep generating offensive chances.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Taking Alzner's iron man streak out from under him would **** him and the team off. Sit Orpik, he hasn't been contributing much

Valhuen

Secretary of Defense
Apr 10, 2011
Tucson via Spokane
Taking Alzner's iron man streak out from under him would **** him and the team off. Sit Orpik, he hasn't been contributing much

Yep, that would be the only concern, how he would react to getting benched (not that he hasn't earned it). Wants to keep his value high for the off-season free agent market. Really hope we let him walk.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Maybe pissing off the team is what it needs. Or maybe it would turn the team against Trotz. Who knows. I'll try and stick to leaving the team psychology analysis to those who are actually in the locker room.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
The discussion should be focused on what they might do though, because we all know 27 isn't getting sat and I'd think its very unlikely that 44 does.

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
I'd love to give Justin Williams some sodium pentothal to see what he thinks of this dumpster fire. He's seen the league from many angles, and has seen what it takes to win a cup with different teams. And he looks to give his all on every shift (even if it leads to some stupid penalties). I'm guessing his head is exploding.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'd love to give Justin Williams some sodium pentothal to see what he thinks of this dumpster fire. He's seen the league from many angles, and has seen what it takes to win a cup with different teams. And he looks to give his all on every shift (even if it leads to some stupid penalties). I'm guessing his head is exploding.

He thinks it's no big deal. Remember his team barely made the playoffs in 2012 and they still won the Cup. They were also down 3-0 to the Sharks in the first round. They made an improbable comeback and went on to win again. A 4 game losing streak in the regular season with a team locked in a playoff spot doesn't scare him.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
I think we are going to be in 3rd place really soon. Looking at who we end the month with. And who the Jacket sand Pitt will be playing. Its only a matter of time unless things change in a hurry.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Every experienced fan is lowering expectations right now. To deal with the imminent damage to his health.

Optimists have to go irrational way. Believe in locker room figuring it out :P

Why not btw? They can win it all still. Someone has to win. There is a chance.

PS: That Big Winter Entertainment were the great times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad