Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXIX (2016 TDL Pre-Game Pt1)(2/27-Laich waived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
D Jay Harrison and F Matt Fraser have spent the entire year in Manitoba so maybe they were thrown in for contract reasons. Manitoba is one of the worst teams in the AHL

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think BMac telling us nothing is happening until Monday was interesting. I think a deal is all but agreed upon, but the trade partner wants to wait until the last minutes in case a better deal comes along.

I am predicting Komarov is our primary target. Adding a high ticket guy like Ladd is just not us, at least not yet.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
[WPG/CHI] Ladd(36% retained), Harrison, Fraser for Dano, 1st, conditional pick

Huge trade for Chicago.

They have no problem trading their 1st rd pick every year to get a difference making player to be better now. You'd think the lack of young talent would catch up to them - but nope - they just keep having young guys step up and fill roles.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Chicago will only have around 1.6 million to work with after the Ladd deal per General Fanager. That leaves out Hamhuis (Even at 50% retention) unless they ship out salary

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think BMac telling us nothing is happening until Monday was interesting. I think a deal is all but agreed upon, but the trade partner wants to wait until the last minutes in case a better deal comes along.
I don't think he said wouldn't get done until Monday, although there is perhaps the 23 player roster to keep in mind as far as doing something before then. I took it more along the lines that he realizes it's going to be a real grind to get done and that he's really going to have to work the phones.

I'm also more concerned with just getting to the ECF with this team. Not to say that's the goal but that's been hard enough for this core. To think Kuznetsov's emergence and solid depth is enough to vault them another two rounds is asking a lot, esp. with how some of their key guys have played lately.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Depends if you're more worried about the first round or the fourth.

We'll worry about the SCF if we get there.

I am predicting Komarov is our primary target. Adding a high ticket guy like Ladd is just not us, at least not yet.

Komarov is as good as Ladd this year IMO. He is just less popular because he plays for the Leafs and spent a significant portion of his career overseas in the KHL.

I'm perfectly fine with adding Komarov. I don't want to disrupt our top 9 too much but he fits like a glove. Unload Laich, add Komarov. Give a 1st and a prospect if needed.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Chicago will only have around 1.6 million to work with after the Ladd deal per General Fanager. That leaves out Hamhuis (Even at 50% retention) unless they ship out salary

Hawks projected cap space is $878K per Capfriendly. I think they're done for now, unless they see a minor tweak they could do. Their bottom 6 could get an upgrade.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
George Richards – Verified account ‏@GeorgeRichards

Scouts at #FlaPanthers #Coyotes tonight: Washington, Chicago, San Jose; local Winnipeg scout is lone Jets representative.

Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad