Speculation: Acq./Rost. Bldg./Cap/Lines etc. Part LXIX (2016 TDL Pre-Game Pt1)(2/27-Laich waived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmljeh19*

Considering you have no idea what he is doing or not doing in regards to talking with other GMs, the only thing we can do is go by his record. And so far he hasn't been afraid to make moves to improve the team.

I must have missed where he made a big trade? No Brouwer and Copley do not apply

tmljeh19*

but he improved the team did he not?

he could have just kept brouwer if he was scared to make a trade

Not when Oshie >>>>> Brouwer. I'm talking a trade where a real asset is moved. Not a wing EVERYONE wanted move our 5th depth goalie

tmljeh19*

Considering you have no idea what he is doing or not doing in regards to talking with other GMs, the only thing we can do is go by his record. And so far he hasn't been afraid to make moves to improve the team.

He hasn't been afraid to make moves where it's a clear and obvious win. I'm talking giving to get. Give up a good piece to win now. Has yet to do so.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Not when Oshie >>>>> Brouwer. I'm talking a trade where a real asset is moved. Not a wing EVERYONE wanted move our 5th depth goalie

You have zero basis to assume he won't/isn't brave enough to make a big trade when he sees the right one. This is only his second TDL. We're not talking about McPhee.

tmljeh19*

It wasn't a deal that just fell in his lap. It was reported that we had been talking with them about Oshie since before the '15 Trade Deadline.

Who wouldn't swap Oshie for Brouwer. It's a no brainer.

tmljeh19*

You have zero basis to assume he won't/isn't brave enough to make a big trade when he sees the right one. This is only his second TDL. We're not talking about McPhee.

I do because they have laid out their plan and followed through with it. There's no talk of a 2 borderline 3 wing because they don't see it as an issue. But it is.

tmljeh19*

just because he chooses not to make a move, which we don't know us the case yet, doesn't mean he's afraid. You have no basis for that assertion.

Yes I do. His team just lost to the best team in the west and reigning cup winners. If he can't see his team can't hang then he's an idiot. I didn't think he was that dumb but I'm beginning to think I was wrong in that regard.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Yes I do. His team just lost to the best team in the west and reigning cup winners. If he can't see his team can't hang then he's an idiot. I didn't think he was that dumb but I'm beginning to think I was wrong in that regard.

To be fair, it was a one goal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad